Greg Price sends disparaging tweet about Speak Out movement, feels the wrath of Lance Storm

Discuss general topics dealing with the hobby.
ICW
Marked Out Master

Greg Price sends disparaging tweet about Speak Out movement, feels the wrath of Lance Storm

Post by ICW » June 24th, 2020, 1:06 pm

The tweet:
I'm about sick of reading these #SpeakOut pieces, I'm sure some are legit, and I feel bad for those folks. But a lot I've read mention hotel rooms and bathrooms. Not blaming all victims, but geez, if you ended up alone with a guy in a bathroom or hotel room, you were a rat
Lance Storm responds:
Sorry but a big fuck you on this one. I don’t care if someone is a “rat” passed out naked on a bathroom floor, Rape is Rape and fuck anyone who even tries to say or think otherwise. Will never be working for you again
There's speculation that Billy Corgan may go after Price for using the NWA name for his fanfests. Price dug a hole deeper, releasing a rambling "Notes app" speech where he says he's not taking back what he originally said (tweet has since been deleted by Price). Storm responded again:
Wow, you picked up another shovel and kept digging. Trust me, I’d say fuck you to your face.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

oldschoolwwwf
Marked Out Master

Re: Greg Price sends disparaging tweet about Speak Out movement, feels the wrath of Lance Storm

Post by oldschoolwwwf » June 24th, 2020, 4:15 pm

Why would corgan go after him when Greg hasn’t run in an nwa legends show in I would think at least 5 years.

Plus I’m sure Greg is judgment proof. Doubt corgan would ever see one cent.

I don’t get why Storm would get so bent out of shape over a tweet from Greg price. Who cares what Greg or anyone else thinks on the topic? People on Twitter and Facebook getting all upset over tweets and posts, unless it’s directed at you specifically, I don’t see why you would get so upset over it.

mrira
Marked Out Master

Re: Greg Price sends disparaging tweet about Speak Out movement, feels the wrath of Lance Storm

Post by mrira » June 24th, 2020, 4:30 pm

Yeah, can't see how Greg could get sued over events that happened before Corgan even owned the NWA name & I'm sure these events where known to the NWA powers that be at the time.

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » June 24th, 2020, 4:44 pm

oldschoolwwwf wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 4:15 pm
Why would corgan go after him when Greg hasn’t run in an nwa legends show in I would think at least 5 years.

I don’t get why Storm would get so bent out of shape over a tweet from Greg price. Who cares what Greg or anyone else thinks on the topic? People on Twitter and Facebook getting all upset over tweets and posts, unless it’s directed at you specifically, I don’t see why you would get so upset over it.
I have no clue if Corgan has any claim/will even go after Price. It's been something that I've seen floating around on Twitter by a few Indy wrestlers.

As for Storm's reaction: I believe many of the victims are either his friends or former students, so it may be more personal to him.

Personally, I'm always glad when these things come out because I know who to never give a dime to.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!

oldschoolwwwf
Marked Out Master

Post by oldschoolwwwf » June 24th, 2020, 9:39 pm

Then you should find another hobby man. If Greg price vended a name you really wanted to meet, you would pass because of those tweets? So many people in this business are sleazy. If you only met wrestlers who were squeaky clean through vendors who were squeaky clean, the number of people you actually Meet would be minimal. Racism, abuse of women, making fun of homosexuality, child molesting, this encompasses a wide area of wrestling both behind the scenes and for years, on camera.

Vince does all that stuff on camera. You would pass meeting Vince? Hunter did the racism angle with booker years ago. Pass on HHH? Pass on snuka when he was alive. If you pass on anyone involved in anything shady in real life or social media, I’m surprised you still have names to meet in this hobby.

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » June 24th, 2020, 10:30 pm

oldschoolwwwf wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 9:39 pm
Then you should find another hobby man. If Greg price vended a name you really wanted to meet, you would pass because of those tweets? So many people in this business are sleazy. If you only met wrestlers who were squeaky clean through vendors who were squeaky clean, the number of people you actually Meet would be minimal. Racism, abuse of women, making fun of homosexuality, child molesting, this encompasses a wide area of wrestling both behind the scenes and for years, on camera.

Vince does all that stuff on camera. You would pass meeting Vince? Hunter did the racism angle with booker years ago. Pass on HHH? Pass on snuka when he was alive. If you pass on anyone involved in anything shady in real life or social media, I’m surprised you still have names to meet in this hobby.
I wouldn't give Price a dime of my money, no.

I haven't given my business to RF after I learned of his appearance on "Dateline: To Catch a Predator." He's brought in a ton of great names since, names I would've loved to have met, but I ultimately decided that supporting him in any way, shape, or form wasn't worth a stupid autograph and photo. I also passed on Jimmy Snuka and that's with ZERO regrets. We're talking about someone who likely murdered his girlfriend and participated in a coverup. This isn't meant to pass judgment on anyone who met Snuka and knew of the allegations but I can't imagine looking at someone who likely committed murder and telling myself, "Eh I'll give him the $30 for the combo." I just didn't feel comfortable doing that.

Hell, I've passed on meeting Big Cass because I was given first-hand knowledge of a backstage incident he had with another wrestler, which really disgusted me.

You make an excellent point about the business is full of sleaze and I've been thinking of walking away entirely because I'm not comfortable giving money to anyone who is a vile human being. Admittedly, it would be difficult to walk away cold turkey but it's something I just might do.

I've done this hobby for about 6 years It's been a lot of fun, I've met a lot of genuinely good people, and I've made memories that will last a lifetime. That being said, I'm not sure I'm going to participate in this much longer. Hopefully, more victims come forward and expose every predator and abuser out there and there's a real, significant change to wrestling culture. If I do decide to keep with the hobby, then I'm going to do my best to avoid the scumbags. We'll see

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » June 25th, 2020, 8:17 am

RF brought in the Four Horsemen (who were a HUGE want for me together as a group) to one of his cons which would have been a 90 minute drive for me. I passed, and eventually traveled to KNOXVILLE, which was a 10+ hour drive for me, to get them, and didn't regret it a bit. And if, God forbid, one of them had passed away and I had never got them, I still wouldn't have regretted it.

This is literally just a "hobby" for me, not some end-all, be-all "gotta get 'em all!" obsession like it is for some of the weirder people we've all encountered over the years. No autograph or picture is worth it enough to me to hand money to a guy I know likes to "pretend you said 18" - and not to mention his reputation for outright forgery of dead wrestlers.

Feinstein could invent a time machine and book Andre and Savage at a show, and I still wouldn't give him a dime.

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » June 25th, 2020, 10:35 am

AJLe wrote:
June 25th, 2020, 8:17 am
RF brought in the Four Horsemen (who were a HUGE want for me together as a group) to one of his cons which would have been a 90 minute drive for me. I passed, and eventually traveled to KNOXVILLE, which was a 10+ hour drive for me, to get them, and didn't regret it a bit. And if, God forbid, one of them had passed away and I had never got them, I still wouldn't have regretted it.

This is literally just a "hobby" for me, not some end-all, be-all "gotta get 'em all!" obsession like it is for some of the weirder people we've all encountered over the years. No autograph or picture is worth it enough to me to hand money to a guy I know likes to "pretend you said 18" - and not to mention his reputation for outright forgery of dead wrestlers.

Feinstein could invent a time machine and book Andre and Savage at a show, and I still wouldn't give him a dime.
Well said.

16times
Marked Out King

Post by 16times » June 25th, 2020, 8:19 pm

ICW wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 1:06 pm

Price dug a hole deeper, releasing a rambling "Notes app" speech where he says he's not taking back what he originally said (tweet has since been deleted by Price).
Here's some of what Greg wrote before it got deleted.
image0.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image3.jpeg
image4.jpeg
"Every time you score a photo op, an angel gets his wings!"

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » June 25th, 2020, 8:55 pm

While I believe Price's historical accounts on wrestling groupies, there's absolutely no point of his bringing it up. The female performer who accused a male of abusing her, or the other of sexual acts in a van, were not groupies.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

Anthony18
Marked Out Pro

Post by Anthony18 » June 25th, 2020, 9:09 pm

ICW wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 4:44 pm
oldschoolwwwf wrote:

I have no clue if Corgan has any claim/will even go after Price. It's been something that I've seen floating around on Twitter by a few Indy wrestlers.

As for Storm's reaction: I believe many of the victims are either his friends or former students, so it may be more personal to him.

Personally, I'm always glad when these things come out because I know who to never give a dime to.
I bet you regret paying to meet Joey Ryan? I’m glad I never did.

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » June 25th, 2020, 9:19 pm

Anthony18 wrote:
June 25th, 2020, 9:09 pm
ICW wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 4:44 pm
oldschoolwwwf wrote:

I bet you regret paying to meet Joey Ryan? I’m glad I never did.
Of course. I regretted it before the news broke because he couldn't have been less personable.
Greg2600 wrote:
June 25th, 2020, 8:55 pm
While I believe Price's historical accounts on wrestling groupies, there's absolutely no point of his bringing it up. The female performer who accused a male of abusing her, or the other of sexual acts in a van, were not groupies.
Well said

Anthony18
Marked Out Pro

Post by Anthony18 » June 25th, 2020, 9:25 pm

AJLe wrote:

I’ve seen his auction videos and he does good business. He sold an Eddie Guerrero plaque for over $1,000.

Legends of the ring brought in someone to big event I really wanted to meet and even though I don’t like Terrance Brennan I do like James Soubasis. Was I wrong to go for that even though Terrance got a cut of that?

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » June 25th, 2020, 10:21 pm

Anthony18 wrote:
June 25th, 2020, 9:25 pm
AJLe wrote:

I’ve seen his auction videos and he does good business. He sold an Eddie Guerrero plaque for over $1,000.

Legends of the ring brought in someone to big event I really wanted to meet and even though I don’t like Terrance Brennan I do like James Soubasis. Was I wrong to go for that even though Terrance got a cut of that?
No universal right or wrong. I respect those who selectively support, though I personally pay any vendor who has a guest I need. To each their own.

Anthony18
Marked Out Pro

Post by Anthony18 » June 26th, 2020, 5:29 pm

I remember when I would send stuff to Greg to sign for his conventions, it would take forever to get it back and he'd get mad when i would contact him.