Legends/Pop n Rock Gettysburg Trip

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Greg2600

Legends/Pop n Rock Gettysburg Trip

Post by Greg2600 » June 9th, 2019, 6:45 pm

I opened the month of June by doing a solo road trip, eventually to Gettysburg, PA. On the way, I stopped at LOTR in Monroe, NJ. I simply wanted photos with Haku (Meng) and Earl (Screwjob) Hebner. As I’ve complained before, the superticket setup at Legends is simply awful when you just want a couple people quickly. In any event, I did enjoy speaking to many former board posters and current, to watch the hour or so slog by. Both were $20 photos, and got both in seconds, and I was finally on my way.

Haku

Hebner

The drive to PA was a bit complicated as for some reason my Google Maps/GPS went haywire several times. This resulted in me missing the NJ Turnpike exit I needed to take, as well as forcing TWO u-turns in Maryland, that all in all cost me like 45 minutes time. Argh! I arrived at the hotel, and parked, before meeting up with Joresky who helped my entry. I got a photo with a couple of Jersey born actors, Danny Pintauro from Who’s the Boss, and Daniel Hugh Kelly, from Star Trek Insurrection. Danny was munching on lunch, but Kelly and I wound up talking for like 15 minutes on a range of subjects. He really seemed thrilled to be able to explore the Civil War battlefield sites nearby.

Pintauro

Hugh Kelly

From there I spotted a purple haired Angela Goethals, and got a free op, followed by another long convo on her brief time in the business as a teen. She had a bunch of interesting Home Alone tidbits that I was glad to listen to. A few tables down was Quinn Lord, who I know from The Man In the High Castle, where he plays the son of Rufus Sewell. Quinn wasn’t that talkative, but his father sure was!

Goethals

Lord

The final guest I wanted was Miguel A. Nunez, Jr., who was in the other vendor room, and starred in Tour of Duty, a 1980’s Nam TV show that I loved as a kid. Also a really nice guy.

Miguel

I made the 3 hour drive home after stopping at Panera for food. I was contemplating a NYC trip for Irwin Winkler and Nicholas Pileggi, but opted against it. For one, the Holland Tunnel was backed up to a standstill, and I had to use the potty thanks to Dunkin coffee! I could have still made the way out, but I was worn out. Too bad, as I heard Shane McMahon and his wife Marissa were in attendance. Ha ha.

The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com