Morticia Kissed an American Psycho Girl Late, Late in the Park

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Greg2600

Morticia Kissed an American Psycho Girl Late, Late in the Park

Post by Greg2600 » May 17th, 2019, 7:00 pm

May is here, and as usual, so is the wet weather. Went for a long-time want, former sitcom and late night host, Craig Ferguson. He came out an odd door at the venue but was very nice. I then tried an actor who shall go nameless for autographs who denied me on the grounds that he didn’t want to “just give them away.” Also tried a party spot, but the few I wanted left already.

Craig

Now, then. Katy Perry held a limited meet and greet at Macy’s in New York. Had they done this per usual, where you buy the day of, I wouldn’t have even bothered going. They started sales 2 days before, so I got there when the store opened. However, there was already a ton of people ahead of me. Ironically several people I know well got there basically when I did. Bought the qualifying product and left. When it came to show time, I met up with HeelOrton and friend, and waited what felt like an eternity. Katy was close to 45 minutes late, and we eventually got through the line. They ordered strange candies. Katy was very friendly, and seemed willing to speak to fans for a while. Unfortunately they used those photoboxes and texted the pictures to your phone. The resolution is not high, but the photos look great. We also found out that they were handing out signed photos as you left, which is probably what delayed Katy’s appearance.

Katy

line to buy

they gave these candies out, and yes, her shoes are scratch and sniff!
Image Image

We heard that Anjelica Huston was appearing downtown, so we hopped the subway and got down there with about 20 minutes to spare. RuPaul left and signed only, refusing photos. Huston left and was super nice, and we got photos. Very cool to meet such a legend, one who is kind of rare in these parts.

Huston

I needed Amy Poehler (finally) so I went to a spot that nobody else bothered to do and got her. Other encounters include Anna Sophia Robb from Bridge to Terabithia, as well as director Mary Harron, most notably of American Psycho, one of my favorite films.

Poehler

Robb

Harron

On another day, my luck was terrible. Went for Jennifer Garner yet again, but she no showed the event. Later on I tried for Halle Berry but she didn’t stop. Then tried a few spots for Julia Louis-Dreyfus, but got screwed by people who already had her. The one photo I got was with Ben Vereen, a long time want of mine, for The Wiz and the old children’s show Zobilee Zoo. As it turned out, both Berry and Dreyfus stopped for people well later at night, but I was tired and had long gone home.

The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

Cozmik
Marking Out Amateur

Re: Morticia Kissed an American Psycho Girl Late, Late in the Park

Post by Cozmik » May 18th, 2019, 1:28 am

Cool stuff. That Katy Perry photo is great.

Joresky

Re: Morticia Kissed an American Psycho Girl Late, Late in the Park

Post by Joresky » May 20th, 2019, 8:45 am

Awesome scores... that Katy Perry photo is amazing!!!