Favorite Meets Ever?

Discuss general topics dealing with the hobby.
ICW
Marked Out Master

Re: Favorite Meets Ever?

Post by ICW » March 7th, 2019, 7:47 pm

Great stories, guys!

---

One of my favorite stories where I don't have a photo op or autograph:

I was a 2nd semester freshmen (or thereabouts) at Hofstra University and I was on my way to a night class. My roommate and I are walking across campus and I suddenly see this tatted up, older guy smoking a cigarette by a side-entrance to one of our event halls. As I get closer to him, I realize that it's Balls Mahoney! How random is that?

So I go up to him and I say, "Are you Balls Mahoney?" and he goes, "YES I AM, MAN!" and we shake hands as my roommate looks at me like I'm insane for knowing who this guy was. Balls tells me that the school booked a show that featured him, Spike Dudley, and a bunch of local Indie guys (I saw zero advertisements for this show) and he asked if I was coming. I told him that I was actually on my way to a class and he says without missing a beat, "FUCK CLASS! COME TO THE SHOW, DON'T BE A PUSSY!" We laughed and I told him I'd try to make it but I never did (sadly)
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » September 1st, 2019, 2:38 pm

Danny McBride, hardly in NYC, couldnt get him last few times, low key spot and he was nice as can be

mrira
Marked Out Master

Post by mrira » September 1st, 2019, 8:22 pm

My 2nd time Meeting Robin Williams is always my favorite & one of my favorite M&G stories to tell my friends who aren't in the hobby.
I feel like Kevin Hart gave my daughter a similar experience that I had with Robin Williams.
One of my favorite wrestling meets was with Xavier like 2 years ago. I ran into him on the LIRR going into the city & we just talked wrestling for the 30 minute trip.

Anthony18
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Anthony18 » September 5th, 2019, 10:01 am

Kristen Bell is my favorite meet. I met her at the Big Apple Con in NYC back in November 2007. I don't know if she's done any signings since then like that. Only reason she was able to even do that is because of the strike that happened with tv shows. Did any of you attend that Con? Do you know if Kristen has done any signings since?

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » September 5th, 2019, 2:02 pm

Anthony18 wrote:
September 5th, 2019, 10:01 am
Kristen Bell is my favorite meet. I met her at the Big Apple Con in NYC back in November 2007. I don't know if she's done any signings since then like that. Only reason she was able to even do that is because of the strike that happened with tv shows. Did any of you attend that Con? Do you know if Kristen has done any signings since?
Bell was sitting at a table at a con in 2007? Wow
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets

sunsetgraphs
Learning To Mark Out

Post by sunsetgraphs » September 8th, 2019, 12:37 am

Anthony18 wrote:
September 5th, 2019, 10:01 am
I got her that day too! I've been looking for her ever since. Haven't seen her anywhere.