SummerSlam Meet and Greet - August 9-11 (Toronto)

This is the place to discuss Conventions
Travis
Learning To Mark Out

SummerSlam Meet and Greet - August 9-11 (Toronto)

Post by Travis » July 12th, 2019, 11:53 am

WWE has announced a set of appearances for the SummerSlam Meet & Greet at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. Replacing SummerSlam Axxess, this new fan experience will run from Friday, August 9, through Sunday, August 11.

Full details here. I will be there. I've picked up GA passes for me and some of my kids for three of the four sessions.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/ ... am-656138/

ICW
Marked Out Master

Re: SummerSlam Meet and Greet - August 9-11 (Toronto)

Post by ICW » July 12th, 2019, 12:10 pm

I'm sort of glad that I don't to bother with the craziness this year.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

EastVillageSteve

Post by EastVillageSteve » July 12th, 2019, 12:19 pm

I'm doing the Bronze VIP for Asuka, Kairi Sane, and Paige. This sounds basically like Axxess, but without memorabilia displays and matches, right? Just photo ops and autographs, which is totally fine.

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » July 12th, 2019, 12:23 pm

EastVillageSteve wrote:
July 12th, 2019, 12:19 pm
I'm doing the Bronze VIP for Asuka, Kairi Sane, and Paige. This sounds basically like Axxess, but without memorabilia displays and matches, right? Just photo ops and autographs, which is totally fine.
Pretty much though the NYC signings usually had pieces of memorabilia. They even had the giant New Day Booty O's one year.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!

EastVillageSteve

Post by EastVillageSteve » July 12th, 2019, 1:18 pm

ICW wrote:
July 12th, 2019, 12:23 pm
EastVillageSteve wrote:
July 12th, 2019, 12:19 pm
Pretty much though the NYC signings usually had pieces of memorabilia. They even had the giant New Day Booty O's one year.
They brought that giant prop up to that mezzanine above the entryway at the Barclays Center?

Travis
Learning To Mark Out

Post by Travis » July 12th, 2019, 2:02 pm

What was the hassle in your experience, ICW? I've been to Axxess before with a GA and it was terrific! I love the excitement of not knowing who we will meet, but knowing it will be worth our time.

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » July 12th, 2019, 2:11 pm

The whole week can be tiring with all the free signings and extra events.

No issue with the paid signings (other than costs).

Travis
Learning To Mark Out

Post by Travis » July 12th, 2019, 2:24 pm

I can't wait! It's only three days for the meet-and-greet events this year, so seems really doable to me. I'll have to devote 12 hours to meeting and greeting during that time, but it will be fun! I am especially excited about the trip to Toronto because the Yankees are in town to play the Blue Jays that same weekend.

Travis
Learning To Mark Out

Post by Travis » July 12th, 2019, 2:48 pm

East Village Steve, that is exactly how I envision it - Axxess but without the matches and memorabilia. After being told that Axxess was canceled this summer, I am just happy for the opportunity for photos and autographs.