lanza218
Site Admin

Re: Sasha Banks & Bayley possibly leaving WWE

Post by lanza218 » April 15th, 2019, 4:53 pm

ICW wrote:
April 15th, 2019, 2:10 pm
lanza218 wrote:
April 15th, 2019, 1:40 pm
Both tweeted that and assumption is everything is fine.
Typical M.O. with WWE talent. I trust Dave (and even Satin) over them playing the typical b.s.
Dave literally just makes his own assumptions on scenarios. Satin has a lil more credibility but not much. Both flew to raw today and again Sasha was soooooo upset she took pic with new champs immediately after the match. Smells of all b.s.

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » April 15th, 2019, 4:59 pm

lanza218 wrote:
April 15th, 2019, 4:53 pm
ICW wrote:
April 15th, 2019, 2:10 pm
lanza218 wrote:
April 15th, 2019, 1:40 pm
Both tweeted that and assumption is everything is fine.
Typical M.O. with WWE talent. I trust Dave (and even Satin) over them playing the typical b.s.
Dave literally just makes his own assumptions on scenarios. Satin has a lil more credibility but not much. Both flew to raw today and again Sasha was soooooo upset she took pic with new champs immediately after the match. Smells of all b.s.
Dave is one of the greatest historians of pro wrestling and a very accurate reporter (just read old WONs from literally decades ago and see how much he got right). These wrestlers are no different from other athletes or celebrities when they have this shit leaked to the press -- or they get angry that someone leaked stuff to the press and they pretend like it never happens and scream "fake news." It's been going on forever.

Also: does working for the WWE sound like it's a great experience? They were about to fire the writer of Bret's HOF speech because he dared mention Vince (the guy ended up quitting before they had a chance to fire him). Talent is openly complaining, threatening to leave, or have left, Roaddogg just quit because he can't stand how Vince just regularly changes the show...

Everything points to the Sasha/Bayley story to being true (at least in the sense that they're unhappy). There's very little to suggest that Satin or Dave pulled it out of their asses.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » April 15th, 2019, 5:48 pm

Dave insulated that Roman cancer was fake and tried to explain the medicine he took all on assumption. WWE gives high 6 figures to people and pays for surgeries. Doesn't sound to shabby to me. Dave always goes with "plans change" instead of admitting he got fake reports from Terry Taylor. It's a carny business and hes no better then the rest of them. He is on AEW payroll.

Road dog stepped down because he was no longer head writer and found his spot to quit.

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » April 15th, 2019, 6:21 pm

Sorry, but the HOF story reeks of BS to me too. The first version to come out was that they guy actually got fired right there in the gorilla position. Then the story quickly changed to "well, yes he did quit on his own, but he was GOING to be fired." That's a pretty big distinction to do an immediate 180 on.

Also, out of all of the parts of the various speeches they could pull from, the WWE specifically replayed the "mentioning Vince over and over again" joke on the Mania broadcast, and on Raw and Smackdown when covering the HOF ceremony. Now if Vince was really so completely pissed off about that joke that he was considering firing people in gorilla over it, why would he then *REPLAY THAT EXACT JOKE REPEATEDLY ON ALL OF HIS TV SHOWS*? Doesn't really hold up to me.

I don't think Dave intentionally reports things he knows are BS, but I do think he's way too vulnerable to getting worked by his sources, and when it's a story that fits his opinions on WWE/Vince, he's inclined to run with it without always doing his due diligence. And yes, the "plans changed" spot gets played WAY too much these days, and is a very convenient crutch to lean on.

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » April 15th, 2019, 6:29 pm

AJLe wrote:
April 15th, 2019, 6:21 pm
Sorry, but the HOF story reeks of BS to me too. The first version to come out was that they guy actually got fired right there in the gorilla position. Then the story quickly changed to "well, yes he did quit on his own, but he was GOING to be fired." That's a pretty big distinction to do an immediate 180 on.

Also, out of all of the parts of the various speeches they could pull from, the WWE specifically replayed the "mentioning Vince over and over again" joke on the Mania broadcast, and on Raw and Smackdown when covering the HOF ceremony. Now if Vince was really so completely pissed off about that joke that he was considering firing people in gorilla over it, why would he then *REPLAY THAT EXACT JOKE REPEATEDLY ON ALL OF HIS TV SHOWS*? Doesn't really hold up to me.

I don't think Dave intentionally reports things he knows are BS, but I do think he's way too vulnerable to getting worked by his sources, and when it's a story that fits his opinions on WWE/Vince, he's inclined to run with it without always doing his due diligence. And yes, the "plans changed" spot gets played WAY too much these days, and is a very convenient crutch to lean on.
The guy went on Twitter and said he quit. Apparently it was one of those “you can’t fire me, I quit!” type stuff. Dave also *constantly* mentioned that the line about Vince made it as far as being written on the telepromter, so who knows what the whole story is.

And the Roman thing was b.s. he never called him a liar, he was talking about the pills.

Also, there’s like *decades* of testimonials from countless people who say vince constantly changes his mind on a whim. It’s not hard to believe in the slightest.

I’m not saying Dave is never wrong, I’m saying I will take his word far more often than talent with a agenda.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » April 15th, 2019, 6:53 pm

I think the problem with wrestling "journalism" is that Dave isn't like a beat reporter that follows the team, is in locker rooms, hear/sees things, etc - he's 100% reliant on sources in the pro wrestling business, and any of us who watches the various shoot interviews, podcasts, etc. knows that the vast majority of people in the pro wrestling business are, to one degree or another, carnies and BS artists. The "talent with an agenda" is often the ones feeding Dave his stories - it's just a matter of which agendas Dave decides to run with.

I mean, it's often been rumored that Paul Heyman was one of the business' top sources for the dirtsheets during the 80's and 90's, and we know how truthful and honest a human being Paul E. is, lol. Again, I don't think Dave himself is a carny or con artist, but unfortunately, to cover this business, most or all of his sources ARE somewhat shifty and dishonest. The problem is, Dave too often tends to go with stories that "fit" what we think Vince's behavior is, rather than ones he can actually support or confirm.

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » April 15th, 2019, 8:51 pm

What agenda would past talent have or current talent? Dave is reporting what he is being reported to. I can do the same thing. Bruce, Eric, etc all carnies. Heyman, Taylor, etc. Does Vince change his mind? sure. is that also an easy out for anything? of course

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » April 15th, 2019, 9:45 pm

Bayley is on Raw, while they are making the Sasha thing a storyline

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » April 17th, 2019, 1:46 pm

While Bayley went to SmackDown from RAW in the 2019 WWE Superstar Shakeup, Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio that Sasha Banks is currently scheduled to stay on the RAW brand.

As we’ve noted, Banks reportedly tried to quit the company during WrestleMania 35 weekend as she was upset over losing the WWE Women’s Tag Team Titles to The IIconics. It was reported that she and Bayley believed they were going to be given a lengthy title run so they could make the belts mean something.

In an update, Banks was also upset over the fact that officials told them that their tag team was going to be split up. Bayley noted in her post-SmackDown interview that she is now a singles competitor on the blue brand.

It was also noted that Banks is currently booked for the Money In the Bank pay-per-view on May 19 from the XL Center in Hartford, CT. As we’ve noted, she was reportedly given some time off to think about her decision.

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » April 17th, 2019, 2:04 pm

Sounds about right. I bet she shows up to the PPV.

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » April 18th, 2019, 12:08 pm

Here's more on this saga per Meltzer:
Regarding Banks, it should be noted that the decision to put the women’s tag titles on The Iiconics was not a last minute decision and many people knew about it in the company. However, Banks & Bayley weren’t told until the day of the show. They were also told at the time that the company was going to drop them as a tag team. I don’t know if they were told about being put on different brands, because WWE keeps that stuff secret from the talent (there may be exceptions for bigger names, but for the most part nobody knows) but they were aware they weren’t going to team up any longer.

So it was the combination of not getting the title run they expected to establish the belts as meaningful and not joke belts, and splitting up their team so quickly that got both of them upset. Bayley was upset but didn’t quit or anything. Banks was given a few weeks off when she tried to quit with the idea of them sorting things out and time off would lead her to wanting to come back.

Despite rumors to the contrary, she was never booked for television this week, at least since WrestleMania. They are hopeful she’ll be back over the next few weeks and she is tentatively booked for the 5/19 Money in the Bank show in Hartford, but nothing is concrete as far as her status. If she returns, she’s scheduled for Raw, because the reason for the split-up is that Bayley was always scheduled to move to Smackdown, a decision that has been the plan for some time even though kept secret until probably whenever they told Bayley she had to stay the extra day in Montreal this week

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » April 21st, 2019, 5:49 pm

Shocker!!! Dirt sheets were wrong!

According to The Dirty Sheets, “The Boss” Sasha Banks has not asked for her release from WWE.

While Sasha is unhappy with her booking and position in the company, the issues between Sasha & WWE are being deliberately exaggerated for storyline purposes. Current plan for Sasha is for her to return as a disgruntled heel.

WWE actually gave permission to Sasha to go on a vacation. This was done so her attitude could improve and it would also aid in her upcoming singles push.

There were some reports that Sasha could win the Women’s Money In The Bank 2019 ladder match next month and now it looks like that could indeed happen.

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » April 21st, 2019, 6:33 pm

Regardless of how it initially started, as soon as Graves acknowledged it on air and made a "take your ball and go home" line, you knew that she wasn't leaving and that it would now be a storyline going forward.

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » April 21st, 2019, 6:46 pm

AJLe wrote:
April 21st, 2019, 6:33 pm
Regardless of how it initially started, as soon as Graves acknowledged it on air and made a "take your ball and go home" line, you knew that she wasn't leaving and that it would now be a storyline going forward.
Yep.

And I have no clue what Dirty Sheets is. I trust Dave’s report. Satin’s report always seemed weird

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » April 21st, 2019, 9:39 pm

The team was always scheuled to break up, it IMMEDIATELY turned into an angle, with both talent tweeting the same. this is the 4th incarnation of the story, no reason to trust any of these people