Fear the Wallflower Rocketmen in Deadwood

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Greg2600

Fear the Wallflower Rocketmen in Deadwood

Post by Greg2600 » June 9th, 2019, 6:36 pm

I was back home again from Indiana, so on to NYC. There were events for the new film Rocketman and the HBO series Big Little Lies, but there were also storms. It poured bad for a few hours, ruining the arrivals for either event. I went to a 2nd spot for Rocketman, where I snagged Scottish actor Richard Madden, a potential future 007. Couldn’t get much else there, so a few of us went over to the 3rd spot. It was far more crowded, but I got director/actor Dexter Fletcher, who was in The Bounty, as well as former supermodel Claudia Schiffer and her hubby Matthew Vaughn. Vaughn directed Kick-Ass, Kingsmen, X-Men First Class, etc. My primary goal was Jamie Bell, a long time want I’ve had bad luck on, so I ignored the mob that went after Taron Egerton. Got Bell no problem though. On the way out, Taron, barely stopped.

I ventured to the Big Little Lies spot, where celebs were leaving but hardly anyone stopped. Of the few who did, my main want, Kathryn Newton, was pulled away before I could get her. She has played Clare Novak on Supernatural. I then left, which stunk, because Shailene Woodley did the whole rail, of course, after. I joined up with other friends for Rocketman’s 4th location. Taron ignored us, but I did get an update and a Memphis Belle graph from Tate Donovan. I also got “roast master” Jeff Ross there.

Bell

Madden

Fletcher

Vaughn

Schiffer

Ross

Donovan

Following day, I needed to try for the lovely Alycia Debnam-Carey from Fear the Walking Dead, a want of mine for years now. Spot was a tad crowded, but she’s still super nice. From there I went to wait for some of the “Lies” women I missed. As I’m walking up, Taron is doing pics then jumps into his car and is gone, ha ha. I also found out Shailene went out earlier, though she had her friend Isidora Goreshter with her. She played Svetlana on Shameless. After awhile Kathryn Newton steps out, and I finally can get her! While there I saw Laura Dern sneak out, and Reese Whitherspoon enter and leave like five times, ignoring everyone each time. Dern we spot up the street but she hustles in saying when she comes back out. Also see Michelle Pfeiffer here, but that was not happening. Unfortunately I didn’t spot Shailene/Isidora up the street either, and when they got to the door, the paps flashed the hell out of them. I did manage to ask Isidora for a photo and she said way out. A short time later, they walked out, and the paps went berserk again. Shailene was not stopping with all that, but Isidora did, which I was very happy about, as I love Shameless!

Alycia

Isidora

Kathryn

To finish May up, I went for a couple easy gets. One was Deadwood actress Robin Weigert (Calamity Jane), who was very nice. Then I attempted Michael Collins, Apollo 11 astronaut, which was a complete waste, as he ignored everyone. I found out a few days later that he told the organizers the only way he’d come was if they kept him away from people! Anyhow, I huffed it to a theater where Jakob Dylan of The Wallflowers was appearing, and got him no problem. Such a nice guy.

Robin

Jakob
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

class316
Marked Out Historian

Re: Fear the Wallflower Rocketmen in Deadwood

Post by class316 » June 9th, 2019, 8:17 pm

Wow Schiffer still around she looks good.

Missed Newton recently still need that
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets

WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: Fear the Wallflower Rocketmen in Deadwood

Post by WOODMO » June 10th, 2019, 12:01 am

Excellent stuff especially Jamie Bell. I need to go for him eventually