Ringside Fest 2019...Possibly best replacement guest ever

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
oldschoolwwwf
Marked Out Master

Ringside Fest 2019...Possibly best replacement guest ever

Post by oldschoolwwwf » November 4th, 2019, 2:18 pm

Ringside Fest 2019

These tickets went on sale a little while ago and the show was a pass. My son loves the women wrestlers, but especially Sasha Banks (who we met at WM Axxess in April). The other names were nice but since he had already met Sasha, it wasn’t worth the effort for Ringside Fest. I haven't been to a RSF in years (last one maybe Miz and Kane) and Caroline's always was good for putting a ton of wait time. Plus he didn’t know Sasha was going to be there. He goes to a circus class and I’ll play a game with him, asking him would you miss circus class for... Sasha? For Charlotte? Etc. Sasha is always the one name he would skip circus for. Didn’t matter in this case anyway as this show wasn’t a conflict for his class anyway but it shows how much he loves her.

Anyway, once Jeff Hardy bailed, and they added Alexa (who he loves) and Nikki, since they were all in the morning, I decided to get him combos with each and hit this one. He was really excited.

Then, last minute Alexa bailed , which he took better then I expected. We were still good to go for the morning only. And they were refunding $ 50 for the combo, as well as full price for extras (which we had one). Plus a free signed 8x10 of Alexa so I was good with that. Then, the day before, they shocked me by adding Becky Lynch, arguably the top name, especially women’s, in the company to replace Alexa. And you were able to use whatever Alexa tickets you had for Becky. Which was awesome and really excited my son, as this would only leave Charlotte for him to need to meet as far as the top names go.

We drove in with Lanza, free parking on the street, on line before 9 and finished up before 11 with the morning session. Not so bad waiting inside at a table with a seat. Sasha was really nice to him, stood up without him asking, and told him she remembered him from Axxess (which was nice of her to say). He was thrilled. Nikki was morning too and even though I do these for him, I jumped in for whatever photos he got with people that I hadn’t yet met. Worked out well as for all the names (other then Sasha who I didn’t try), they were happy to take a pic of both of us, and then a pic of just my son with them. I posted the cropped pics below.

Afternoon session, Becky was really nice to him and he got a great pic and two autographs. Rollins had sold out or I would have bought a combo for him (we hadn’t planned to be there in the afternoon). I bought him a Ricochet combo, as he is a big fan of his. Ricochet very cool dude.

We were out of there by 2:30ish. Long day waiting around but it could have been worse and watching my son light up when Becky entered the room, and his interaction with Sasha, made it all totally worth it. Plus the add of Becky was tremendous. She is one name I would go to effort for him to meet and no meet and greet she does will either be cheaper or cost me less in terms of time for him to meet her. So it was pretty awesome.

Only familiar faces we saw was Mr. And Mrs. Knobler, who not only was I shocked to see him there but it looked like they were also both VIPS! Quick turnaround for Knobs!

Hopefully Charlotte Flair next year for him, or I’d imagine we stay home.
IMG_E8885.JPG
IMG_E8895.JPG
IMG_E8905.JPG
IMG_8910.JPEG
IMG_8909.JPEG

mrira
Marked Out Master

Re: Ringside Fest 2019...Possibly best replacement guest ever

Post by mrira » November 4th, 2019, 4:01 pm

Nice seeing you guys as well.

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » November 4th, 2019, 9:48 pm

Glad it worked out for you and the kiddo!
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » November 4th, 2019, 10:13 pm

He really seems to love these events, that’s really cool. Who would’ve guessed you’d end up with a second wind hobby wise through him!!

oldschoolwwwf
Marked Out Master

Post by oldschoolwwwf » November 4th, 2019, 10:44 pm

It’s true. I didn’t start meeting wrestlers until I was 30 years old. I can only imagine if, when I was his age, I had the opportunity to meet the wrestlers I was watching on tv.

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » November 4th, 2019, 11:38 pm

oldschoolwwwf wrote:
November 4th, 2019, 10:44 pm
It’s true. I didn’t start meeting wrestlers until I was 30 years old. I can only imagine if, when I was his age, I had the opportunity to meet the wrestlers I was watching on tv.
You'd have been :lanza:
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

yosemitechris
Marked Out King

Post by yosemitechris » November 5th, 2019, 11:27 am

very nice report and some great photos!

latinoheat578
Full Fledged Mark

Post by latinoheat578 » November 5th, 2019, 11:56 am

Great report, Mike... and thank you for the assist as well.