April Meets 1: Philly Estevez, Manhattan Joss, Easy Graphs, Pulling Teeth Guys

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Greg2600

April Meets 1: Philly Estevez, Manhattan Joss, Easy Graphs, Pulling Teeth Guys

Post by Greg2600 » April 17th, 2019, 2:28 pm

First up I headed to Philly for a quasi-meet and greet with Emilio Estevez from Breakfast Club, Young Guns, Men at Work, and The Mighty Ducks. He did this month-long coast to coast tour promoting his new movie. Knowing that he’d be hounded in NYC worse than anywhere else, I “talked” my way into the sold-out venue beforehand, and headed down. They had a small reception prior to the movie, where I spotted a friend of Jerry. We waited and eventually Emilio appeared, though he was off in the corner. Alec Baldwin arrived unannounced. It was becoming more and more clear that there was NOT going to be a setup meet & greet here and we had to fend for ourselves. So the two of us got near them, where the other guy got a selfie with Baldwin before he left the room. Emilio was nice about taking photos, though his reps complained when we asked for autographs. Apparently he did decent sigs in DC a few days before, but I assume the airport crew there pissed him off, because in Philly, he barely wrote anything. It’s so bad, I actually removed it from my 8x10. I left the building, as I had no interest in driving home in the middle of the night.

Emilio

Back in Manhattan, I hit a spot for some autographs from actors who I had photos with already. I got Justin Theroux, Emmy Rossum, and Amanda Seyfried there no problem. Also got a photo with Holly Taylor, who I didn’t have. I did some digging, and found a spot for actor Cole Hauser from School Ties, Pitch Black, and 2 Fast 2 Furious. Waited a bit and spotted him. He was cool, but initially didn’t want to take a photo, felt it was too weird. He was very surprised that anybody would actually care enough about him to even ask ha ha. So we wound up chatting for like 20 minutes about sports and all kinds of stuff, really interesting guy! Finally I helped him flag down a taxi and he got the selfie.

Emmy, Amanda, Justin autos

Holly

Cole

I went over to another spot, hearing a sneak that Joss Whedon was in town there. While I was there, I witnessed the great Jimmy Page leave the building, where he actually smiled and waved. Jaz Sinclair was there from the new Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, so I grabbed a selfie. I also got a update with Frank Grillo. Finally Joss appeared, and was very nice, and I got the photo. Previously I had failed on him at Tribeca and NYCC in the past. I quickly left and made the exits for an event with Danny Woodburn from Seinfeld, Death to Smoochy and Jingle All the Way. He also didn’t want to do the photo, but I pestered him just enough. Final stop was a premiere for a new Taraji Henson movie. One cast member I wanted was Nick Searcy from Castaway, Runaway Jury, and Seven Days. He laughed that I wanted a photo but did so for my friend and I. I made a brief appearance at the Game of Thrones hotel but it was a complete zoo. I just wanted two actors but one only signed and the other was surrounded by low lifes who wouldn’t stay inside the barricades. I abruptly left.

Joss

Woodburn

Grillo

Jaz

Page (not my shot)

Searcy
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: April Meets 1: Philly Estevez, Manhattan Joss, Easy Graphs, Pulling Teeth Guys

Post by WOODMO » April 17th, 2019, 7:07 pm

Great stuff especially Emilio!!

lanza218
Site Admin

Re: April Meets 1: Philly Estevez, Manhattan Joss, Easy Graphs, Pulling Teeth Guys

Post by lanza218 » April 18th, 2019, 1:03 pm

Nice on Holly. Still need her as well. Always turned me down

crowbar
Marked Out King

Post by crowbar » April 19th, 2019, 8:55 am

Love Leftovers, cool poster there.

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » April 19th, 2019, 10:14 am

Great stuff!
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/