Greg-tober #5: Moranis, Chiller, Daltrey, Winger

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Greg2600

Greg-tober #5: Moranis, Chiller, Daltrey, Winger

Post by Greg2600 » November 2nd, 2018, 7:53 pm

Tthe infamous Class316 found some top secret info on the long-time hard to find Rick Moranis of Ghostbusters, Honey I Shrunk the Kids and Spaceballs. We decided to make a go of it. I took an extra chance by not having a friend get my Spaceballs piece signed by Rick at the Alamo City con, thinking maybe he’ll do it in person. We waited and waited for awhile, with Class on somewhat pins and needles but I was pretty calm. Eventually I see Rick rolling through with a companion and alert Class. I was going to approach with “great astonishment,” but Class zipped through and went right to asking for the photo. He replied, “okay guys but make it quick.” Both get it, and they walk off. Class then declares he must try for the graph! So I follow but a bit behind, as I’m not fully comfortable with nagging him a second time. Somehow Class breaks him down, and despite Rick complaining quietly, we get two quick ones.

:hcit: :rockvictory: :combos:

Moranis

Class, my friend Josh, and a few others attempt the Roger Daltrey signing in Manhattan. Our hope was really just to get books signed and maybe decent candid (though invalid) shots. Unfortunately, the store had Roger hidden pretty well, and security were scolding anyone trying to even take candids from the line. This was of course NOT what the rules had stated but I guess Roger was insistent. I did share a couple jokes with him, particularly for his role on the Highlander series. He seemed nice enough, but this signing was pretty lame. After leaving, Josh and I went to a spot for Sandra Bullock, while he said Class remained trying to help some random woman to get a wristband. To our chagrin, Sandra did not arrive early, and eventually the crowd swelled. I then declared this a waste of time (it was), and left, to return home. I got home, and then gathered my stuff and drove to Chiller.

Daltrey

what a slob

I arrived at Chiller and parked closeby for once. I had few wants, and Lanza was not able to come this time. I spotted Andrew from this forum, and we hung out a bit. I made a brief tour of the rooms to check out prices, and I found they were way too high. Really across the board. To make matters worse, they had sandwiched desirable actors Robert Wagner (and his wife), Stefanie Powers, Good Times, and more in the room that Grease had last time. This resulted in a massive line in the hallway just to get in here. I was forced to wait, and then wait even longer, almost 90 minutes, for Powers to return from photo ops. I located Class, and we went in and split Jimmie JJ Walker. Got in the Powers line, where I found a grapher I know who didn’t want the photo, so we each saved 10 bucks on the combo.

JJ

Powers

Moving on, Class and I switcheroo’d Amanda Pays from the old Flash series, while I also got Vincent Curatola aka Johnny Sack from The Sopranos. Got photos with Jeffrey Voorhees aka Jaws “Kinter boy.” I got autographs from Day of the Dead actors Terry Alexander and Jarlath Conroy, while Class got photos with me to cut our costs. Terry informed me that Lori Cardille was probably not going to make it, and later in the weekend I found this would be the case.

Pays

Sack

Kintner boy

Terry

Jarlath

DOTD

We found our way back into the lobby, where I paid for the table op with Carmen Electra, who first, looked incredible still, but for some reason only posed looking to her right, which was odd. I then insisted that I go get T.K. Carter before he left, as he was my #1 want at the show. Got a few bucks off the combo price, and had him sign my The Thing poster. We also got free ops with screen icon Ann Robinson from the 50’s War of the Worlds and Dragnet. She was hard of hearing but very sweet and talkative.

Carmen

T.K.

Ann

That was literally that for me. Had it not been for the ridiculous wait to enter that room, I would have been done in less than 40 minutes total.

In my final October maneuver, I popped in downtown late for basically one spot. However, I foolishly went uptown first for the premiere of the Freddie Mercury movie. It was a mess, with Brian May only signing, and Roger Taylor doing both but I couldn’t get near him. I then left, and headed to the spot for Amanda Peet and Debra Winger. I found Heel Orton and friend there, who informed me that both went in minutes before I arrived. Argh!!! So I waited until they left, and had Amanda sign my Saving Silverman DVD, and grabbed the selfie with Debra. Ironically I just watched Urban Cowboy yet again like the night before, and man she was hot!

Debra

Saving Silverman
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

class316
Marked Out Historian

Re: Greg-tober #5: Moranis, Chiller, Daltrey, Winger

Post by class316 » November 2nd, 2018, 11:55 pm

wow Debra Winger That's not very common!
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

yosemitechris
Marked Out King

Re: Greg-tober #5: Moranis, Chiller, Daltrey, Winger

Post by yosemitechris » November 3rd, 2018, 12:32 am

tons of great legends!