All Elite Wrestling Promotion Confirmed

lanza218
Site Admin

Re: All Elite Wrestling Promotion Confirmed

Post by lanza218 » January 11th, 2019, 12:22 pm

ICW wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 12:07 pm
The Being the Elite show would've been terrrrribbbllleee.

Opt out is interesting but, honestly, WWE could push them to the moon for those first 6 month then pull their typical bullshit with them in years two and three and they'd be stuck there.
Doubt it. E&C show is the best thing on the network even Hardy Halloween was great. If they are paying they wont hold back. Look at AJ and DB. High paid and that's for a reason.

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » January 11th, 2019, 12:33 pm

Could all that be real? Has anyone ever been offered opt out deals by WWE?
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » January 11th, 2019, 2:30 pm

class316 wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 12:33 pm
I have no idea if it's real, but today's WWE contractual attitude is completely 100% different than what it was during the Monday Night Wars, or even 5-10 years ago. They've licensed TNA footage to air on Network shows, and when Omega first won the IWGP belt, they put up a Hidden Gem match on the Network of Omega winning a developmental match. So I don't think they're nearly as concerned about potential competing organizations as they were back in the day.

But even if it's true, I'm sure low-level NXT signees coming off the indies aren't getting offered opt-outs, but for top-level guys who can instantly draw money on the main roster, they probably figure that if that's what it takes to get them to sign, why not? It would be no different than big money free agents in baseball like Harper and Machado likely getting opt-outs or no-trade clauses in the deals they eventually sign. When you're in a position of leverage, you get contract perks that the average guy doesn't get.

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » January 11th, 2019, 2:31 pm

Honestly dont believe so and if this was offered last year as they should have all these guys would be in wwe

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » January 11th, 2019, 3:03 pm

AJLe wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 2:30 pm
class316 wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 12:33 pm
I have no idea if it's real, but today's WWE contractual attitude is completely 100% different than what it was during the Monday Night Wars, or even 5-10 years ago. They've licensed TNA footage to air on Network shows, and when Omega first won the IWGP belt, they put up a Hidden Gem match on the Network of Omega winning a developmental match. So I don't think they're nearly as concerned about potential competing organizations as they were back in the day.

But even if it's true, I'm sure low-level NXT signees coming off the indies aren't getting offered opt-outs, but for top-level guys who can instantly draw money on the main roster, they probably figure that if that's what it takes to get them to sign, why not? It would be no different than big money free agents in baseball like Harper and Machado likely getting opt-outs or no-trade clauses in the deals they eventually sign. When you're in a position of leverage, you get contract perks that the average guy doesn't get.
Vince still likely has fears that stem from when Rick Rude, Lex Luger, and Alundra Blayze screwed him. I don't think he would take a chance on opt outs. That's my opinion. They might not be as afraid of competition as they used to be, but pretty sure Vince and Triple H want to prevent another WCW from rising up.

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » January 11th, 2019, 3:44 pm

Vince basically signed Goldberg to a six month deal for his last run - not even an opt-out, just a deal where he KNEW that he was only coming on from like Survivor Series to WrestleMania. And he had him basically squash his most protected talent in Lesnar too - all knowing that six months from then, he could go work for another wrestling company.

It's not the 90's anymore - Vince is getting nine-figure checks from Saudi princes, he doesn't worry about stuff like this like he used to.

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » January 11th, 2019, 4:00 pm

AJLe wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 3:44 pm
Vince basically signed Goldberg to a six month deal for his last run - not even an opt-out, just a deal where he KNEW that he was only coming on from like Survivor Series to WrestleMania. And he had him basically squash his most protected talent in Lesnar too - all knowing that six months from then, he could go work for another wrestling company.

It's not the 90's anymore - Vince is getting nine-figure checks from Saudi princes, he doesn't worry about stuff like this like he used to.
Goldberg is also past his prime, not young and with a future ahead of him. So that can't be used as an example.

I also wonder if Vince will still hold events in Saudi Arabia now.

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » January 30th, 2019, 10:06 am

Dave Meltzer reported a number of items concerning the future of All Elite Wrestling's roster on his Wrestling Observer Radio show, and the newsletter guru also discussed Chris Jericho's agreement too.

According to Dave, Jericho will likely continue to work in New Japan; the undoubted marquee signing of AEW's first roster reveal reportedly plans to wrestle Hiroshi Tanahashi at some point, and Meltzer guesses that could only happen in Japan.

In other NJPW/AEW news, it looks like Trent Beretta and Chuck Taylor (collectively known as The Best Friends) are set to leave Japan and sign deals with All Elite. If they do, they'll join Lucha Underground star and current AAA Cruiserweight Champion Sammy Guevara and female star Kylie Rae, who was trained by Booker T. Both are also rumoured as potential signees for the upstart promotion.

The Best Friends, who have also worked in PWG and ROH, would be a good get for All Elite. Right now, SoCal Uncensored are the only true tag-team on AEW's books, so it's smart to try and pad that out with some talent who probably aren't on WWE's radar.

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » January 30th, 2019, 11:18 am

Listening to this now. It sounds like Trent agreed to re-sign with NJPW but backed off at the last second (sounds like there's some heat on him).

Dave also said that AEW would have interest in Dean Ambrose.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » January 30th, 2019, 11:20 am

Thinking Ambrose could be a work. And yes. Trent agreed to sign months ago, and is now backing out

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » January 30th, 2019, 11:49 am

The Young Bucks want Matt Sydal for AEW as well. Jack Swagger also wants to head there but idk if he's a fit (personally speaking)
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » January 30th, 2019, 12:08 pm

Swagger wants MMA. Sydal heard he had offer from WWE as well but just came off surgery. I cant see Impact lasting too much longer as a result of all this

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » January 30th, 2019, 12:12 pm

Swagger invited Omega & the Bucks to his fight, don't see why he couldn't do both. I just don't think he's a fit for AEW, though, can't really explain it.

Sydal should go anywhere but WWE. How many light heavyweight guys head over there and ultimately misused (if used at all)? WWE is an easy pass for me if I'm a smaller guy.

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » January 30th, 2019, 1:08 pm

It depends on whether or not the company sees him as "just a small guy" or not. I mean, Styles and Daniel Bryan aren't really physically much bigger than most of the 205 regulars, but they get used by the company as normal main roster workers who can credibly have a match with anybody big or small, while the 205 guys usually get booked JUST as "small guys". If I was Sydal, I'd be interested in who the WWE wanted to program him with. If he was getting programmed with main roster guys, it would probably be a good move to go back to WWE, but if they just wanted him for 205 live, he can probably do better elsewhere.

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » January 30th, 2019, 1:17 pm

I'd assume it's about $$ as well. Swagger, in past interviews, said wrestling in in his real view. And after winning his 1st MMA fight I'd assume he wants to keep that his focus