Stephen Lynch

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Bozarth
Full Fledged Mark

Stephen Lynch

Post by Bozarth » February 9th, 2020, 11:00 am

I've been a huge fan of Stephen's since high school, and last night was my 5th time seeing him live. the first was in 2007 in Camden for Opie & Anthony's Traveling Virus. I miss those days.

He just released a new album a few months ago, and still managed to play 4 songs even newer than those! My only complaint was his desire to go into politics once in a while. His show, his call... But, damn. We go to these events to escape it for 2 hours. Other than that, it was a great show.

The venue has a history of not letting in bags or my camera, so I had to settle on using my cellphone for photos. The bag situation meant I had to take the pickguard off of that stupid toy guitar that I've been getting comedians to sign. Piece of cake, though.

After the show, I waited for maybe a half hour max. Rod Cone, who is Stephen's sidekick was more than happy to sign some stuff and take the photo. Stephen was talking to some people, and I stood back until he was done. He came over and was super cool.

I had met them 3 years ago at the Starland Ballroom due to social media. I had tweeted him that I somehow missed him meeting fans after the Philly show and hoped it could work out at the Starland. After the show, I turned my phone on and it said I had a Twitter notification. It was Stephen telling me to meet Rod at the stage door. While hauling ass around the perimeter of the venue, I ran into former (or did I see him come back) board member Andrew. I told him to follow me, and I brought him backstage with me.

Anyway.

Rod signed my ticket from October 2018 in Bethlehem and Stephen's 'Hello Kalamazoo'. Stephen signed those, in addition to the pickguard I brought.

Great night!

Greg2600

Re: Stephen Lynch

Post by Greg2600 » February 9th, 2020, 8:03 pm

Great report, he's one of my favorites from back in the day. His song were hilarious, though sometimes quite insane. He was one of those acts who for some reason kind of vanished from the O&A show, particularly when they returned via XM Radio. I kinda stopped following him at that point though.

I saw Stephen once co-billed with Bill Burr, back when they were in full O&A mode, so was I. It was at Town Hall in NYC, and had to check, 2003! LOL'd and went home. I meant to go for him in one of his stops the last few years but I always forget.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

Bozarth
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Bozarth » February 9th, 2020, 8:22 pm

Greg2600 wrote:
February 9th, 2020, 8:03 pm
Great report, he's one of my favorites from back in the day. His song were hilarious, though sometimes quite insane. He was one of those acts who for some reason kind of vanished from the O&A show, particularly when they returned via XM Radio. I kinda stopped following him at that point though.

I saw Stephen once co-billed with Bill Burr, back when they were in full O&A mode, so was I. It was at Town Hall in NYC, and had to check, 2003! LOL'd and went home. I meant to go for him in one of his stops the last few years but I always forget.
His 'Lion' album from a few years ago is spectacular. His most recent one is so-so. It has a few good tracks, though. The 4 brand spankin' new ones he did last night were a real return to form.

latinoheat578
Full Fledged Mark

Post by latinoheat578 » February 9th, 2020, 10:12 pm

Haha no Craig Christ ?!

Great Report.. love Stephen..

Agreed new album isn’t the usual.. but I LOVE Summer Song

Bozarth
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Bozarth » February 9th, 2020, 10:30 pm

latinoheat578 wrote:
February 9th, 2020, 10:12 pm
Haha no Craig Christ ?!

Great Report.. love Stephen..

Agreed new album isn’t the usual.. but I LOVE Summer Song
Oh yeah, that's probably the best track on the album!

Joresky

Post by Joresky » February 10th, 2020, 10:47 am

Awesome stuff!! I met him years ago.. nice guy