Marked Out Pro

Tampa Bay Comic Con - July 10-12, 2020 - Tampa, FL

Post by MrTonyRuben » March 7th, 2020, 10:29 am

Tampa Bay Comic Con

July 10-12, 2020

Tampa Convention Center
333 S. Franklin St
Tampa, FL 33602

Featuring Guests... Paul Bettany, Tom Felton, Kel Mitchell, Walter Jones, Jeremy Ray Taylor, Charlet Chung, Greg Cipes, Barbara Dunkleman & more TBA

mrira
Marked Out Master

Re: Tampa Bay Comic Con - July 10-12, 2020 - Tampa, FL

Post by mrira » May 19th, 2020, 8:29 pm

Tampa Bay Comic Convention 2020 lives on! That’s right—the July 10-12, 2020, Tampa Bay Comic Convention has been green lit to proceed.

After nearly two months of agonizing uncertainty, we have received confirmation from the Tampa Convention Center and Tampa Fire Marshal that TBCC 2020 will move forward with numerous health measures enacted by the venue and various levels of government, to keep attendees, exhibitors, guests, and staff as safe as possible. Below you’ll find some of the measures that will be enacted:

1) Temperature screenings will be mandatory for all occupants prior to entering Tampa Convention Center. Those exhibiting temperatures above a certain level will not be allowed entry into the convention.

2) Tampa Convention Center has increased cleaning and disinfection procedures in high-traffic areas such as elevators and escalators, handrails, benches, tables, handles, restrooms and more.

3) Hand sanitizing stations shall be set through the pre-function space and high traffic areas at entrance points.

4) Interior occupancy of the exhibit hall, ballrooms, and meeting rooms shall be strictly limited, with one-way ingress and one-way egress of all interior spaces.

We’ve been waiting in limbo, not knowing and not having answers for quite a while. Now, we can resume guest announcements, along with exhibitor/artist alley invoicing, and guest bookings.

We're looking forward to another nerdy weekend at Tampa Bay Comic Convention, in less than two months!

16times
Marked Out King

Post by 16times » May 20th, 2020, 1:59 pm

Interesting...

I applaud them for trying to make it work, but what happens if you've pre-purchased your ticket and photo ops and the temperature person won't let you in ?

Ditto for trying to get to a pre-purchased event (photo op, sig) and they say the room is maxed out.

Seems like they're also going to have to make some changes on the refund policy.

I'll be curious to read some reports from this one.
"Every time you score a photo op, an angel gets his wings!"

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » May 20th, 2020, 5:02 pm

There's no chance Paul Bettany shows for this. Florida is largely fully open...
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » May 21st, 2020, 2:01 am

I am sure Scott Baio will see nothing wrong with taking a booking like this....

capman
Marked Out King

Post by capman » May 21st, 2020, 1:58 pm

Oh I would love to see how pro ops happen because, I don't know about the rest of u, but IF i would ever go for a picture down the line, I would never, ever take one where they or I are wearing a face covering ( Mankind excluded here). i understand of us protecting each other, but that is just something I would not want a picture of, ever.

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » May 21st, 2020, 2:33 pm

capman wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 1:58 pm
Oh I would love to see how pro ops happen because, I don't know about the rest of u, but IF i would ever go for a picture down the line, I would never, ever take one where they or I are wearing a face covering ( Mankind excluded here). i understand of us protecting each other, but that is just something I would not want a picture of, ever.
A graphing friend of mine and I were chatting about this yesterday. We agreed, if they have a mask, why have them travel at all? Just do send-ins.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com