Feinstein COULD BE Selling Fakes Again?

Discuss general topics dealing with the hobby.
Luke
Marked Out King

Feinstein COULD BE Selling Fakes Again?

Post by Luke » May 19th, 2020, 10:53 pm

Have noticed our old mate Rob Feinstein selling a number of deceased wrestlers autographs over the past few weeks that he's somehow had for years. Included are 7 Randy Savage autographs (That he sold for 150 dollars a piece), the infamous Rowdy Roddy Piper prints that elicited a huge discussion here a few years back are now signed and up for sale (I guess he assumes the heat has died down on them?), Blackjack Mulligan (Seems more realistic he might have one laying around), Eddie Gilbert, Davey Boy Smith, Mike Awesome, Chris Candido, Owen Hart and even 5-6 signed photos of Chris Benoit. Not a bad haul of wrestling signatures to have just hanging around. People are buying them up like hotcakes despite the fact that Feinstein is a known "worker" (Putting it nicely)

Since this is kind of the premier pro wrestling autograph website and most of us are fans I ask to you all if any of the following are real:

Maybe I'm completely wrong and they're all legit but just seems too good to be true that he happens to stumble upon all of these great pieces during a pandemic where most people need money. Interested in the views of the board if they all are given the thumbs up by the group I'll gladly admit I am wrong.

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Re: Feinstein COULD BE Selling Fakes Again?

Post by AJLe » May 19th, 2020, 11:23 pm

Anybody who trusts ANY graphs coming from Feinstein deserves to get scammed out of their money.

I mean if he faked the Piper graphs (which he did), which were plentiful since Roddy did a bunch of cons, do you think he'd think twice about faking stuff like Owen and Macho which are very rare and as such, much more difficult to spot forgeries on? Feinstein's such a sketchy dude, I wouldn't pay a dollar for any of those even if I saw video tape of them each being signed.

Buying graphs from RF is the hobby equivalent of responding to one of those "Nigerian billionaire" emails.

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » May 20th, 2020, 2:11 am

Well he's got COA's on the Savage's. Also, is there even a market for Owen Hart or Benoit?
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

Luke
Marked Out King

Post by Luke » May 20th, 2020, 3:07 am

Greg2600 wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 2:11 am
Well he's got COA's on the Savage's. Also, is there even a market for Owen Hart or Benoit?
COA's can be incorrect as well though, all it is a third party opinion from an "expert".

Not sure if there is a market for Benoit but more good timing from Rob because Vice has just released Dark Side Of The Ring with Owen Hart which most wrestling fans do watch.

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » May 20th, 2020, 6:46 am

He supposedly got somebody to "authenticate" those fake Piper graphs too. If he can fool somebody on Piper, when there's a million legit graphs on the market to compare them to, he can certainly fool somebody on Savage, who's a much less common signer.

Once a dealer is proven to sell forgeries once, they lose all benefit of the doubt, and every graph (especially super rare ones) should be assumed to be fake too. He simply can't be trusted.

mrira
Marked Out Master

Post by mrira » May 20th, 2020, 7:53 am

Consider the Randy/George one is on a WCW promo, it’s possible it’s from that JAPW show. Not saying it’s real, but it’s plausible.

Silpheed
Learning To Mark Out

Post by Silpheed » May 20th, 2020, 2:09 pm

I bought an AJ Styles pop from them at a convention a while back. I’ll make sure to stay away from them in the future.

Selling fake graphs of deceased wrestlers is just ghoulish.

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » May 20th, 2020, 5:01 pm

All I'm saying is, if you're going to fake a graph, wouldn't you do it on "better items?" Those official WCW/WWF 8x10's were produced by the companies to be signed. The wrestlers signed mountains of them, many of which likely were stored away for years. Not too unbelievable for RF, who has countless contacts, to get a hold of.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » May 20th, 2020, 5:59 pm

The guy forged Piper graphs on distinctly looking artwork that the artist could (and did) call him out for forging. He's a scumbag, but he's not a very smart guy.

Once a forger, always a forger.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » May 21st, 2020, 1:58 am

There's a definite market for Owen, Benoit, etc, especially after Dark Side of the Ring. I sold an unsigned Owen plaque yesterday for $40 shipped and I sold a few Benoit MOC figs for $35-$45. Deceased wrestlers, especially those that passed prior to the convention boom are pretty valuable. As for better items, promos are typically popular, especially in cases like this. You don't really find the array of items we see today on guys who died 10-20 years ago. Fans weren't getting figures, belts, etc, signed in any large volume. And even though tons were signed, you still don't see many promos signed by Owen, Davey, Curt, etc, because I am sure 95% are in landfills somewhere. Again, different world back then.

In any case, RF had some damn near irrefutable cases with forging, and while he obviously has legit inventory based on his vending history, if he is mixing fakes in then it calls everything into question. The Piper stuff was pretty damning, and let's not act like certification really means anything. Forging is a skill and if someone is good at it, you could easily have good looking fakes that pass certification. Again, I have no clue what's real or fake, this is all just speculation.

Luke
Marked Out King

Post by Luke » May 23rd, 2020, 10:16 am

He has now got Bruiser Brody, Eddie Guerrero and Lou Thesz. Getting kind of gross at this point and I still have no idea how people believe he actually has all these rare autographs.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » May 23rd, 2020, 11:15 am

Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 11.14.07 AM.png

:deadd:

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » May 23rd, 2020, 11:23 am

Luke wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 10:16 am
He has now got Bruiser Brody, Eddie Guerrero and Lou Thesz. Getting kind of gross at this point and I still have no idea how people believe he actually has all these rare autographs.
I'd be a little skeptical if even a reputable dealer all of a sudden came up with all of these rare deceased names, especially during a pandemic when people would likely be more desperate to make quick sales.

Coming from somebody with RF's history, it's pretty much a certainty that many, (if not most, if not all), of these super rare names are fakes.

mrira
Marked Out Master

Post by mrira » May 23rd, 2020, 12:11 pm

I bought a Lou Thesz a few years ago from Steiner Sports for like $50, but they were reputable people. Don’t trust RSF on Brody; he’s been gone way to long, but Thesz & Eddie passed in this century so it’s a possibility.

luiginyc84
Marked Out Pro

Post by luiginyc84 » May 23rd, 2020, 11:29 pm

RF posted 123 Kid signed ring worn gear for sale and hes using MY picture with Waltman in his post. LOL

ImageImage
Last edited by luiginyc84 on May 24th, 2020, 12:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Photo Ops / Autographs Collection
https://www.flickr.com/photos/luiginyc84/albums