Steel City Con December 2018

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Cozmik
Marking Out Amateur

Steel City Con December 2018

Post by Cozmik » December 10th, 2018, 6:26 pm

Most every con I go to involves a lot of traveling one of the great things about Steel City Con is 3 times a year its a short trip for me. The bonus this time every one I wanted was doing table ops which not only saved me money but saved me from one of Steel City Con's few negatives, waiting days to get a digital copy of a photo to come by email.

This time around I had a short list of celebs I wanted to meet and got them all done in a couple of hours.

First off I hit Jerome Flynn, Bronn of Game of Thrones, for a combo plus an additional autograph on a Funko Pop.
Jerome_Flynn_Auto_small.jpg
Jerome_Flynn_photo-small.jpg
Jerome_Flynn_photo-small.jpg (60.54 KiB) Viewed 865 times
Jerome_Flynn_pop.jpg
Jerome_Flynn_pop.jpg (35.73 KiB) Viewed 865 times
Next was Adam Baldwin of Firefly and Independence Day. I had met him at Dragon Con in 2005 and had him sign an 8x10 for my wife's birthday and this was a chance to get an autograph of my own. So again it was combo and a Funko Pop.
Adam_Baldwin_Auto_small.jpg
Adam_Baldwin_photo-small.jpg
Adam_Baldwin_photo-small.jpg (59.95 KiB) Viewed 865 times
Adam_Baldwin_pop.jpg
Adam_Baldwin_pop.jpg (38.54 KiB) Viewed 865 times
Next it was over to the stunning Natalia Cordova of Agents of SHIELD. The camera doesn't do her justice. While I was standing in line I met Joresky for I think the 3rd time and Greg2600 and they pointed out djknightrida, who was standing in another line, to me who I don't think had any idea who I was lol. Asian Dave also stopped by and I got to meet him. Really cool meeting you all. Anyway went for the combo from Natalia, who was super friendly .
Natalia_Cordova_Auto_small.jpg
Natalia_Cordova_photo_small.jpg
Natalia_Cordova_photo_small.jpg (65.68 KiB) Viewed 865 times
And then it was over to Henry Simmons of Agents of SHIELD, also incredibly fan-friendly for another combo. This just leaves Iain De Caestecker as the last of the cast I need. He's rare but maybe someday.
Henry_Simmons_Auto_small.jpg
Henry_Simmons_photo_small.jpg
Henry_Simmons_photo_small.jpg (25.77 KiB) Viewed 865 times
And finally, I had a Funko Pop I needed signed by Brent Spiner. Spiner's line was the slowest I've seen because he was being very talkative with every person waiting to see him. Always a thrill when you meet a celeb who wants to give you some time.
Brent_Spiner_pop.jpg
Brent_Spiner_pop.jpg (34.64 KiB) Viewed 865 times
It was a really fun morning and I really liked meeting all the celebs and the guys from Marked Out.

Joresky

Re: Steel City Con December 2018

Post by Joresky » December 11th, 2018, 10:23 am

Awesome seeing you at the show... great pics and sigs.. especially love that Brent Spiner signed Funko Pop.. very cool :like:

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » December 27th, 2018, 2:40 pm

Awesome stuff, man. I still need to meet Spiner.

I met Michael Dorn and he was a big disappointment.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

Cozmik
Marking Out Amateur

Post by Cozmik » December 27th, 2018, 11:48 pm

ICW wrote:
December 27th, 2018, 2:40 pm
Awesome stuff, man. I still need to meet Spiner.

I met Michael Dorn and he was a big disappointment.
Yeah, the times I've seen Dorn he acted like he was annoyed to be doing cons. Spiner seems to be really enjoying meeting fans these days.