Greg's Final 2018 Freeze-Out (1) Luna, Aquaman, Beale Street

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Greg2600

Greg's Final 2018 Freeze-Out (1) Luna, Aquaman, Beale Street

Post by Greg2600 » December 23rd, 2018, 8:44 pm

As November moved out, I saw that Star Wars: Rogue One star Diego Luna was going to be in town. He was also reported to be doing a prequel series for his character from the film for Disney Plus. I knew where he was going to be at night, but I needed to be up in Greenwich, CT (more on that shortly). That meant I was kind of forced (no pun) to search him out much earlier. I heard about a spot he did that one guy was there only, so I passed by. Seemed dead, so I began to leave, but saw another spot a few blocks away with a lot of SUV’s. I waited a bit, but without knowing his car, didn’t make much sense. I left and stopped at the madhouse spot, and spoke to some people. I quickly realized that WAS his car back there! Good grief. After Laura Prepon went right in and blanked, I drove back over there. Combo Gods shown on me, despite the cold and murky weather, because the car was still there! A few minutes went by, and out he came, and was cool about the photo. I returned for Prepon to leave, but had a bad spot and missed her. Oh well.

From there, I drove up to Greenwich, sitting through a bunch of traffic. The event was at a swank luxury car dealership, Ferrari in particular, featuring driver/announcer David Hobbs. Most don’t know him here, but he has been the color man on Formula One broadcasts for decades. He was signing a book, which I would have bought, but it was $85, which is nuts. Anywho, I arrived and was told it was a private event, but after asking someone else, they left me remain. Hobbs spent a lot of time gabbing, but I was able to get a photo and chat no problem. I stood for his funny speech, and then slipped out.

I drove back through Manhattan, though it was raining a bit at this point, so I tried one more spot, but got there too late. Rachael Dratch was still there speaking to people, so I grabbed a selfie. Somehow I never asked her before.

On another night, I made another failed attempt for Sigourney Weaver. As I approached, there were a ton of people waiting. She got out of her car, signed for about 30 seconds, and then plowed through everyone and went inside. I figured way out was a waste, not to mention it was FREEZING, so I hit an event for “If Beale Street Could Talk.” I was able to easily get young stars Stephan James and Kiki Layne, though my pic with director Barry Jenkins is terrible. I also got co-star Brian Tyree Henry from Atlanta. Layne and James are supposed to be quite successful awards-wise, so we’ll see.

Jenkins

Stephan

Henry

KiKi

On the way back from Wintercon, I drove back through Manhattan, and tried a spot for Nicole Kidman and director Karyn Kusama, but found out they canceled. I then heard about an event that was loaded with stars, so I walked over. There were several I needed to get there, but they were long gone. Regina King was there, so I got a selfie with her, and left. Ironically on the walk over, I spotted Christopher Guest walking by and grabbed another selfie. I checked out the Aquaman spot but it seemed dead. I went to a fairly known location though for star Jason Momoa. There were a ton of people waiting, but I was able to get him finally. After that, with rain coming, I went home.

Momoa

Regina

A few days later, the rain was finally gone, so I tried a spot for Margot Robbie. It was too crowded and she didn’t stop, though I got co-star Joe Alwyn. Later on at night, I was out on the hunt once again, this time having heard of where Amber Heard was located. I tried for her last about 3.5 years ago, and failed. Not for why you think, as Amber is very nice to fans. Back then she was followed everywhere by this pack of women, who also routinely chased Kristen Stewart, for instance. By the time the EIGHT of them went, I couldn’t get her. This time, it was much colder, but there was only a few of us waiting. Finally she exited, and was cool and we got her. Tried for Lin-Manuel Miranda after this, but he garaged it. From there I decided to check out the Cher musical opening, which was a zoo. I got to see Cher at least, ha ha ha. I missed Tina Fey in the sea of people, but got a few scrubbies. Erich Bergen (Jersey Boys), Christine Ebersole (Black Sheep) and comic Kathy Griffin were easy.

Amber

Alwyn

Bergen

Ebersole

Griffin
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

class316
Marked Out Historian

Re: Greg's Final 2018 Freeze-Out (1) Luna, Aquaman, Beale Street

Post by class316 » December 24th, 2018, 6:51 am

ugh...still need Diego Luna, Amber, Guest.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » December 24th, 2018, 8:16 am

Great stuff! Finally on the board with Mamoa

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » December 28th, 2018, 12:52 pm

Great shots. Hopefully you can grab Sigourney Weaver in 2019
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/