Roman Reigns off WrestleMania 36, more changes coming

ICW
Marked Out Master

Roman Reigns off WrestleMania 36, more changes coming

Post by ICW » March 26th, 2020, 10:21 pm

In this week's Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer reported that the WrestleMania 36 card is undergoing changes due to concerns over the coronavirus pandemic.

Now, one of the major players in this year's card is reportedly pulling off the show.

Citing sources with knowledge of the situation, Pro Wrestling Sheet's Ryan Satin reported Thursday that Roman Reigns will not wrestle WWE Universal Champion Bill Goldberg due to health concerns regarding his immune system being compromised from his bouts with leukemia.

Satin said Goldberg will still be on the show, but his opponent is unclear.

From Meltzer: "The WrestleMania card has also changed. Names are being kept confidential because so few know, but it’s been confirmed that multiple people on the card either said they were sick, which meant instantly being pulled off all shows this week, there were others who did not feel sick but had fevers above 100.4, which was the WWE’s cut-off point of not allowing people to work, and others who, on their own, said they didn’t feel comfortable flying in. Both AEW and WWE had told people that if they don’t want to come, they don’t have to come and that the decisions made now won’t be held against them when it comes to future booking."

As of this writing, Meltzer has not confirmed Reigns is off WrestleMania. The 34-year-old took an indefinite hiatus in October 2018 after his form of leukemia returned after 11 years and returned to WWE in late-February of 2019.

The WrestleMania show was scheduled to be filmed Wednesday and Thursday at the Orlando, FL-based Performance Center for air on Saturday, April 4th and Sunday, April 5th due to the ongoing uncertainty due to the worldwide pandemic.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: Roman Reigns off WrestleMania 36, more changes coming

Post by WOODMO » March 27th, 2020, 6:26 pm

Insane circumstances aside, they royally fucked this up. The live shows decision was bad, they shouldve started taping from day 1, and Mania could've been long in the can and ready to go. They lost valuable time thinking any of this was sustainable.

Jason1980s
Marked Out Pro

Post by Jason1980s » March 27th, 2020, 7:48 pm

I'm sure this means no more reunion invites for Afa, Sika or Fatu since Vince has the mentality of a 5 year old when it comes to holding grudges. WWE Shop is selling "I wasn't There" wrestlemania shirts. I'm not for big government but the I think the gov should definitely intervene and stop sale of that item. What a sick person that Vince is trying to profit off of this. It makes me so upset having grown up with the mild mannered commentator to see his real self come out since 1997. The man is close to 80 years old and acts like someone still in grade school. I think of Michael Jackson when I think of Vince McMahon. Both guys cite having a poor childhood and both seemed to have used it to excuse however they behave.
Book WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Valiant for your event!!
PM me!

http://www.jimmyvaliant.weebly.com/

Meet WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Valiant ANY Sunday 12 noon to 4 PM at Boogie's Wrestling Camp located at
2916 Alleghany Springs Road in Shawsville Virginia. Free of charge!

"I'll never forget what the WWE took away from me. I also want to say I'll never forget all the great things they gave to me"-Bret Hart

mrira
Marked Out Master

Post by mrira » March 27th, 2020, 8:58 pm

Not sure why the government would intervene in Vince selling these shirts? People are seeing them before they buy, I can’t see an issue. I hate that Vince decided to keep Wrestlemania on April 5, but he’s the boss, so it’s his call. On the bright side, chances are Summerslam will probably see all the granger that Wrestlemania would have.

Jason1980s
Marked Out Pro

Post by Jason1980s » March 28th, 2020, 9:08 am

mrira wrote:
March 27th, 2020, 8:58 pm
Not sure why the government would intervene in Vince selling these shirts? People are seeing them before they buy, I can’t see an issue. I hate that Vince decided to keep Wrestlemania on April 5, but he’s the boss, so it’s his call. On the bright side, chances are Summerslam will probably see all the granger that Wrestlemania would have.
I probably spoke too soon and in anger in my original post but the shirt just screams of Vince's pettiness. Making a shirt that reads "I Wasn't There" for a fan to wear just seems like a child who didn't get his way.
If I were a fan I'd be embarrassed to wear a shirt like that and if I had tickets to the show I'd be pissed at the mockery of the situation.
Book WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Valiant for your event!!
PM me!

http://www.jimmyvaliant.weebly.com/

Meet WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Valiant ANY Sunday 12 noon to 4 PM at Boogie's Wrestling Camp located at
2916 Alleghany Springs Road in Shawsville Virginia. Free of charge!

"I'll never forget what the WWE took away from me. I also want to say I'll never forget all the great things they gave to me"-Bret Hart

mrira
Marked Out Master

Post by mrira » March 28th, 2020, 9:37 am

Jason1980s wrote:
March 28th, 2020, 9:08 am
mrira wrote:
March 27th, 2020, 8:58 pm
I probably spoke too soon and in anger in my original post but the shirt just screams of Vince's pettiness. Making a shirt that reads "I Wasn't There" for a fan to wear just seems like a child who didn't get his way.
If I were a fan I'd be embarrassed to wear a shirt like that and if I had tickets to the show I'd be pissed at the mockery of the situation.
That I can certainly agree with.

oldschoolwwwf
Marked Out Master

Post by oldschoolwwwf » March 29th, 2020, 12:21 pm

I see nothing wrong with the shirt. Every year they sell them for mania and they say I was there. This year, they can’t sell those so they sell I wasnt there, it’s simply marketing.

They should have filmed earlier but this isn’t all on Vince. For money reasons, he couldn’t cancel mania before Tampa did. Blame Tampa for taking so long, they should have cancelled it long before they did.

And props to Roman for choosing his health first. Doubt there are repercussions for him but even if they are, he made enough money to not be affected either way.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » March 29th, 2020, 1:00 pm

This might give Braun his title win, finally. Goldberg's deal is likely for x amount of dates, and they clearly expected him to drop it to Roman. Braun might have to pick it up just to transition it to someone new without giving Goldberg extra $$$

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » March 29th, 2020, 1:33 pm

I wonder if they're going to sell the WrestleMania program. I'm guessing not but I'd buy one if they made 'em
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!

mrira
Marked Out Master

Post by mrira » March 29th, 2020, 2:09 pm

ICW wrote:
March 29th, 2020, 1:33 pm
I wonder if they're going to sell the WrestleMania program. I'm guessing not but I'd buy one if they made 'em
I'd think not, the card is so up in the air right now, I doubt they'd have time.

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » March 29th, 2020, 2:29 pm

Total guess, but since they don't have to worry about getting them done in time to sell at the venue, I would think they would wait and sell souvenir programs sometime AFTER the card is over and done with, to try to recoup some money.

Gumby
Marked Out Pro

Post by Gumby » Yesterday, 1:30 am

It's already produced one of the greatest WrestleMania moments.....

Jim Cornette: If there was a zombie apocalypse and the infected were climbing the arena walls to get in, Vince McMahon would *still* hold WrestleMania.

Woke Fans: How dare you! They're socially responsible humanitarians, they'll cancel! Argle Bargle OUTRAGE!!!

[A day later, Vince announces WrestleMania is now 2 nights and multiple locations.]

Freakin' HILARIOUS!

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » Yesterday, 1:59 pm

The buffoon Governor of Florida finally issued a statewide lockdown. I'm guessing that's it for WWE Orlando-based taping?
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) announced on Wednesday that he will sign an executive order requiring the state's residents to limit their movement outside of their homes in an effort to stop the spread of the coronavirus.

"I'm going to be doing an executive order today directing all Floridians to limit movements and all personal interactions outside the home to only those necessary to obtain or provide essential services or conduct essential activities," DeSantis said at a press briefing.

The order will take effect Thursday and will remain in place for 30 days.
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... -movements
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » Yesterday, 8:00 pm

I thought I saw some speculation that WWE is going to stop taping until May but don't know if that's the case