Most mundane celebrity encounters

Discuss general topics dealing with the hobby.
ICW
Marked Out Master

Most mundane celebrity encounters

Post by ICW » May 15th, 2020, 11:45 am

This question is inspired by this viral tweet:
https://twitter.com/MavenofHonor/status ... 2395685889

What are your most mundane celebrity encounters? I have a few:

-Walked by a restaurant in NYC and spotted Matt Dillon at a table, stroking a woman's hair
-MINUTES later, I literally ran into Stacy London (E's What Not To Wear)
-I randomly bumped into former Yankee Chien-Ming Wang at the old Barnes and Noble in Edgewater, NJ
-I pissed next to Chris Rock at the Barnes and Noble in Hackensack
-Spotted Rex Ryan cutting through B&N in Hackensack
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

mrira
Marked Out Master

Re: Most mundane celebrity encounters

Post by mrira » May 15th, 2020, 11:57 am

I ran into R. Marcos Taylor (who played Suge Knight in Straight Outta Compton) at my families favorite Italian place.

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » May 15th, 2020, 1:46 pm

-When I was driving back from No Mercy 2003, I stopped at a Wendy's on 295, and both Eddie and Chavo Guerrero were there.
-At Weekend of Horrors 2010, I was in line for Heather Langenkamp, and I bump into F13 P3 star Larry Zerner, who wasn't booked on the show, but his law practice was repping somebody there.
-At SummerSlam 2005, I was at a Chinese restaurant near the venue, and Jerry Lawler walked in
-At the most recent New Orleans Mania, I went to a famous local chicken place, and was seated next to Mark Henry.

crossfire
Marked Out Pro

Post by crossfire » May 16th, 2020, 7:53 am

Pissed next to Stephen Amell at wizard world in Philadelphia years ago. I had no idea who he was at the time. But a security guard was in the bathroom so figured he was somebody. He said “how yah doing buddy?” lol nice guy.

A friend of mine was insanely jealous as she has a huge crush on him. Asked if I peeked. No lol.

yosemitechris
Marked Out King

Post by yosemitechris » May 16th, 2020, 1:21 pm

first ,was using the bathroom and in walks brent spiner (star treks mr. data), just walked up said "having a good time this weekend "and took a piss.

saw maria & mike kanellis at a subway during mania week, she order the food and he ran to the rest room.

after a star trek con, was sitting at a bus stop waiting for the amtrak bus and jonathan frakes ( riker) , just came out of no where and walked right passed me smile and sad good morning.

best one, this one was very cool, but super wierd

i'm at a urinal and in walk lorenzo lamas (renegade & falcon crest) were both pissing not saying anything, when a guy in a full stromtrooper outfit comes walking in behide us. at the same time we look over our shoulder and he says " i always wonder how the pissed in those things" ! we both busted up laughing as the guy take off the cock piece of the suit.

mrira
Marked Out Master

Post by mrira » May 16th, 2020, 6:00 pm

I I was in Chicago for Wizard World & I stayed at the hotel where the talent stayed. A few hours before the show I was in the hotel lobby & getting on the elevator; I was going up to my floor when Michael Rooker got on & these women on the elevator with me started freaking out. When I was on the shuttle to head to the airport I saw Jason David Franks. At the airport I saw Paige, who was heading to NYC for Summerslam.

oldschoolwwwf
Marked Out Master

Post by oldschoolwwwf » May 16th, 2020, 10:50 pm

Did any of you approach anyone for a selfie? Knobs you especially this is your wheelhouse.

mrira
Marked Out Master

Post by mrira » May 17th, 2020, 8:10 am

oldschoolwwwf wrote:
May 16th, 2020, 10:50 pm
Did any of you approach anyone for a selfie? Knobs you especially this is your wheelhouse.
The one above I did since everyone else did. The first one I posted I didn’t since I didn’t know who he was until after. I would never ask for a photo in the bathroom.

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » May 17th, 2020, 10:04 am

oldschoolwwwf wrote:
May 16th, 2020, 10:50 pm
I approached Wang after he left the store and he happily took a selfie with me. This was back in 2009, way before I was into this hobby, and the selfie is awful lol.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » May 17th, 2020, 10:37 am

Some other mundane encounters:

- I passed by Andrew Rannells (across from Chelsea Market) and Alex Karpovsky (near Penn Station) of HBO's Girls.

- I was walking to the subway and spotted Ceelo Green leaving a building. Someone asked him for a selfie and he obliged before getting into an SUV.

- I spotted Valerie Bertinelli walking into Chelsea Market. I believe she used to have a show on the Food Network.

- I spotted Sandra Bernhard storming out of the back entrance of Chelsea Market with a few bags in hand.

- I spotted Sara Gilbert as we both crossed the street. I thought about doubling back and getting a selfie with her but lost track

- This is REALLY random: I saw Mason Reese outside of Chelsea Market, zipping past people in his scooter

- I went to the corner with a couple of colleagues to enter a Raid in Pokemon Go. Out of nowhere, Opie of Opie and Anthony fame walked passed us with a microphone in hand. I believe he was recording a podcast.

- This is REALLY REALLY random and obscure: I walked by Frank from Real World: Las Vegas. He was dressed in a power suit and seems to be a legitimate businessman.

- Speaking of obscure, random MTV reality tv stars: I saw Evan from the Challenge at the Danbury Mall in Connecticut. I did a quick google search and he's involved with one of the mall's major realtors.

- Shit, this just came to me! I also saw Kenny from the Challenge, near the old CPK at the Garden State Plaza

- I spotted Anderson Cooper outside of the Apple Store, waiting for it to open

- I saw Sal the Stockbroker on the subway and had a super embarrassing encounter with him. He looked incredibly ill and, as my friend and I were leaving the subway, I said, "Feel better, Sal." He looked at me and I could tell he was trying to figure out if he knew me or not. He then gave me a very confused "Thanks..." My friend still laughs at me over that encounter.

- Sat across from High Pitch Mike, former Howard 100 News staffer, on the subway. I kept my mouth shut that time.

- Back in 2014, I had a job interview w/NBC Universal. I finish up the interview, leave 30 Rock, and I walked a few blocks up. I'm at a corner waiting for the light to turn green when I spot an SUV comes to a sudden stop. Out of nowhere, a bunch of Asian kids ran up to the passenger side of the SUV. The window rolls down and it's Matt fucking Damon. He hurriedly signs a few things and the SUV fucking books it as soon as the light turned green

- I saw Billy Mitchell, infamous Pacman cheater, in a NJ mall

- I once saw the rapper Fabulous shopping at the Garden State Plaza

- This is kinda funny: I spotted a former ECW alumnus at an indoor waterpark. I don't want to give away too many details because he goes there quite a bit.

- I helped John Sterling on two different occasions when I worked in retail

- I saw Gloria Allred across the street from PABT. She was lugging around a suitcase.

- I used to intern for Inside Edition (one of the worst experiences ever). I did see Dr. Phil, Debbie Reynolds, and Paul Anka in the office, though.

- I was an audience page for Who Wants to Be a Millionaire. I'd see Terry Crews (the host) every time we filmed. We also had Celebrity week, where I spotted Jerry Springer on set. We also had Ken Jennings, who was a gigantic jerk.

- I saw Doc Gooden at the old Pathmark in Edgewater, NJ (it's no longer there)

I'm sure there's a few more that I can't recall of the top of my head

mrira
Marked Out Master

Post by mrira » May 17th, 2020, 3:56 pm

I’ve run into Curt Hawkins at several stores in my neighborhood. Road the LIRR into Manhattan with former ROH champ Xavier. I wish I remembered this guys name, but I ran into an old time football player at a Walmart in Maryland. He said he played against Johnny Unitas & had a Super Bowl ring.

luiginyc84
Marked Out Pro

Post by luiginyc84 » May 18th, 2020, 7:02 pm

Two that come to mind right away are wrestling.

Sometime in the mid 90s I was with my parents coming home on vacation. For some reason we had a connecting flight in Nashville on the way back to LaGuardia Airport in NYC. While waiting at the gate I saw Jerry Lawler walk past our gate and pickup a newspaper or magazine at one of the kiosks.

The other was after a Raw at the Meadowlands. Either late 90s or early 2000s. On the way home my cousin and I stopped at a rest stop to get some food and on the way in Val Venis passed us as he was exiting to go back to the parking lot.
My Photo Ops / Autographs Collection
https://www.flickr.com/photos/luiginyc84/albums

oldschoolwwwf
Marked Out Master

Post by oldschoolwwwf » May 18th, 2020, 8:18 pm

I was with my son when he was an infant and we saw what I think was Ben from Lost walking his dog on the streets on NYC.

When I was a kid, me and my family were staying at a hotel in Reno on vacation and at the pool saw Lyle Alzado (football player) and Wayne Northrup (actor). They might have been there for some celebrity thing but I was too young to have any clue what it was about.

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » May 18th, 2020, 9:32 pm

Another one that came to mind:

I went to a show (I think a Smackdown?) at the Prudential Center. Before the show, a group of my friends and I went to the bar across the arena and we sat on a bench against a window. I look out the window and see Harvey Wippleman walk right by us. I made a face and he actually walked back, waved to us, and continued on

Anthony18
Marked Out Pro

Post by Anthony18 » May 19th, 2020, 2:01 pm

Kevin Costner was sitting not too far from my friend and I at a Yankee game. I got the tickets for free at work.