Your top 10 meets of 2018

Discuss general topics dealing with the hobby.
Post Reply
User avatar
class316
Marked Out Historian
Posts: 6323
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 1:49 pm

Your top 10 meets of 2018

Post by class316 » December 24th, 2018, 5:49 pm

Since there is no talk of year end awards this year, how about everyone put their top 10 meets for the year. Follow it with auto, photo, or combo.

Here are mine in no particular order

Rick Moranis - combo
Sam Elliott - combo
Warren Beatty - combo
Henry Cavill - combo
Tom Cruise - combo
Terence Stamp - combo
Benedict Cumberbatch - photo op
Steve Perry - photo op
Salma Hayek - combo
Tom Selleck - photo op

My favorite signed item of 2018, practically completing my Ghostbusters laserdisc that I've been working on for about a decade by getting Rick Moranis to sign it

Image
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets


lanza218
Site Admin
Posts: 4662
Joined: March 15th, 2008, 9:25 pm

Re: Your top 10 meets of 2018

Post by lanza218 » December 26th, 2018, 1:34 pm

Weak list. Esp how you got some of these names

ICW
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1539
Joined: August 5th, 2015, 9:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Your top 10 meets of 2018

Post by ICW » December 27th, 2018, 12:05 pm

I was able to meet my top want (sports) wise in Alex Rodriguez. He's probably my top meet of all-time.

Carlos Beltran, Hideki Matsui, Kenny Omega (and the Bullet Club photo op)...I managed to get a lot of top wants. Good year.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

User avatar
WOODMO
Site Admin
Posts: 7271
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 12:46 pm
Location: Long Island, New York

Re: Your top 10 meets of 2018

Post by WOODMO » December 27th, 2018, 3:47 pm

Not a tremendously active year for me, but I had some meets I was happy with.

Acting wise I was happy with Arnold Scharzenegger, Gary Oldman, Martin Lawrence, Timothee Chalamet, Daniel Kaluuya, Richard Dreyfuss, the Boy Meets World cast and Josh Dallas.

Musically I got Joe Budden and G-Eazy who were both pretty big for me.

Wrestling wise I got Ronda Rousey.

Sports my highlights were A-Rod and Gleyber Torres. Shockingly not a single Mets meet in 2018.

User avatar
AJLe
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1322
Joined: March 22nd, 2014, 4:52 pm

Re: Your top 10 meets of 2018

Post by AJLe » December 27th, 2018, 3:47 pm

1. Arnold
2. Four Horsemen group photo op
3. Toshiaki Kawada
4. Aja Kong
5. Bull Nakano
6. Peter Mark Richman
7. Bo, Luke and Daisy Duke group photo op
8. Lee Ving
9. Robbi Morgan costumed/on location F13 photo op
10. Colleen Camp


User avatar
Greg2600
Moderator
Posts: 4984
Joined: November 13th, 2012, 9:00 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Your top 10 meets of 2018

Post by Greg2600 » December 27th, 2018, 4:02 pm

Obviously I met a TON of people this year. I'll break them down in a few categories though, big names or gets that most would want, names that I've wanted for a long time out of nostalgia or whatnot, today's stars everybody was chasing, and then the ones that made Class cry.

BIG names....

Arnold Schwarzenegger, Nick Nolte, Diana Rigg, James Earl Jones, Cast of Superman/Superman II (Terence Stamp, Sarah Douglas, Jack O'Halloran, Marc McClure), Benicio Del Toro, Michael Douglas, Tom Cruise, David Hasselhoff, Billy Crystal, Kevin Kline, Dan Marino/Joe Montana, Emma Thompson, Daniel Radcliffe, Jeff Daniels, Rick Moranis, Jay Leno, Tony Stewart/Jeff Gordon/Jimmie Johnson from NASCAR, and singers Bryan Adams/Lenny Kravitz/Smokey Robinson.

Nostalgic wants....

William Friedkin, Lynda Carter, Jaclyn Smith, Tatum O'Neal, Jane Seymour, Gary Sinise, Anna Chlumsky, Rosie Perez, Joe Mantegna, Pamela Anderson, Alyssa Milano, Tiffani Thiessen, Jennifer Lowe Hewitt, Liv Tyler, Jason Priestley, Edward Furlong, Chris Elliott, Chris Rock, Scott Bakula, Juliette Lewis, Richard Dean Anderson, Peter Farrelly, Tim Robbins, Ice-T, Sinbad, Tom Arnold, Sean Bean, NY Giants Eli Manning and Michael Strahan, Nicholas Lea, Double Dare's Marc Summers, Darlene Love, Sugar Ray Leonard, Michelle Yeoh, the cast of Homicide (incl Belzer), Kevin Pereira from Attack of the Show, the cast of The Sandlot, Dave Goelz aka Gonzo, and all those 1980's cartoon voice actors!

Today's stars.....
Emma Stone, Melissa McCarthy, Justin Theroux, Jason Momoa, Simon Pegg, Taraji Henson, Emily Blunt, Cameron Monaghan, Chloe Grace Moretz, Alexander Skarsgard, Lupita Nyong'o, Elle Fanning, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Kristen Bell, Thandie Newton, John Cena, Ansel Elgort, F1's Lewis Hamilton, and Diego Luna.

Top 10 Class was crying over.....
Candice Bergen
Christopher Guest
Christopher Lambert
Jaleel White
Jamie Foxx
Jane Curtin
Joel Schumacher
John C. Reilly
Josh Brolin
Roseanne Barr
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

User avatar
WOODMO
Site Admin
Posts: 7271
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 12:46 pm
Location: Long Island, New York

Re: Your top 10 meets of 2018

Post by WOODMO » December 27th, 2018, 4:05 pm

Greg2600 wrote:
December 27th, 2018, 4:02 pm
Obviously I met a TON of people this year. I'll break them down in a few categories though, big names or gets that most would want, names that I've wanted for a long time out of nostalgia or whatnot, today's stars everybody was chasing, and then the ones that made Class cry.

BIG names....

Arnold Schwarzenegger, Nick Nolte, Diana Rigg, James Earl Jones, Cast of Superman/Superman II (Terence Stamp, Sarah Douglas, Jack O'Halloran, Marc McClure), Benicio Del Toro, Michael Douglas, Tom Cruise, David Hasselhoff, Billy Crystal, Kevin Kline, Dan Marino/Joe Montana, Emma Thompson, Daniel Radcliffe, Jeff Daniels, Rick Moranis, Jay Leno, Tony Stewart/Jeff Gordon/Jimmie Johnson from NASCAR, and singers Bryan Adams/Lenny Kravitz/Smokey Robinson.

Nostalgic wants....

William Friedkin, Lynda Carter, Jaclyn Smith, Tatum O'Neal, Jane Seymour, Gary Sinise, Anna Chlumsky, Rosie Perez, Joe Mantegna, Pamela Anderson, Alyssa Milano, Tiffani Thiessen, Jennifer Lowe Hewitt, Liv Tyler, Jason Priestley, Edward Furlong, Chris Elliott, Chris Rock, Scott Bakula, Juliette Lewis, Richard Dean Anderson, Peter Farrelly, Tim Robbins, Ice-T, Sinbad, Tom Arnold, Sean Bean, NY Giants Eli Manning and Michael Strahan, Nicholas Lea, Double Dare's Marc Summers, Darlene Love, Sugar Ray Leonard, Michelle Yeoh, the cast of Homicide (incl Belzer), Kevin Pereira from Attack of the Show, the cast of The Sandlot, Dave Goelz aka Gonzo, and all those 1980's cartoon voice actors!

Today's stars.....
Emma Stone, Melissa McCarthy, Justin Theroux, Jason Momoa, Simon Pegg, Taraji Henson, Emily Blunt, Cameron Monaghan, Chloe Grace Moretz, Alexander Skarsgard, Lupita Nyong'o, Elle Fanning, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Kristen Bell, Thandie Newton, John Cena, Ansel Elgort, F1's Lewis Hamilton, and Diego Luna.

Top 10 Class was crying over.....
Candice Bergen
Roseanne Barr
Josh Brolin
Christopher Lambert
Joel Schumacher
Christopher Guest
Jane Curtin
Jamie Foxx
Jaleel White
John C. Reilly
This is a large reason why the awards would be a waste of time this year. Greg completely cleaned up.

ICW
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1539
Joined: August 5th, 2015, 9:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Your top 10 meets of 2018

Post by ICW » December 27th, 2018, 7:12 pm

ICW wrote:
December 27th, 2018, 12:05 pm
I was able to meet my top want (sports) wise in Alex Rodriguez. He's probably my top meet of all-time.

Carlos Beltran, Hideki Matsui, Kenny Omega (and the Bullet Club photo op)...I managed to get a lot of top wants. Good year.
I also met Cena, which was HELL but worth it. Def. in the top 10.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

User avatar
class316
Marked Out Historian
Posts: 6323
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 1:49 pm

Re: Your top 10 meets of 2018

Post by class316 » December 27th, 2018, 10:50 pm

Greg2600 wrote:
December 27th, 2018, 4:02 pm

Top 10 Class was crying over.....
Candice Bergen
Christopher Guest
Christopher Lambert
Jaleel White
Jamie Foxx
Jane Curtin
Joel Schumacher
John C. Reilly
Josh Brolin
Roseanne Barr
haeh? I have Candice Bergen, albeit a hat shot

Image
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets

User avatar
Greg2600
Moderator
Posts: 4984
Joined: November 13th, 2012, 9:00 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Your top 10 meets of 2018

Post by Greg2600 » December 27th, 2018, 11:03 pm

You still whined plenty about not going for her for no hat.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

ICW
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1539
Joined: August 5th, 2015, 9:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Your top 10 meets of 2018

Post by ICW » December 28th, 2018, 12:02 pm

WOODMO wrote:
December 27th, 2018, 4:05 pm
Greg2600 wrote:
December 27th, 2018, 4:02 pm
Obviously I met a TON of people this year. I'll break them down in a few categories though, big names or gets that most would want, names that I've wanted for a long time out of nostalgia or whatnot, today's stars everybody was chasing, and then the ones that made Class cry.

BIG names....

Arnold Schwarzenegger, Nick Nolte, Diana Rigg, James Earl Jones, Cast of Superman/Superman II (Terence Stamp, Sarah Douglas, Jack O'Halloran, Marc McClure), Benicio Del Toro, Michael Douglas, Tom Cruise, David Hasselhoff, Billy Crystal, Kevin Kline, Dan Marino/Joe Montana, Emma Thompson, Daniel Radcliffe, Jeff Daniels, Rick Moranis, Jay Leno, Tony Stewart/Jeff Gordon/Jimmie Johnson from NASCAR, and singers Bryan Adams/Lenny Kravitz/Smokey Robinson.

Nostalgic wants....

William Friedkin, Lynda Carter, Jaclyn Smith, Tatum O'Neal, Jane Seymour, Gary Sinise, Anna Chlumsky, Rosie Perez, Joe Mantegna, Pamela Anderson, Alyssa Milano, Tiffani Thiessen, Jennifer Lowe Hewitt, Liv Tyler, Jason Priestley, Edward Furlong, Chris Elliott, Chris Rock, Scott Bakula, Juliette Lewis, Richard Dean Anderson, Peter Farrelly, Tim Robbins, Ice-T, Sinbad, Tom Arnold, Sean Bean, NY Giants Eli Manning and Michael Strahan, Nicholas Lea, Double Dare's Marc Summers, Darlene Love, Sugar Ray Leonard, Michelle Yeoh, the cast of Homicide (incl Belzer), Kevin Pereira from Attack of the Show, the cast of The Sandlot, Dave Goelz aka Gonzo, and all those 1980's cartoon voice actors!

Today's stars.....
Emma Stone, Melissa McCarthy, Justin Theroux, Jason Momoa, Simon Pegg, Taraji Henson, Emily Blunt, Cameron Monaghan, Chloe Grace Moretz, Alexander Skarsgard, Lupita Nyong'o, Elle Fanning, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Kristen Bell, Thandie Newton, John Cena, Ansel Elgort, F1's Lewis Hamilton, and Diego Luna.

Top 10 Class was crying over.....
Candice Bergen
Roseanne Barr
Josh Brolin
Christopher Lambert
Joel Schumacher
Christopher Guest
Jane Curtin
Jamie Foxx
Jaleel White
John C. Reilly
This is a large reason why the awards would be a waste of time this year. Greg completely cleaned up.
Yup.

If anything, we should post pics of our favorite ops/autographs from this year. Everyone gets cool shit.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

User avatar
WOODMO
Site Admin
Posts: 7271
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 12:46 pm
Location: Long Island, New York

Re: Your top 10 meets of 2018

Post by WOODMO » December 28th, 2018, 3:45 pm

I am kicking around some evolution of the awards to give people a chance to reminisce a bit on the year and post photos, that don't necessarily end in a voting process. I will probably launch something in the next day or two.

User avatar
class316
Marked Out Historian
Posts: 6323
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 1:49 pm

Re: Your top 10 meets of 2018

Post by class316 » December 28th, 2018, 4:10 pm

WOODMO wrote:
December 28th, 2018, 3:45 pm
I am kicking around some evolution of the awards to give people a chance to reminisce a bit on the year and post photos, that don't necessarily end in a voting process. I will probably launch something in the next day or two.
Isn't that what this thread basically is?
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets

User avatar
WOODMO
Site Admin
Posts: 7271
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 12:46 pm
Location: Long Island, New York

Re: Your top 10 meets of 2018

Post by WOODMO » December 28th, 2018, 4:18 pm

class316 wrote:
December 28th, 2018, 4:10 pm
WOODMO wrote:
December 28th, 2018, 3:45 pm
I am kicking around some evolution of the awards to give people a chance to reminisce a bit on the year and post photos, that don't necessarily end in a voting process. I will probably launch something in the next day or two.
Isn't that what this thread basically is?
Yeah but this only deals with one thing


Post Reply