My Road to Perdition was Stranger Than Fiction

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Greg2600

My Road to Perdition was Stranger Than Fiction

Post by Greg2600 » September 9th, 2018, 4:39 pm

To start off September, I did a few night NYC trips. There really hasn’t been that much going on lately, as I mentioned in my last report. I went to a spot for Rob Lowe, but he ignored everyone so I left. Hit another spot where I hoped to see a few TV actors and Dan Hedaya. The film was direct to video though, meaning there was no budget for flying anymore in. Unfortunately, after waiting and waiting, it was clear they all no-showed, which stunk because the ones I wanted lived locally! D’oh. Turns out the film’s director was related to Isabella Rossellini (Blue Velvet), because the entire family showed up, and she did a few photos.

Following that, journeyed to another easy spot where I needed a graph and a photo. The autograph was from Dana Delany (had the photo), as I was a big fan of China Beach as a pre-teen, so I had her sign that. I wanted the photo with Ana Villafañe, who starred as Gloria Estefan on Broadway for a while. That place was too crowded, but who knows, might be a TV star soon, and I do fancy her!

Next tried a spot hoping to see Maggie Gyllenhaal, but I don’t think any celebrity showed up. Not wanting to bother with any of the NY Fashion Week craziness, the night ended with another low key spot for low key names. Here I wanted photos with Michael Gaston, who played the mysterious pickup truck guy in The Leftovers, and Lisa Emery, who has been just fantastically devilish as Darlene Snell on The Ozark. They left and were both very nice, with Lisa really digging that I binged the second season so quickly.

Oh, and Rob Lowe denied everyone leaving too, prick.

The next night, as the humidity remained in full force, back again. Sought out a few ladies from Stranger Than Fiction. This time I knew a spot that Maggie Gyllenhaal definitely would be at, as well as one for Emma Thompson. I parked and walked a bit to the Maggie spot, and waited. Well a few of us waited for like an hour, before she finally showed up and denied! So that made me like 0 for 9 on her. Just have the worst luck with Maggie’s! At that point, it began raining. I hustled to the car and got a bit wet, and then it really poured for 15 minutes or so. I moved my car much closer and waited for her exit. In the meantime, it’s getting very close to arrival for Emma Thompson about 20 minutes east. After an eternity, Maggie leaves, and to my shock, happily signs for the guy next to me, and I get the selfie. I get in the car and drive east, but Emma has already entered, and did it for everybody out there. So I wait and wait, and the crowd finally starts to leave. Most everyone just stood in a big line on one side, but a few where on the other side. I see her coming, and don’t make a move, as an extremely rude/annoying old grapher on a bike kept going from the front to the rear of the venue looking for her. I wait for him to head to the back, out of sight, then I go. Nobody else followed, just stood there. Her publicist didn’t want her to stop, though Emma agreed to the photo. The first one she got startled by the other lady, and didn’t look, then did another which was fine. I got worried because this other fool from Australia was there , and he takes pap photos and gets celeb ops, so his pap shots often flash in your face. Idiot. Anyhow, with that, I went on home.

Last thing I did on the week, hit up Heroes and Villains for Tyler Hoechlin. I knew someone who wasn’t going, so I used his pass. I noticed that even by midday, the parking was pretty full, and the crowd inside was decently sized. I got in his table line, but he was on break for awhile. The line moved quick, and I got the photo. Then spoke about Paul Newman, who he worked with in Road to Perdition. After that I chatted with the Thunderbuddies for a bit, and then left.

The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

class316
Marked Out Historian

Re: My Road to Perdition was Stranger Than Fiction

Post by class316 » September 9th, 2018, 5:12 pm

Wow Maggie Gyllenhaal and Emma Thompson. Ughhh
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » September 10th, 2018, 1:11 am

Pay to play!

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » September 10th, 2018, 1:24 am

Shoulda come up for Heroes, cause Emma's around today in NYC, too.

Joresky

Post by Joresky » September 10th, 2018, 8:55 am

Awesome scores! Its nice to see Maggie Gyllenhaal isn't completely impossible (she's denied me every time I've seen her)

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » September 10th, 2018, 10:52 am

Joresky wrote:
September 10th, 2018, 8:55 am
Awesome scores! Its nice to see Maggie Gyllenhaal isn't completely impossible (she's denied me every time I've seen her)
She's been a lot "friendlier" of late. Apparently prefers the "way out" as well.

MrTonyRuben
Marked Out Pro

Post by MrTonyRuben » September 10th, 2018, 1:08 pm

Great stuff, Greg! Stranger Than Fiction is one of favorites that I like to re-watch, so it's pretty cool you got Maggie & Emma on the same night!