What is the lowest thing you or heard of someone doing for a combo

Discuss general topics dealing with the hobby.
class316
Marked Out Historian

Re: What is the lowest thing you or heard of someone doing for a combo

Post by class316 » June 11th, 2019, 1:56 pm

lanza218 wrote:
June 11th, 2019, 1:23 pm
The response was a block and people who claimed they would come back never did
Correct. The response was a ban from the board and as I stated ban was lifted when people voted in favor of bringing me back.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » June 11th, 2019, 9:06 pm

lanza218 wrote:
June 11th, 2019, 1:23 pm
mishedout wrote:
June 11th, 2019, 12:55 pm
I haven’t posted in a long time. People who send items to anyone because they are butt hurt over something is very low.
I left because while the situations didn’t happen on the board they happened as a response to what happened here.
I didn’t think the response of the board admins was acceptable. I even recall class asking ( begging ) people to write the admins saying he was a good guy. Even a fellow Jewish person who knew what happened.
I am more than happy to say hello to anyone but I will never forgive what happened to a good friend of ours. I consider a lot of you friends but that situation was very low.

Also Ira I am going to call you out to let a non disabled person get on a line ( with you ) considering your own family.
The response was a block and people who claimed they would come back never did and keep this individual as a friend on social media and he came back many months later after noone else returned but have no problem reading which is fine. Speaking for myself I cant police what people are doing to each other outside of a message board for signings esp when people comment on said persons FB, keep him as a friend and gets him out of situations where he is clearly guilty.
This. I in no way support anything he said, did, believes, etc. But when people who leave the site over him still keep him as a Facebook friend without deleting or banning him on Facebook, and interact with him in person on any level, it’s hard to just look at us and call our response insufficient. There would be many insufficient responses to bad behavior.

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » June 11th, 2019, 9:31 pm

As someone who has moderator many forums over the years (Gaming/Motorsports), people were banned simply for procedural complaints, like constantly going off topic. Those were forums with massive member lists, and it was necessary. This site is vastly different though, mainly because it involves in person events, and most of us know each other personally. I would argue that for that reason, off-board actions probably should have some sort of penalty on-board. I was fresh on this forum at the time when Class was banned briefly. Frankly it seemed to me as the admins and Class both having a bit of "fun" with it. I heard about what he did to other members via the US Mail, and my first reaction was, well that is one big time nitwit. Yet, I too wondered, if the recipients were so offended, why did they still talk to him at cons and have him on social media? That didn't make sense to me.

However, it should be said that he has often taken to lame forms of blackmail in order to get what he wants, in his many hobby-related fights. Again, this all goes back to my original posts in this thread. We have threatened to ban him here in the past for off-board actions with other members, in order to calm things down between them. Honestly, at this point, for the small % of people who still come here to post, all I can say is, take the dummy with a grain of salt. He's sort of like the semi-homeless, mentally ill, wack-a-doo who parades around the local mini-mart shouting about conspiracies and getting far too much sun.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » June 11th, 2019, 10:17 pm

He tried to blackmail me put a stop to that shit ASAP and removed him 99% from my life. Ban was lifted when saw the people who left interacting with him on social media and other cons. Figured everyone was over it once nobody came back but chatted it up with him. Hell at wrestlecon was same thing

mishedout
Marking Out Amateur

Post by mishedout » June 11th, 2019, 10:35 pm

Speaking for myself, I say hello because I don’t want things to be weird.
That being said having a beef with someone but still having them as a “ friend “ on fb means nothing these days. I guess people are “ afraid “ of what a loose cannon anyone can be if upset.

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » June 11th, 2019, 10:48 pm

Better person than me. I avoid people I dislike lol and FB does mean shit but I like to keep out people that do more harm than good for me on a personal level.

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » June 11th, 2019, 10:51 pm

mishedout wrote:
June 11th, 2019, 10:35 pm
Speaking for myself, I say hello because I don’t want things to be weird.
That being said having a beef with someone but still having them as a “ friend “ on fb means nothing these days. I guess people are “ afraid “ of what a loose cannon anyone can be if upset.
:boom:

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » June 11th, 2019, 10:56 pm

I know a lot of you longtime posters are probably desensitized to just how insane his behavior truly is by now, but are you actually reading what's being discussed about this guy - blackmail, white powder, mailing swastika pics, etc? This isn't just message board shenanigans, it's the actions of a complete psychopath.

Regardless of whether he's allowed to post on the board, the fact that ANYBODY here still even associates themselves with this piece of shit on the street or at shows is mind blowing. I don't know if he helps people with info or what the reason could possibly be, but when the guy's pretty much openly a nazi (not even counting all of the other stuff), that alone should be enough to not want to ever buddy up to the guy, regardless of the circumstances. This isn't just some silly or quirky personality trait, the guy is literally SYMPATHETIC TO THE FUCKING NAZIS, and people still go up to him at events like he's a remotely normal dude?

I honestly and truly just don't get it.

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » June 11th, 2019, 10:56 pm

Best just to ignore at this point

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » June 11th, 2019, 11:42 pm

AJLe wrote:
June 11th, 2019, 10:56 pm
I know a lot of you longtime posters are probably desensitized to just how insane his behavior truly is by now, but are you actually reading what's being discussed about this guy - blackmail, white powder, mailing swastika pics, etc? This isn't just message board shenanigans, it's the actions of a complete psychopath.

Regardless of whether he's allowed to post on the board, the fact that ANYBODY here still even associates themselves with this piece of shit on the street or at shows is mind blowing. I don't know if he helps people with info or what the reason could possibly be, but when the guy's pretty much openly a nazi (not even counting all of the other stuff), that alone should be enough to not want to ever buddy up to the guy, regardless of the circumstances. This isn't just some silly or quirky personality trait, the guy is literally SYMPATHETIC TO THE FUCKING NAZIS, and people still go up to him at events like he's a remotely normal dude?

I honestly and truly just don't get it.
This is the most rational take of them all.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » June 12th, 2019, 1:26 am

Bottom line is, the people of marked out voted to bring me back (as I showed in that poll) years ago. The mods went with the poll and I was unbanned from the board. Since then I have been a law abiding board citizen and strive to provide content for the people. Everything that recently happened pertained to second hand accounts regarding activities that didn't even take place on the board nor did it even involve either the current or former board members bitching about said incident. I literally did or said nothing. To be quite honest, if something someone supposedly did at a signing is such a huge concern for you, then I envy your life as you have nothing more important to stress about.

And yes, shocking as it may seem to the AJLes of the world, I have an array of friends and allies (of all races) in multiple cities that I work with when combo hunting. Some of these people are facebook friends, some of these people are phone contacts, and some are both. I thank them all for their help over the years, and I would think they are thankful for my help.

Some of these aforementioned people are actually former enemies of mine, like for instance CM Showstoppter, whom I recently helped with a big want of his. I want nothing more than to move past all feuds as I'm getting too old for fights. But of course it takes two to tango so I can only stop feuding if the other person feels the same way. Anyone who truly knows me and/or has dealt with me will know that I'm a good trustworthy guy that will take care of anyone who takes care of me. If for instance someone commissions me to get them an autograph or buys an autograph from me, my word is all they need for its authenticity. And I don't take that for granted. But having no desire for trouble also doesn't mean you'll take a punch without responding. So people that don't like consequences for their actions need to take note of that. And this pertains to life in general.

As Class316, I will continue to be a law abiding board citizen for the people. And rather than argue with current or former board members in this thread and rekindle old feuds, I would much rather catch up on 2 months worth of reports for YOU the people. I am way way behind. I apologize to all for for the delays on that front, but I have had lots going on in my life, be it combo related, money related, and otherwise. I hope to pump up some reports this week.

And above all else, on to more combos for the second half of 2019!

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » June 12th, 2019, 9:35 am

Nobody cares about ur old reports. Better off posting on ur blog

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » June 12th, 2019, 10:21 am

lanza218 wrote:
June 12th, 2019, 9:35 am
Nobody cares about ur old reports. Better off posting on ur blog
I'll do both
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » June 12th, 2019, 2:06 pm

I think this thread has about run its course.