Day 1 New York Comic Con

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Bud White
Marking Out Amateur

Day 1 New York Comic Con

Post by Bud White » October 4th, 2019, 6:16 pm

Ol Buddy took the over two hour train ride up to New CC for the first time. As I’ve stated on here before, the wife and I are Disney geeks. The initial lure was That Anika Noni Rose was going to be there. Along with Jodi Benson and Page O’Hara.

Anyways. ANR was canceled for Thursday about 3 weeks out. A real gut punch as she really doesn’t do cons. Anyway. Got to Manhattan after the train ride from Philly and headed right to Jodi Bensons line. Was really surprised when I got there. The con opened at 10. I made to her line about 1110 and it was already slammed. Can’t believe she doesn’t do more cons seeing the business she was doing. Anyway. What a sweetheart. Was taking her absolute time with everyone. I had my teaser poster from the Little Mermaid. Either the original or the re release. Also had my wife’s Toy Story 2 Barbie. We talked Disney World for a few minutes. She asked what I did for a living. Messed up the personalization on my wife’s name for the Barbie and insisted on fixing it. She must be a pro at this because she went right to a tissue and hand sanitizer to remove the paint pen lol. Great experience. Thanked her for being so friendly and she remarked “why be here if you don’t want to be here. I’ve heard of others who keep their head down and don’t even look up.”

Had to take that poster off the board and tape the Beauty and the Beast dvd release poster for Page O’Hara. By now it was about 1:20. I was last in line and they told me Page was closed for lunch and would return at 3pm. I explained to the attendant that my train was 3pm. She again, was as nice as pie and said “don’t worry. We’ll make it work.” Got to Page. Again, another doll. Asked if I wanted anything added besides her autograph and “Belle.” We talked about the Disney marathon and I asked if she would have a booth at the Epcot Arts Festival again. She got really excited and told me yes.

After that I had about a half hour to walk around. Idk guys. You’s are the experts. I thought it was overcrowded. Literally couldn’t move in the big rooms. I shot some phone video. The Pop line was capped. Even trying to maneuver around the comics and collectibles tables was too much. Anyway. With that, walked to Penn Station and the 2 plus hour ride back.

This hobby is becoming a chore, but it’s damn nice to see your finished products.

Have fun the rest of the weekend boys. Hopefully Anika does another con close.

ICW
Marked Out Master

Re: Day 1 New York Comic Con

Post by ICW » October 9th, 2019, 3:27 pm

Great stuff, man! I'm glad that Page was able to fix the autograph.

Walking around NYCC is a chore and it's not something I'm clamoring to do again.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

mrira
Marked Out Master

Post by mrira » October 9th, 2019, 3:43 pm

I went Thursday last year & felt like it wasn't so crowded. I guess Hiddleston & Rudd filled it up. Anyway, glad to hear you had an overall good experience.

wewantflair
Site Admin

Post by wewantflair » October 9th, 2019, 6:22 pm

Haha that was you! I was with you when the Page line was closed and they let me through.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » October 9th, 2019, 7:54 pm

Sounds like it was well worth the afternoon!

Bud White
Marking Out Amateur

Post by Bud White » October 12th, 2019, 2:42 pm

wewantflair wrote:
October 9th, 2019, 6:22 pm
Haha that was you! I was with you when the Page line was closed and they let me through.
No way!! What a small world! Glad you got your stuff done. I would have felt like a real heel. I did see that they took you. No way they were taking the chance you wouldn’t come back with that box you had lol.

Bud White
Marking Out Amateur

Post by Bud White » October 12th, 2019, 2:48 pm

WOODMO wrote:
October 9th, 2019, 7:54 pm
Sounds like it was well worth the afternoon!
For a Disney geek like me it really was.