A Week of Travel to Washington DC, Houston and Las Vegas

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
adelta13
Marked Out Pro

A Week of Travel to Washington DC, Houston and Las Vegas

Post by adelta13 » December 7th, 2018, 7:48 pm

Friday
This long weekend started out on Friday afternoon with a flight on Singer Gloria Estefan and her husband producer Emilio Estefan. At this flight it was me, Class and our buddy. I first spot Emilio waiting for Gloria to come out of a store. I approach Emilio for the photo and he happily takes it. We then approach Gloria and she tells us to go with her to baggage. She starts signing; I get a photo with her but it came out of blurry. I wasn’t sweating it because I figure I’ll see her some more later in the weekend.

Next up is Country legends Brooks & Dunn. As some of you may know or not I am a HUGE country fan. I was pumped to find this flight because they’re rare because they don’t tour anymore. Brooks & Dunn music was what got me in country music. I first see Ronnie Dunn (Lead Vocalist) and I approach him for the photo with. I told him how much I am a fan, and how much this meant to me. He appreciated it, we also got to talking about a collab with one of my favorite country singers. He mentioned they actually finished a collab a few weeks prior! Next up is Kix Brooks, who greeted me with an handshake! I get a photo with him. They were standing close together so I asked for the group shot, they both agreed ! Score! Weekend is made! Anything else will be a bonus!

My buddy, Class and I go to Costco to get something to eat. Next up is a flight on 80s Legend Cyndi Lauper. She comes through, and she told us to follow her to the car. We get on an elevator with her, Class ask for the photo op and she denies stating due to her not wearing any make-up. More on that later! She gets to the car and signs a bunch.

We go another spot where we get denied by Little Big Town, Kristin Chenoweth.

I randomly spot 2018 NL MVP Christian Yelich checking-in. I ask for a photo and he obliges. He wouldn’t sign for the collectors that asked. My buddy and I leave, and check into our hotel for the weekend.

Saturday
We get to the spot early AM where it’s just me, Class and our buddy. We wait for arrivals to come. Jazz Legend Herbie Hancock comes through but I didn’t care to get him. Singer Esperanza Spalding comes through, she signed but wouldn’t take any photos. I didn’t care because I’ve had the photo from the past. Country group Little Big Town comes through and burns everyone. No worries, I have multiple photos with them. Jon Batiste comes through and denies. I get a photo with Edward Vierella. Country Legend and Actress Reba McEntire (Reba, Fancy, etc) comes through and takes care of it for everyone. I get an updated photo with her. I got her earlier this year but I like this photo better. I then get a photo with Andy B of the musical Hamilton. I then get a photo with opera singer Renee Fleming. Gloria Estefan comes through and I get an updated photo with her!! I then get a photo with Alex Lacamoire who was responsible with the musical Hamilton. Hamilton Creator Lin Manuel Miranda wouldn’t stop at all. I then get an updated photo with Yankees Legend Bernie Williams. Next up is Actress Melissa Peterman who plays Barbara Jean in Reba. I then get a photo with Singer Anquilna kidjo. Next up, I get a photo with Actress Kristin Chenoweth. I finally get a photo with S Epatha Merkerson who has played in Chicago Med, Law & Order, etc. I’ve failed on her in the past. Next up is violinist Jennifer Koh. I get a photo with Jon Batiste. We go to another spot where Cher ended up garaging at. Went out to get something eat, then went back to our hotel to rest before trying for exits at another spot. At this spot, we were trying to get actress Amanda Seyfried (Dear John, Mamma Mia, Mean Girls, etc) but unfortunately we never saw her leave. My buddy and I watched another collector wife get into an van with Cher and get 9 things signed. That was painful to watch. After this, we went back to the hotel slept.

Sunday
I get to the spot where there’s a lot of people waiting but I was able to get a front row spot with the thanks of Class. First up is Singer Kelly Clarkson, where she denies. Hillary Scott of Lady Antebellum comes through but burns once again. Half of Little Big Town comes through and burns. The other half’s comes through and deny also! I get a photo with Dave Haywood of Lady Antebellum. Kelly Clarkson comes out and signs for everybody. She was randomly take photos with people I wasn't able to get at this time. More on that later! I get a photo with Actor Christopher Jackson (Hamilton). Failed on Lin-Manuel Miranda again. Radio Personality and recent Dancing with the Stars Bobby Bones comes and wouldn't stop. Actress Amanda Seyfried arrives, and I ask for the photo she says sorry. She then turns around, and says "Fuck It, I'm not sure what my schedule will be like later". So she takes photos and signs for everyone! Hillary Scott burns again, blah. I then get a photo with Charles Kelley of Lady Antebellum. I then get a photo with Actress Renée Elise Goldsberry (Hamilton, The Good Wife, etc).. Saw Actress Phillipa Soo but she wouldn't stop. The Iconic Actress Whoopi Goldberg and takes care of everybody waiting.

Later in the night, we saw the same names over again. Heard Hillary Scott and Bobby Bones did it on the other side which was a punch, oh well! I ended up getting a photo with Thomas Kail, director of Hamilton. I ended up with a photo with Actress Michele Lee (Knots Landing, Along Came Polly, etc). Got a photo with 3x Grammy Winner and Jazz musician Robert Glasper. I ended up with 14x Emmy winner Director Glenn Weiss.

I ordered some food, while obtaining the food I hear Class yelling my name. I go over and KELLY CLARKSON is taking photos with everybody. I grab a spot and she gets up to me. She says "Do you want a photo?". I'm like "YES!" while fumbling my camera! Night was made! Later on in the night, Singer/Actor Adam Lambert exits and I get a photo with him! Next up, I approach Paul Simon of Simon & Garfunkel for a photo and he denies. Cyndi Lauper exits and takes care of everyone for photos and autographs! I upgrade my Amanda Seyfried photo because she was looking really good. I get a photo with former governor of Virginia Mark Warner. I then get a photo with senator Rand Paul, then journalist Jake Tapper. I then get photos with senators Ben Cardin, Steny Hoyer, Jeff Flake. I then get a photo with former college football legend Herschel Walker, I was excited to get that photo! I then got a photo with Actor Anthony Ramos (Hamilton). I then get a photo with Actresses Carmen De Lavallade (Big Daddy, etc), Jasmine Cephas Jones (Hamilton), Phillipa Soo (Hamilton). I then get a photo with musical composer Phillip Glass, who wasn't nice but took the photo. To end the night, I got a photo with singer Denyce Graves.

Monday
Flew to Houston to attend Monday Night Raw.

Tuesday
Took a tour of Minute Maid Park, went out for lunch, then back to the hotel. I was about to fly out from Houston to Las Vegas, and I had 3 hours to burn before I had to go to the airport. I had to find something to do to burn time. I found a country music event that was 3 blocks away from my hotel so I walked over to the venue. Once at the venue, there was 3 women waiting, later joined by 2 local autograph collectors. I get a photo with country singer Justin Moore which was an updated op. I then get a photo with country singer David Lee Murphy (Dust on the Bottle, etc) who was a first time meet. I then get an updated photo with Chris Young, updated photo with Kelsea Ballerini. Before I had to go, I got photos with 3 members of Lanco which included their lead singer.

Wednesday
In Las Vegas, I went and saw Florida Georgia Line in concert. While I was there, I ended up getting a photo with country singer Canaan Smith.

Thursday
Flew from Las Vegas to Baltimore and arrived after a long week of traveling.

Image Emilio Estefan

Image Gloria Estefan #1

Image Ronnie Dunn of Brooks & Dunn

Image Kix Brooks of Brooks & Dunn

Image Brooks & Dunn

Image Christian Yelich

Image Edward Villela

Image Reba McEntire

Image Andy Blankenbuehler

Image Renee Fleming

Image Gloria Estefan #2

Image Alex Lacamoire

Image Bernie Williams

Image Melissa Peterman

Image Angélique Kidjo

Image Kristin Chenoweth

Image E Spatha Merkerson

Image Jennifer Koh

Image Jon Batiste

Image Dave Haywood

Image Christopher Jackson

Image Amanda Seyfried #1

Image Charles Kelley

Image Renée Elise Goldsberry

Image Whoopi Goldberg

Image Thomas Kail

Image Michele Lee

Image Robert Glasper

Image Glenn Weiss

Image Kelly Clarkson

Image Adam Lambert

Image Cyndi Lauper

Image Amanda Seyfried #2

Image Amanda Seyfried #2

Image Mark Warner

Image Rand Paul

Image Jake Tapper

Image Ben Cardin

Image Steiny Hoyer

Image Jeff Flake

Image Herschel Walker

Image Anthony Ramos

Image Carmen de Lavallade

Image Jasmine Jones

Image Phillipa Soo

Image Phillip Glass #1

Image Phillip Glass #2

Image Denyce Graves

Image Justin Moore

Image David Lee Murphy

Image Chris Young

Image Kelsea Ballerini

Image Eric Steedly of Lanco

Image Jared Hampton of Lanco

Image Brandon Lancaster of Lanco

Image Canaan Smith

crossfire
Full Fledged Mark

Re: A Week of Travel to Washington DC, Houston and Las Vegas

Post by crossfire » December 8th, 2018, 2:45 am

Wow. Amazing haul!

16times
Marked Out King

Post by 16times » December 8th, 2018, 2:35 pm

Why is Emilio Estefan asking if you forgot to pack underwear ? :hahaaa:
"Every time you score a photo op, an angel gets his wings!"

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » December 8th, 2018, 5:21 pm

Oh to be young and running around the country again!
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com