Greg-tober #2: Pennsy Meets for The Sandlot and RetroCon

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Greg2600

Greg-tober #2: Pennsy Meets for The Sandlot and RetroCon

Post by Greg2600 » October 31st, 2018, 4:26 pm

The Sandlot

I agreed to drive a NYC collector I knew out to The Sandlot event in Langhorne, PA. I picked her up in Secaucus and started driving, making it down there pretty quick, around 5:15pm. Another friend of mine was already there, so we picked up our tickets and cut in line with her. I briefly chatted with mikeyicon and a couple other people I knew in the line. Photos began, and moved fairly quickly. The JPEG quality was great, but they had all eight team members, plus the other two, in all the photos. They also had a ridiculous standee printed of the dog from the movie there. This all limited where you could stand. They had the camera on a table, but I was way too close, and they barely fit all the actors in there. The dog was barely visible due to the flash. I appreciated that they were standing and not sitting, but this setup was dumb. I wore a Dodgers hat so I could be the “Benny the Jet” in that photo.

After the photo, we got into a second line for the autographs, which was a long, long wait. In addition to the ladies, ironically I got into that line right after a fellow Indy car fan who I hang with at Pocono every year. Small world. We finally got back into the store around 8:25PM. I opted to have Marley Shelton sign an 8x10 from Planet Terror, and didn’t get Wil Horneff on the poster. I wanted to keep it to team members only. So that included Chauncey Leopardi, Grant Gelt, Shane Obedzinski, Victor DiMattia, Marty York, Brandon Adams, Tom Guiry, and Patrick Renna. The store staff were really chill, and pretty much allowed table ops with everyone. We wound up waiting until the end, because our 8x10’s didn’t print, although they took our emails down. Did get the jpeg by the next day though. Anyway, while waiting we got standing photos with pretty much everyone we wanted, as well. The guys were really funny, and you could tell in many cases they are still good friends. Marley actually left around 9PM, but she went into the mall and did combos for anyone in the line who still hadn’t gotten in yet.

Marley

Chauncey

Patrick

Guiry

York

Brandon

Grant

Vic and Shane

Wil

Retro-Con

Image Image

Tim Clarke

Mark Watts

I really had no interest in dragging myself back down to Oaks, PA for Retro Con this year. That was until Melendy Britt suffered an injury, and Celebworks was able to replace her with BJ Ward! This was really a boon for me, because I missed BJ years back, and was told she had retired from public signings. I had a few friends who went there again for Cybertronic Spree, and did them a favor by printing some stuff at Costco for them. I got there in no time, and went on in. The handler couldn’t do much for me discount wise, I assume because they had to pony up some more $ to get Ward there. BJ was friendly but wasn’t too talkative. In any case, she signed my Voltron DVD’s and my GI Joe foot locker DVD, and I got a few nice photos.

BJ
Image Image

Yo-Joe
Image Image

Voltron

I stopped by Garry Chalk’s table and struck up a cool conversation, mostly about his episode of Sliders and a few other shows, then got a $10 photo. Before leaving, I chatted with my friends as well as talked Transformers toys with Mark Watts. Also spoke about Fraggle Rock with Tim Clarke, who designed and built one of them. That was pretty much that. On the way home, I stopped at a rare sight, a NASCAR-collectible store in Riverside, NJ. I needed some Dale Jr. merch pronto, and this guy had a ton of it. Later that evening I hit the Phil Collins concert, also in Newark, and greatly enjoyed it. Phil was probably THE rock/pop name for me of the 80’s.

Chalk
Image Image
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

crowbar
Marked Out King

Re: Greg-tober #2: Pennsy Meets for The Sandlot and RetroCon

Post by crowbar » October 31st, 2018, 4:33 pm

awesome stuff

mikeyicon
Marked Out Pro

Post by mikeyicon » October 31st, 2018, 9:16 pm

nice job on the Sandlot photos, it was an amazing event! I was more than happy with the group photo and the solo shots with my son. I would have liked to be in the solo photos, but it's all bonus anyway. Good seeing you there!

Joresky

Post by Joresky » November 1st, 2018, 2:26 pm

Awesome stuff!!! :like: :like: Hope these Sandlot actors make more appearances

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » November 3rd, 2018, 2:19 pm

Damn, in hindsight one could have held someone else's item and gotten free table ops with all Sandlot folks!
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

yosemitechris
Marked Out King

Post by yosemitechris » November 3rd, 2018, 2:23 pm

great photos

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » November 4th, 2018, 1:42 am

class316 wrote:
November 3rd, 2018, 2:19 pm
Damn, in hindsight one could have held someone else's item and gotten free table ops with all Sandlot folks!
Or just asked them as they walked out of the store.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » November 5th, 2018, 7:33 pm

Wow, awesome stuff! I love the Sandlot and I think the group photo came out so well! I also dig the GI Joe footlocker
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/