Puppeteers vs. Karate's Bad Boy in Harlem

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Greg2600

Puppeteers vs. Karate's Bad Boy in Harlem

Post by Greg2600 » June 7th, 2019, 12:08 am

Ugh, I keep forgetting I make report drafts and forget to submit!

TV Week was behind me, but I decided to hit Book-Ends in Ridgewood for actor Sean Kanan for a Saturday matinee signing. I photoshopped an 8x10 based on the magazine page from Karate Kid, Part III, “Karate’s Bad Boy.” I couldn’t find a good image of him screaming so I found some guy’s tattoo! Used that, made it greyscale, etc, came out nice. Anyway, I decided to cut the hedges and the grass in the yard, and then hit the shower. I got to the store about 20 minutes late, but they were doing a Q&A anyway. Said hi to Mikey Icon and a few others I know. There were less than 20 people on hand. Bought the book, got it signed and my 8x10 and a nice basement pic. Class then alerted me that he was on his way, so I asked if they could wait awhile. They wound up having old friends show up and were talking to them anyway.

Asian Dave came out for East Coast Comic Con in the Meadowlands, and I needed to hand off his Cheryl Ladd figure. The traffic was terrible all day, so I got there just as he was walking out, and gave him a lift to the Secaucus train station so he could go to NYC for Pedro Pascal. He did get him. Dave gave me the wristband, so I decided to stop inside the con. Class was there, so we split Diane Pershing from Batman The Animated Series (Poison Ivy). I also got a photo with Dr. Demento, and chatted about what type of concert Weird Al would be doing this year. I also made sure to get a free pic (finally) with Larry Hama, who was so instrumental in the G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero comics back in the day.

Pershing

Dr. Demento

Hama

I took some vehicle pics and then went to talk to the barely valid original Star Wars actors. I got free photos with Richard Oldfield (Empire Strikes Back), Nick Joseph (Medal guy in A New Hope), and Simon Williamson (Max Rebo in ROTJ). I also got to chat with each awhile, talking about travel with Richard, Frank Sinatra with Nick, and CGI with Simon. Gerald Home talked a bunch about the con business and his recent root canal, but then wouldn’t do the photo free.

Richard Oldfield

Nick Joseph

Simon Williamson

:asiandave: sent us some pics....

Simon Williamson (Dave Graphs)

Roger L. Jackson (Dave Graph)

Warrington Gillette (off with Dave's head)

Back in the city, a “master” tipped me off to a movie premiere up well uptown. Two names on the list I really wanted were Vera Farmiga and William Sadler. I arrived and there were 4-5 graphers already on hand. Luckily the crowd didn’t grow by much. Sadler initially declined but we came across again 15 minutes later and was nice. A few of the actors I already had and did not ask for pics again, like Famke Janssen, John Leguizamo and Michael K. Williams. I did get Joshua Jackson again, but most were fresh though relatively obscure. They included Omar Dorsey, Kylie Bunbury, Aurora Perrineau, Ethan Herisse, Marquis Rodriguez, Jharrel Jerome, and Freddy Miyares. Veteran actors I got included Blair Underwood from L.A. Law, Dascha Polanco from Orange is the New Black, and Christopher Jackson from Hamilton. Some like the director Ava DuVernay, Ophrah Winfrey, and Vera Farmiga either didn’t cross the street, or snuck in.

Sadler

Underwood

Joshua

Christopher

Dascha

Dorsey

Aurora

Jerome

Herisse

Miyares

Bunbury

Rodriguez

From there we headed way downtown to try for Hogan Family star Sandy Duncan. Sandy was very nice and I got the photo with her. I also got one with director/actress Blanche Baker, most known from Sixteen Candles. Following that a few of us traveled uptown a bit for an actor from Back to School, but we never saw him.

Sandy

Blanche
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

Joresky

Re: Puppeteers vs. Karate's Bad Boy in Harlem

Post by Joresky » June 7th, 2019, 9:51 am

Great pics! Still need Sandy Duncan.. shes kinda rare

ICW
Marked Out Master

Re: Puppeteers vs. Karate's Bad Boy in Harlem

Post by ICW » June 7th, 2019, 1:18 pm

Cleaned up!
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/