An Outsider gets a Supremely Early Christmas in Jersey

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Greg2600

An Outsider gets a Supremely Early Christmas in Jersey

Post by Greg2600 » November 28th, 2019, 1:24 am

The day after RICC, there was the book signing with former teen idol and star of The Outsiders, Leif Garrett, at Books and Greetings in Northvale, NJ. I had softball games in the morning, and finished up in time so I drove up there. Got the book, and got in what seemed like a short line. Leif was super cool and fan friendly, so he took a while. Sold the book on Ebay to some guy in the Netherlands right away.

Leif

Staying with the Sunday in Jersey theme, 7 days later I attended the well-documented first ever Christmas Con in Edison. After the initial reports, I was a tad concerned about being stuck there for hours and hours. However, when I saw most of the photos of the layout, I wasn’t as worried. Namely, the floorplan looked much smaller. In any event, I got there about half an hour early, and found a few friends already in line so I jumped in with them. Immediately I went right to Lacey Chabert’s line. Unfortunately, the con wound up delaying ALL celebrity signing until I guess they all arrived. By delay, I mean almost 45 minutes which frankly, was stupid. Then they marched them into the center in front of the big tree. The celebs were then surrounded by fans in a big madhouse.

Well whatever, but at least I was in decent shape in her line. Got through in about 30 minutes, and paid for the table op. I went up and said “Hello Claudia,” her character in Party of Five, and got a laugh out of her. Took a few pics, and away I went. What was annoying was literally 5 minutes before I got to Lacey, her Mean Girls co-star Jonathan Bennett had 3 people in his line. In that brief five minutes, for some reason, 3 had become two dozen! His line took about twenty minutes, and I was fortunate that he got through it before his pro ops. Nice guy, requested I tag him on social media, which of course, I won’t, ha ha.

Lacey

Bennett

Jack Wagner, former star of Melrose Place, had a small line, so I got through it pretty quick. I complimented his hair, which remarkably has remained the same for 25 years, LOL. At this point, it’s about quarter to noon, and I only need one more, Jackée Harry from 227 and Ladybugs. Well, she wasn’t there yet. Each time we asked, the ETA would get later and later! She finally arrived TWO hours later, which was very annoying, as I would have been home for an hour by then. I did ask her about working with Rodney, and she joked “I shoulda married him!”

Wagner

Jackée

Christmas Con

One Sunday later, I hit up my local Barnes & Noble of Clifton, NJ, for former member of The Supremes, Mary Wilson. The store doesn’t get many celebrity signings. In two decades since it opened, they’ve probably had a dozen or so major ones, and I’ve been to half of them. I brought my mom along since it was close and should be quick. The book was BIG and a bit pricey, but there were barely a dozen people who attended. Mary was a few minutes late, but they started right away. She was very sweet, and signed anything people brought along. That book flew off my eBay listing pretty quickly as well.

Mary

The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: An Outsider gets a Supremely Early Christmas in Jersey

Post by WOODMO » November 28th, 2019, 10:46 am

Great stuff! I’ve always had luck selling books so I’m not surprised these flew.

Christmas con seemed pretty easy. Impressed you stayed for Jackee, though I may have done the same. She was on my list had I been able to go.

ICW
Marked Out Master

Re: An Outsider gets a Supremely Early Christmas in Jersey

Post by ICW » November 28th, 2019, 11:37 am

Awesome stuff, man!
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/