Darryl Talley and Leonard Smith - Cheektowaga, NY

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Travis
Learning To Mark Out

Darryl Talley and Leonard Smith - Cheektowaga, NY

Post by Travis » July 5th, 2019, 3:48 pm

Had the opportunity to take my son, Miles, to meet two former members of the Buffalo Bills' glory years teams in June. They played on the defense. The event was held at Bases Loaded Collectibles in suburban Buffalo. Marv Levy was supposed to attend this event, but was ill and rescheduled for later in the month.

The funniest part and most memorable part of this experience was when Miles walked up to introduce himself to Leonard, a member of the College Football Hall of Fame. Darryl jokes, “Watch that guy. He just got out of prison!”

At this point, I’m taking a picture of Leonard and my son and Leonard, with his arm around the boy, tries to get in on the joke.

“They let me out just to touch you," he says.

We all burst out laughing because Leonard has no idea how that sounds. Then it suddenly dawns on him.

“Wait a minute! Let me rephrase that!”

A hilarious, good-natured moment. It was great to meet these two important members of Buffalo Bills' history.

Jason1980s
Marked Out Pro

Re: Darryl Talley and Leonard Smith - Cheektowaga, NY

Post by Jason1980s » July 5th, 2019, 6:05 pm

Very nice photos. That shop looks great, I miss those type of collectible shops. That looks like something out of the early 1990s.
Book WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Valiant for your event!!
PM me!

http://www.jimmyvaliant.weebly.com/

Meet WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Valiant ANY Sunday 12 noon to 4 PM at Boogie's Wrestling Camp located at
2916 Alleghany Springs Road in Shawsville Virginia. Free of charge!

"I'll never forget what the WWE took away from me. I also want to say I'll never forget all the great things they gave to me"-Bret Hart

WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: Darryl Talley and Leonard Smith - Cheektowaga, NY

Post by WOODMO » July 5th, 2019, 8:28 pm

This looked like a great time. Thanks for sharing