Most mundane celebrity encounters

Discuss general topics dealing with the hobby.
Luke
Marked Out King

Re: Most mundane celebrity encounters

Post by Luke » May 19th, 2020, 11:11 pm

Living in Australia it's mainly athletes to be honest. I was on the train coming back from work and recognised a relatively well known rugby player sitting opposite me sleeping. I was at work going to the post office and bumped into a current rugby star who was injured at the time and posting his mail. Got a selfie with him which he was happy to do as long as it was quick. Both guys I saw play for my girlfriends team and not my team though so it was kind of a bummer.

Silpheed
Learning To Mark Out

Post by Silpheed » May 20th, 2020, 2:16 pm

I was leaving Orlando after a Universal studios trip and was waiting on a line for my airline ticket. Standing next to me was Tammaso Ciampa. He even had NXT tags on his luggage. I whispered to my girlfriend about it, as we recently attended an NXT Brooklyn Takeover. I was psyched, but decided to leave him alone.

When I was at Disney I randomly passed by WWE wrestler Carlito.

I was invited to an early preview of Shaun of the Dead. The entire cast was there, including Simon Pegg, but at the time, I had never seen him in anything before. Jimmy Fallon happened to be sitting in front of me.

luiginyc84
Marked Out Pro

Post by luiginyc84 » May 20th, 2020, 2:42 pm

In 2014 my father and I were on the same flight as Actress Connie Britton who was in the show Nashville at the time. Funny coincidence was the flight was from NYC to Nashville as my father and I were going there for the Cowboys/Titans game that weekend. Noticed her at the gate. She was in the last row of first class and we were in the first row of coach diagonal across from her. I was tempted to ask her for a picture when he got off the flight in Nashville. Nobody was bothering her and the airport was dead. What stopped me was she was with a young child and I would have felt weird bothering her.

I forget what year exactly but it was on a Tuesday morning that I was having breakfast with friends at the Buccaneer Diner in Queens, NY. After we were done, we were paying at the register which is right next to the entrance and in walked Carlito and Daivari. We just said "whats up" to them before they were seated at a table. Raw was at either MSG or Nassau Coliseum the night before and they were on their way to LaGuardia Airport which is minutes away. Wrestlers stopped in that diner alot on their way to the airport after local shows. I actually saw Ken Shamrock sitting down eating back in 1998 when WWF was in the area.
My Photo Ops / Autographs Collection
https://www.flickr.com/photos/luiginyc84/albums