JOresky's Baltimore Comic Con and Monster Mania 41 Report

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Joresky

JOresky's Baltimore Comic Con and Monster Mania 41 Report

Post by Joresky » October 11th, 2018, 11:29 am

A couple weekends ago I attended two conventions that were pretty much in my backyard. This was the weekend before my annual New York Comic Con trip. On Friday night I hit up Monster Mania 41 in Hunt Valley, MD. My top names for this con were actress Sheryl Lee (TVs Twin Peaks) and Nicholas Hamilton (Stephen King's IT) but unfortunately they both cancelled. I still decided to attend because I still had a couple wants and this con was very close to my house. I decided to get the makeup and costume pic dual pro op with actors Sid Haig and Bill Moseley. They were dressed as their characters Captain Spaulding and Otis from Rob Zombie's House of 1000 Corpses. I made sure to leave for the con early because the photo was at 5:45 pm. I got in line for the photo op and when I saw them I was very happy I decided to buy this photo op. Their costumes and makeup looked amazing. The photo came out really well and then I went to the main celebrity room. I got in line for actor Jonathan Breck (The Creeper in the Jeepers Creepers movies). I got a photo signed and took a photo with him. He held up the Creeper head for every photo which was cool. After this I got my pro op with Sid Haig and Bill Moseley signed for free by Sid Haig and I got another photo with him. After this I got the pro op signed by Bill Moseley and he charged me $20 to sign it and he took another photo with me as well. Lastly before I left the room I got an in costume photo with actor Eugene Clark (Big Daddy in Romero's Land of the Dead). Everyone else at the con I had already so I chose not to pay for any more celebrity meets at the con. While I was hanging out with my friend I scored updated photos with Bonnie Aarons, Larry Zerner, Toy Newkirk, Vinny Appice, G Tom Mac and Jamison Newlander. I had a great time hanging out with friends and scoring photos and no stress environment.

The next day I attended the Baltimore Comic Con in Baltimore, MD. My main want at this con was an upgraded photo with Star Trek TNG and Big Bang Theory actor Wil Wheaton. I also needed some comic book names including Tom Grummett and Klaus Janson (Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns). When I arrived at the con I met up with my friend Troy and we went to watch the Wil Wheaton panel upstairs. This was very cool because Star Trek The Next Generation is my favorite show. Wil said he would love to be in the new Picard TV series if he is asked (so far he hasn't been). After this I went back to the convention floor to get my professional photo with Wil Wheaton. I am pleased with the way it came out. I wore my Big Bang Theory shirt for the op. After this I met some comic book names including Tom Grummett, Klaus Janson, Karl Kesel, John Ostrander, Jose Delbo and Billy Martin (also the guitarist for Good Charlotte). I got some Superman comics signed by Grummett and Kesel and both of them didn't charge for signatures (I donated a couple bucks to their charity bin). For Klaus Janson I bought a cool Batman art print for $10 and I got a Wonder Woman comic signed by Delbo. I was very fortunate that there were no lines for the people I wanted to meet. After this I walked around and enjoyed the con. I saw Greg and Tony at the show, it was really cool seeing them. The good thing about smaller cons is I can relax and enjoy myself more, a luxury I wouldn't have at New York Comic Con the following week where there are so many celebrities that there is no time to breathe. Overall I had a fun and convenient weekend (both cons near my house).
photowilwheaton.jpg
Me and actor Wil Wheaton
photobillymartin.jpg
Me and guitarist/comic book artist Billy Martin
phototomgrummett.jpg
Me and comic book artist Tom Grummett
photoklausjanson.jpg
Me and comic book artist Klaus Janson
photokarlkesel.jpg
Me and comic book writer Karl Kesel
photojosedelbo.jpg
Me and comic book artist Jose Delbo
photojohnostrander.jpg
Me and comic book artist John Ostrander
photosidhaigbillmoseley.jpg
Me and actors Sid Haig and Bill Moseley
photojonathanbreck.jpg
Me and actor Jonathan Breck
photoeugeneclark.jpg
Me and actor Eugene Clark
photovinnyappice.jpg
Me and drummer Vinny Appice
phototoynewkirk.jpg
Me and actress Toy Newkirk
photosidhaig.jpg
Me and actor Sid Haig
photobillmoseley.jpg
Me and actor Bill Moseley
photolarryzerner.jpg
Me and actor Larry Zerner
photogtommacjamisonnewlander.jpg
Me and signer G Tom Mac and Jamison Newlander (The Lost Boys)
photobonnieaarons.jpg
Me and actress Bonnie Aarons
autosidhaigbillmoseley.jpg
Sig Haig and Bill Moseley signed photo op
autojonathanbreck.jpg
Jonathan Breck signed photo
autobillymartin.jpg
Billy Martin signed CD
autobillymartin2.jpg
Billy Martin signed CD
autobillymartin3.jpg
Billy Martin signed comic book
autojosedelbo.jpg
Jose Delbo signed comic book
autoklausjanson.jpg
Klaus Janson signed art print
autotomgrummettkarlkesel.jpg
Tom Grummett and Karl Kesel signed comic book
autotomgrummettkarlkesel2.jpg
autotomgrummettkarlkesel3.jpg
autotomgrummettkarlkesel4.jpg
autotomgrummettkarlkesel5.jpg

ICW
Marked Out Master

Re: JOresky's Baltimore Comic Con and Monster Mania 41 Report

Post by ICW » October 11th, 2018, 11:39 am

Incredible stuff, man. I love that dual photo op.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

Joresky

Post by Joresky » October 11th, 2018, 2:17 pm

ICW wrote:
October 11th, 2018, 11:39 am
Incredible stuff, man. I love that dual photo op.
Thanks

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » October 11th, 2018, 2:31 pm

Great stuff - and I love your t-shirt!

Joresky

Post by Joresky » October 11th, 2018, 2:51 pm

AJLe wrote:
October 11th, 2018, 2:31 pm
Great stuff - and I love your t-shirt!