Greg's Wrastlemania Access Con Report!

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Greg2600

Greg's Wrastlemania Access Con Report!

Post by Greg2600 » April 15th, 2019, 1:20 pm

In my combo quest to complete the main rosters from the old WWF/WCW/ECW era when I still watched wrestling, Wrestlemania 35 coming to town was certainly going to put a dent in that. Not to my mention my wallet! First up was Axxess on Friday night for Shane O’Mac in Brooklyn. Following a failed combo hunt, I offered Class a ride in my car, but he chose to take his own. I then picked up Lanza from midtown and headed over. We stopped and grabbed dinner at some Mexican bar in Red Hook, and parked for free like 2 blocks from the pier entrance! Thank God for the VIP because the GA line to get in was horrible. I had very few wants besides Shane, but I saw the signing come up for Trish, Usos and Jackie Moore, who I didn’t have, so I went there. I was only in the second row, but this took 80+ minutes! Trish was way too slow, which is nice, but just bad. Her film crew kept doing interviews with fans. The “disability line” was out of control, where apparently if people abused its privileges by simply “sneezing on a WWE employee.” I’m sorry, but unless you have documentation that you are disabled in your local state, get out of that line. Anyhow, got the photos with all three and they signed those dumb mat things, which I peddled on eBay for $25.

ImageImageImageImage

I briefly rejoined Lanza, and went through a few photo op lines for Alicia Fox, Alundra Blayze, Apollo Crews, Brian Kendrick, Drake Maverick, and The Iconics. Again, just to pass the time for me, though Ms. Fox has a deathgrip of a handshake!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Eventually I decided to get a decent spot in the Shane McMahon line, which I did, to be joined by everyone I know, Lanza, WoodMO, Ira, Class, Jabroni, Ray, etc., etc. They let the disabled through in one big pack for Shane, then he did the VIP’s. Great photo, great graph, and I kept the promo photo to peddle.

ImageImage

After that, it was nearly 10PM so I hustled through the DX and Legends exhibits, snapping pics of the props, costumes, gear, and what not. Also I got a pic in the Piper’s Pit setup and the old school WWF entrance.

Full Album
https://www.flickr.com/photos/greg2600/ ... 9888951198

The following morning, it was Wrestlecon, so I hopped on the train and got to the venue. While I was in line for the $40 admission, some guy walked up trying to dump an extra wristband. I offered him 20 bucks as I had only 20’s in my wallet and he took it and I took off! As usual split-partners Class/Lanza seemingly had most of the people I wanted, I set out on my own to get this over with quickly. Grabbed photos with Dan “The Beast” Severn, Tajiri, “nWo” Sting Jeff Farmer, and Christian on the upper floor. Now I always said I wouldn’t pay for Christian until he did the dual with Edge but I don’t know when that’s ever happening again.

I moved to the first floor, and got the group op with the Nitro Girls (Spice, Fyre, and Chae). I also got the in gimmick Boogeyman. Then I headed back to the 2nd floor, where I got Gerry Brisco, Taka Michinoku, and Tony Atlas. Rikishi and Tonga Kid were doing a combo together for $40 that included a signed 11x17 poster. I had nothing to carry this poster in, but while I was walking around I bumped into LaserDiscGuy and gave it to him! He helped me with a Kobe Bryant ticket for a friend, so only made sense.

Class and I waited for Masato Tanaka to arrive, but it took too long so I ventured around again. This time I got a photo with Booker T’s wife Sharmell, aka Nitro Girl Storm, then Vampiro and Gail Kim. I also hit the ballroom level to get Magnum TA. Finally Tanaka arrived and we split the photo. I was now done, and quickly departed.

I had won a contest to attend a taping of the Busted Open podcast, featuring Mark Henry, Tommy Dreamer, Bully Ray, and hosted by Dave LaGreca. This was maybe 15 blocks south so I walked it and was greeted with a massive line with at least 100 people waiting outside. Luckily I was considered VIP, so I got let in upstairs and treated to sliders and fries and drinks for free! Before the show, they did photos on your own camera so I got in there. Finally I had one with Mark Henry. The bar began filling up so I squeezed my way out of there, and headed home.

The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

yosemitechris
Marked Out King

Re: Greg's Wrastlemania Access Con Report!

Post by yosemitechris » April 15th, 2019, 1:34 pm

freaking great report, lots of great meets! super photos

what kind of camera do you use for your photo ops, the pics look great?

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » April 15th, 2019, 1:51 pm

For meet and greet settings I have a Nikon S9600, it's a point and shoot I got at Costco years ago.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

Anthony18
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Anthony18 » April 15th, 2019, 2:47 pm

Man Nitro girl spice is still hot! I should have gotten an updated pic with her. When I met her at Big Event 5 she was brunette. So to me a blonde Spice would have been an upgraded pic lol.