Wintercon, Becky Lynch @ IplayAmerica, Icons Of Wrestling con - 2 out of three ain't bad

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
zuko3984

Wintercon, Becky Lynch @ IplayAmerica, Icons Of Wrestling con - 2 out of three ain't bad

Post by zuko3984 » December 8th, 2018, 10:44 pm

Went to 3 events the past 2 weekends. 2 were good one wasn't so i guess 2 out 3 ani't bad.
Last Saturday went to Wintercon at Resorts World. Had a good time. Decent vendors room. Enough to keep me occupied while I waited for the pro photo op time. I really only went for the cast of the show Lexx. The main three actors from the show were there and they were all really nice. Got an autograph from all three and a photo op with hem plus another actor from the show who was a recurring character. All in all had a good time and got stuff i have been wanting for a long time.
ImageLexx by zuko1312, on Flickr
ImageMe and the cast of Lexx by zuko1312, on Flickr

Friday night i went to the Becky Lynch event at IplayAmerica. First time going to an event there. I found it well organized. Got the Autograph/photo ticket and an extra autograph. Line moved quick and she was really nice and friendly. Got my Evolution Mini belt signed and a metal print that I found on the internet and the photo with her. Good time.
ImageBecky Lynch autographed print by zuko1312, on Flickr
ImageMe and Becky Lynch by zuko1312, on Flickr
ImageBecky Lynch signed mini belt by zuko1312, on Flickr
Saturday was Icons of Wrestling con in Philadelphia. I was originally excited for this one because Edge and Renee Young were going to be there. I really wanted to meet Edge and get his autograph on my Money In The Bank Briefcase. But Edge cancelled which is understandable because his mother died suddenly. So now it was only Renee Young who i wanted to see. I was thinking about bailing on this one because i didn't know if i felt like driving all the way to Philly just for Renee Young. But since i pre-paid for the admission and her auto/photo combo i decided to go. I should have stayed home. It turns out she cancelled. So i drove and paid tolls and gas for really no reason. And they knew she cancelled on Wednesday but didn't issue refunds yet so i got no email about her cancelling. Also the vendor bringing her only put a small post on there own facebook page and didn't post anything about her cancelling on the Icons of wrestling facebook page and Icons website still has her listed as a guest.
These conventions really need to do a better job keeping track of the guests attending and cancelling. I should not have to go to every different vendors facebook page and hope that i catch a post that they make if someone cancels. The convention organizers have no problem putting the guests on the website to entice people to buy tickets but can't be bothered to keep the site up to date when guests cancel.
I ended up getting Charly Caruso auto/photo since i wanted to get something and she was the only one I would want a send of. Everyone else they had I either already have and don't want seconds of or don't want at all.
ImageCharly Caruso by zuko1312, on Flickr
ImageMe and Charly Caruso by zuko1312, on Flickr

mrira
Marked Out Master

Re: Wintercon, Becky Lynch @ IplayAmerica, Icons Of Wrestling con - 2 out of three ain't bad

Post by mrira » December 9th, 2018, 8:34 am

Good stuff. Was Becky's signing really crowded?

zaggs

Re: Wintercon, Becky Lynch @ IplayAmerica, Icons Of Wrestling con - 2 out of three ain't bad

Post by zaggs » December 9th, 2018, 10:27 am

mrira wrote:
December 9th, 2018, 8:34 am
I wasn’t there but the singing did sell out a couple days before the event

zuko3984

Post by zuko3984 » December 9th, 2018, 12:31 pm

mrira wrote:
December 9th, 2018, 8:34 am
It was sold out but it seems like Iplay doesn't oversell like so many other places do. It looks like they sold 220 photo op only tickets and 285 Vip tickets which were for a photo and autograph. That's how many pictures are on the website where you download the photo op.

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » December 9th, 2018, 11:59 pm

Lexx folks were really cool to talk to. As for "Icons," that sucks but it's always been half-assed.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » December 10th, 2018, 11:06 am

zuko3984 wrote:And they knew she cancelled on Wednesday but didn't issue refunds yet so i got no email about her cancelling. Also the vendor bringing her only put a small post on there own facebook page and didn't post anything about her cancelling on the Icons of wrestling facebook page and Icons website still has her listed as a guest.
These conventions really need to do a better job keeping track of the guests attending and cancelling. I should not have to go to every different vendors facebook page and hope that i catch a post that they make if someone cancels. The convention organizers have no problem putting the guests on the website to entice people to buy tickets but can't be bothered to keep the site up to date when guests cancel.
Isn't this the show that RF runs? Sorry to say, but don't expect him to ever go out of his way to do the right thing. He has a long and storied history, both in business and in life, of doing the exact opposite.

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » December 10th, 2018, 1:38 pm

AJLe wrote:
December 10th, 2018, 11:06 am

Isn't this the show that RF runs? Sorry to say, but don't expect him to ever go out of his way to do the right thing. He has a long and storied history, both in business and in life, of doing the exact opposite.
It is RF's show but of all the thing to blame RF on this isn't one of them. Rene Young was a vendor guest. So it is the fault of whoever brought in Rene Young for not publicizing it properly.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » December 10th, 2018, 2:04 pm

From what I read, they knew several days ahead of time that the vendor wasn't bringing Renee in, and never put it on the website. If it's your show, and your show's website, you need to take responsibility for who is and isn't advertised.

If it was a promoter with a squeaky clean reputation, I'd actually agree with you. But RF has such a long, long list of completely shady and deceitful behavior, I give him no benefit of the doubt anymore.

zuko3984

Post by zuko3984 » December 10th, 2018, 7:23 pm

Show promoters have no problem keeping there websites up to date when a guest is added so they can get people to buy tickets. They should do the same when a guest cancels. If they don't want to be bothered keeping things up to date maybe they should not list guests on the website and just have links to the different vendors and say to check with each vendor about who they are bringing. But they wont do that because they want to use the guests to sell tickets and then once they sell the ticket most promoters just don't care anymore who actually shows up. They also know that so many of us (myself included) will probably go to the next show if they announce a good name guest so i guess we have ourselves to partially to blame also.
I'm just annoyed because it probably cost me like $50 in gas and tolls for no reason.

zuko3984

Post by zuko3984 » December 11th, 2018, 12:34 pm

class316 wrote:
December 10th, 2018, 1:38 pm
AJLe wrote:
December 10th, 2018, 11:06 am

It is RF's show but of all the thing to blame RF on this isn't one of them. Rene Young was a vendor guest. So it is the fault of whoever brought in Rene Young for not publicizing it properly.
Well NE Wrestling said they let the promoter know a week before the show that she cancelled. Icons did not take her name down from the website and in fact it's actually still listed on the website. Icons made no attempt at all to tell anyone that she had cancelled. So if NE wrestling is telling the truth which i believe they are then this is all on the convention promoter and i will probably have to think really hard about going to any show run by them no matter who they say they are getting as a guest because i don't know if i can trust them.

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » December 11th, 2018, 3:23 pm

Did you ever hear the story (which was a long thread on this board at the time) about RF doing the forged Piper autographs literally on the day Roddy died?

Without even getting into the Perverted Justice stuff, there's a whole lot of reasons NOT to trust anything RF is involved with.

Anthony18
Marking Out Amateur

Post by Anthony18 » December 15th, 2018, 12:02 pm

Why did Renee cancel?