Mackenzie Astin, John Astin, Ellis Paul and Robin Trower in MD/VA

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Joresky

Mackenzie Astin, John Astin, Ellis Paul and Robin Trower in MD/VA

Post by Joresky » April 16th, 2019, 1:21 pm

A couple weeks ago I got to meet famous guitarist Robin Trower in Virginia near Washington DC. I went down to DC with a friend to try to meet the band Muse and I figured I could get a photo with Robin before I went for Muse. I had already met Robin in the past but I can't find my photo so I figured I should get another one just in case. After the show they brought Robin to his car and announced that he would sign one item per person but would do no photos. I got an autograph for my friend. We went to another spot where I was able to get a photo with him no problem. After that we went to the spot for Muse (huge want of mine) but unfortunately found out that they had switched to another spot. We went to other spot but found out that we missed them by only ten minutes.

The following Friday I attended a concert by rock/folk singer Ellis Paul. The show was oddly enough at a local church (hes not a religious singer) only 5 or 6 miles from my house. Admission was only $20 which is reasonable for a national act. Ellis is most know for his song "The World Ain't Slowing Down" from the soundtrack to the Jim Carrey movie "Me Myself and Irene." I got to the venue early and went inside. The show had tables and seats for everyone to sit down and enjoy the show which is a nice change from other rock shows where I have to stand up the whole time. I saw Ellis hanging out by his merch table so I got a photo with him and had him sign the CD I brought and I picked up his newest CD which he also signed. After this I watched the show and he was excellent. The last song he played was the World Ain't Slowing Down. After the show he said he would be giving out free posters at his table so I picked one up and got one of them signed too before leaving.

Fast forward to a week or so later and I decided to go to meet actor Mackenzie and John Astin. It was the day after my 39th birthday and I had to work on my birthday so I figured I would celebrate over the weekend with celebrity meets. Me and my friend Joe waited in front of the venue to see if we could meet Mackenzie and John before the show. After about ten minutes I spotted Mackenzie walking out of the venue and he walked right up to us knowing what we wanted. He took photos with us and he signed my Iron Will DVD that I brought with me. I really wanted to bring my Garbage Pail Kids the movie DVD that he starred in with me but I couldn't find it unfortunately. Mackenzie was super nice and even hung out and chatted with us for a few minutes. He asked if we were going to the show and I said yes. He asked that we not ask John until after the show. We watched the play and I absolutely loved it. It was only $15 to see the show and it was totally worth it. After the play John and Mackenzie hung out inside and signed and took photos with me and my other friends. My friend gave me some eight by tens of Mackenzie and John as a birthday present and they signed them for me no problem. I took another photo with John and then a photo with John and Mackenzie together which was super cool. After we left we tried for the Doobie Brothers but found out we missed them leaving unfortunately then we tried for Tracii Guns of LA Guns but security wouldn't let us wait on the property so we left. The band probably instructed the security to make sure fans don’t hang out by their bus because they were charging for a preshow meet and greet for 100 bucks. Oh well, win some lose some.
photojohnastinmackenzieastin.jpg
Me and actors John Astin and Mackenzie Astin
photomackenzieastin.jpg
Me and actor Mackenzie Astin
photojohnastin.jpg
Me and actor John Astin
photoellispaul.jpg
Me and singer Ellis Paul
photorobintrower.jpg
Me and guitarist Robin Trower
automackenzieastin.jpg
Mackenzie Astin signed photo
automackenzieastin2.jpg
Mackenzie Astin signed DVD
autojohnastin.jpg
John Astin signed photo
autoellispaul.jpg
Ellis Paul signed poster
autoellispaul2.jpg
Ellis Paul signed CD
autoellispaul3.jpg
Ellis Paul signed CD

Greg2600

Re: Mackenzie Astin, John Astin, Ellis Paul and Robin Trower in MD/VA

Post by Greg2600 » April 16th, 2019, 2:41 pm

Good stuff. Still would like to meet Astin.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » April 16th, 2019, 2:49 pm

Greg2600 wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 2:41 pm
Come in September. They have another show. I went and was a VERY pleasant experience.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » April 16th, 2019, 3:04 pm

class316 wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 2:49 pm
Greg2600 wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 2:41 pm
Come in September. They have another show. I went and was a VERY pleasant experience.
I *****might***** come down for that Farpoint con but not going just for John, as I'd be driving back at 3AM.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » April 16th, 2019, 4:32 pm

Greg2600 wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 3:04 pm

I *****might***** come down for that Farpoint con but not going just for John, as I'd be driving back at 3AM.
Well, the guy is pushing 90. If you want him you better pull all the stops.

That being said, he looks incredible for pushing 90.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets

yosemitechris
Marked Out King

Post by yosemitechris » April 16th, 2019, 4:43 pm

very cool photos

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » April 17th, 2019, 7:08 pm

Great gets Jerry

crowbar
Marked Out King

Post by crowbar » April 19th, 2019, 8:56 am

I knew I recognized that kid, Garbage Pail Kids!

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » April 19th, 2019, 10:14 am

Awesome stuff man!
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » April 19th, 2019, 3:57 pm

Great shots on John Astin! I legitimately thought he had passed away for some reason, lol.