Greg-tober #4: finally got Bakula, Juliette, Bernedette, Mercedes

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Greg2600

Greg-tober #4: finally got Bakula, Juliette, Bernedette, Mercedes

Post by Greg2600 » November 2nd, 2018, 1:54 am

I took a crack at Scott Bakula, at a low key spot. I’ve been a huge fan of his for decades, beginning with Quantum Leap, then Necessary Roughness, and later Enterprise. It was windy and cold, so I had to endure that for awhile. There were a few graphers, but they actually gave up and left. Finally, Scott walked out, and I asked for the photo. He was really nice, and even stood by while I switched pens for him with my hands full. Got him on that Necessary Roughness 8x10 Sinbad signed, and an Enterprise 11x14. Several years ago, he signed a Quantum Leap 8x10 for me TTM.

At another spot, I got a trio of ladies, who I knew from films and such in the 90’s. First was Mary McCormack from Private Parts and later The West Wing. Second was Ricki Lake from Cry Baby, Serial Mom, and her talk show. Third was me finally getting Juliette Lewis from Christmas Vacation, What’s Eating Gilbert Grape, Natural Born Killers and From Dusk Till Dawn. All three were very nice, Juliette even despite a medium-to-large crowd.

Mary

Ricki

Juliette

Prior to Juliette/Ricki, I tried for Rowan Atkinson, aka Mr. Bean. However, I got there too late and he was already in. He did no photos but did sign a few which was annoying because I had a DVD set with me. I had little hope for way out, so I diverted to those ladies instead. Following getting Juliette and Ricki, I tried another spot, for Mercedes Ruehl from Big, Last Action Hero, and Gia. She, like Juliette in the past, had denied me, but this time was super nice. While waiting for her, I spot Eve Plumb aka Jan Brady walk by randomly, and get a photo. I then walk back to my car. On the way, I see a woman who looks a LOT like Daisy Ridley, and even spoke with an English accent, walking by with a boyfriend. I tried to get a better look, but they popped into their hotel around the corner. After a Google, I figured it was not her as her actual boyfriend is my height if not taller, and this guy was much shorter than me. Whoops!

Eve

Mercedes

On another journey, I tried for Atkinson again but he blanked, pretty much confirming his reputation as a miserable man. Then I went to a small festival for Virginia Madsen from Highlander II and Candyman, who I’d passed on at a Chiller years ago. She was nice, and while there I got an update with Michael Chiklis. Drove some friends back to the Rowan spot, so they could get Gerard Butler.

Virginia

Chiklis

They all departed, so I drove uptown to wait on Molly Ringwald. While I was keeping warm in the car, I did some searching and saw that there was an event way downtown featuring a number of people I needed plus Keith Richards! I bailed on Molly and drove down there. I arrived to a spot devoid of collectors, which I felt was strange. Within 15-20 minutes, a slew of dealers arrived, but we all quickly realized that Keith was long gone, and they all left. I remained, and a couple others arrived. On the way out, we got photos with Sela Ward, former model Christy Turlington, former NY Giant Tiki Barber, stage and screen star Bernadette Peters, former Olympic skater Scott Hamilton, and singer Alexa Ray Joel (Billy’s daughter). Former model/actress Iman and Carol Alt we didn’t see, and as it was getting late, we all went home. My Sela photo was a bit blurry, despite trying twice with her. I think the dumb jacket I was wearing was too reflective with the flash or something, so I had the grapher take my other photos, which came out somewhat okay. Peters is probably the biggest name for me, as I loved her in Annie.

Sela

Tiki

Christy

Scott

Alexa

Bernedette
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

lanza218
Site Admin

Re: Greg-tober #4: finally got Bakula, Juliette, Bernedette, Mercedes

Post by lanza218 » November 2nd, 2018, 7:58 am

Great on The Commish. Still need that guy