March is Madness: Get a Shorty Diamond for Strangers

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Greg2600

March is Madness: Get a Shorty Diamond for Strangers

Post by Greg2600 » March 24th, 2020, 12:08 am

There was an event for A Quiet Pace Part II, which I went to check out. The way in wound up being a full waste, as the major stars were either inside all day or snuck in. I was shocked to see Sam Lerner though from The Goldbergs, but couldn’t remember his name so I shouted at him “SCHWARTZ SCHWARTZ” which is his character’s name ha ha.

Lerner

After that, I went way downtown for Stranger Things actress Maya Hawke. I should’ve snuck in, because she apparently wound up doing a meet and greet. By the time I was told about that, she wasn’t there. Now I had to wait quite awhile for her to leave the building. I did spot actor Kevin Corrigan exiting and got a photo with him. While waiting and waiting, another show there had character actor Thomas Kopache in the cast. He played Kira’s father on Star Trek DS9, so I got a photo as he left as well. Finally, the whole band left and I got the selfie with Maya. From there, I got word about where the main actor from Quiet Place I needed, Djimon Hounsou, was going to be. I got there and waited not too long. He pulled up and quietly (no pun) took care of the six of us. Co-star Cillian Murphy arrived and signed but declared he doesn’t take photos.

Corrigan

Kopache

Hawke

Hounsou

While I was out that night, I heard that director Barry Sonnenfeld (Addams Family, Men in Black, Get Shorty) did a book signing after a talk with Jerry Seinfeld. I couldn’t divert myself there, so the next evening I went over to the Alamo Drafthouse in Brooklyn for him. The website stated that Barry would sign his memoir, “Barry Call Your Mother” before and after the movie. However, when I arrived I was told he was only signing after. Wonderful. I wanted no part of the food they served there, so I went around the block to the famous Junior’s and ate. I got back to the movie late, but they let me in. Barry was supposed to give live commentary but he kept it at a minimum as to not ruin the film. It was enjoyable and funny though. He breezed through the signing but was very affable, and I got an 8x10 signed too.

Barry

The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: March is Madness: Get a Shorty Diamond for Strangers

Post by WOODMO » March 28th, 2020, 9:47 pm

Hawke is a good one to get now, I think she will last a while. Great stuff!!