Purging the NJ Fan Fest of Nerds

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Greg2600

Purging the NJ Fan Fest of Nerds

Post by Greg2600 » July 10th, 2019, 9:03 pm

Fan Fest was pretty simple for me. Got it for next to nothing with the group on, there was no line. I saw a few people I know, and hung around waiting for Lanza to arrive to see who he may get. The lines weren’t too bad, but as usual, with pro ops and panels, most of the time was spent waiting for the guest to be there. At one point, Old Skool spotted me, and was nice enough to hand over the VIP he was done with, so pretty much all the lines were super fast. For the most part, this was a Walking Dead session for me, getting show newcomers Nadia Hilker, Cassady McClincy, Callan McAuliffe, Angel Theory and Cailey Fleming. “Completed” the Lintz family with the Henry dual op with Macsen and Matthew. The other name I got here was Juliana Harkavy from Arrow.

Nadia

Cassady

Callan

Angel

Cailey

Lintz Bros.

Juliana

I joined up with Mr. Lanza for some easy hits. One was a rare name, the “dean” from Revenge of the Nerds, David Wohl. I got him (tiny signature) on my poster, and we both got photos. Nice guy, talked about how he still hangs out with the director sometimes.

We then hopped in my car, and were greeted with a ton of traffic, despite only needing to go a dozen blocks. The next spot, featuring 10 Cloverfield’s Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Colin Woodell (Purge TV), had ended and probably they were leaving. Somehow I snuck through the traffic, went around a few blocks and pulled up. Both seemed to have just finished signing for a multitude of dealers, who must pester poor Mary every night. She was still nice enough to do photos for us, then as she tried to locate an Uber, signed my two photos. Colin had walked down the block, so we ran him down, and he was very nice.

I then drove us back up a bit and parked. We then walked to the Helen Hunt spot, which was a lot more crowded. I got her to sign an Oscar photo, while also getting Tracie Thoms on the Death Proof photo Mary signed. I’m not sure why I didn’t start that years ago when I met Zoe Bell. Lanza barely scored a selfie with Helen. We then slogged back through the humidity to my car, and drove home to NJ.

The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

Travis
Learning To Mark Out

Re: Purging the NJ Fan Fest of Nerds

Post by Travis » July 11th, 2019, 8:43 pm

Thanks for the report! Love to see this stuff and learn about events I've never been to yet.