Hazzard County Comes to Steel City Con

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
AJLe
Marked Out Master

Hazzard County Comes to Steel City Con

Post by AJLe » August 11th, 2018, 11:14 pm

Made the (relatively) short drive to Monroeville, PA for the Steel City Con, mainly to get the elusive group pic of the surviving Dukes of Hazzzard family - Bo, Luke, and Daisy. And while there, get a complete 8x10 of the three.

Got to the show for opening, and was able to get John Schneider and Tom Wopat graphs fairly quick, and Catherine Bach came down an hour later, and I got through her line pretty painlessly as well. I then had SEVERAL hours to kill, since the photo ops weren't until 3:30. I walked to the nearby mall for lunch, then sat in on the Dukes panel. Unlike the disaster that the Four Horsemen ops in Knoxville, this photo op was in my hand minutes after it was taken, so I was on the road home by 4:00. All and all, a relatively painless trip to get a top want. Yee-ha!

Dukes Panel

Dukes 8x10

Dukes group photo op

Greg2600

Re: Hazzard County Comes to Steel City Con

Post by Greg2600 » August 11th, 2018, 11:28 pm

Yee Haw!
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

Cozmik
Learning To Mark Out

Post by Cozmik » August 12th, 2018, 2:36 pm

Nice! Catherine Bach had some of the longest lines when I was there on Friday. Tom Wopat was sitting at his booth playing guitar and singing.

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » August 12th, 2018, 7:09 pm

Cozmik wrote:
August 12th, 2018, 2:36 pm
Nice! Catherine Bach had some of the longest lines when I was there on Friday. Tom Wopat was sitting at his booth playing guitar and singing.
It was weird seeing the disparity in the lines - Bach had the consistently longest (she came down later than the guys, but she never really burned through her line on Saturday), Schneider did good business all day, but most of the time you could walk right up to Wopat. I get it that the pretty girl who every male Dukes fan had a crush on would have the longest line, but it was weird that so many people would apparently need to get Bo but NOT Luke on stuff?

flarrow17
Marking Out Amateur

Post by flarrow17 » August 12th, 2018, 7:45 pm

AJLe wrote:
August 12th, 2018, 7:09 pm
Cozmik wrote:
It was weird seeing the disparity in the lines - Bach had the consistently longest (she came down later than the guys, but she never really burned through her line on Saturday), Schneider did good business all day, but most of the time you could walk right up to Wopat. I get it that the pretty girl who every male Dukes fan had a crush on would have the longest line, but it was weird that so many people would apparently need to get Bo but NOT Luke on stuff?
Maybe people needed Schneider on Smallville stuff

yosemitechris
Marked Out King

Post by yosemitechris » August 12th, 2018, 9:23 pm

love this post, that is such a great group pic. i meet them years back at a duke's fest in little rock.

Jason1980s
Marked Out Pro

Post by Jason1980s » August 13th, 2018, 3:23 pm

AJLe wrote:
August 12th, 2018, 7:09 pm
Cozmik wrote:

That would confuse me, too. I've heard Tom was a pretty nice guy (all three are!) but always viewed him as tough because he didn't do thru mail and didn't seem to do appearances until recently. Great picture with them, too!!
Book WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Valiant for your event!!
PM me!

http://www.jimmyvaliant.weebly.com/

Meet WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Valiant ANY Sunday 12 noon to 4 PM at Boogie's Wrestling Camp located at
2916 Alleghany Springs Road in Shawsville Virginia. Free of charge!

"I'll never forget what the WWE took away from me. I also want to say I'll never forget all the great things they gave to me"-Bret Hart

CubsFanKEC1982
Full Fledged Mark

Post by CubsFanKEC1982 » August 14th, 2018, 10:32 pm

Well, Tom Wopat has been in some serious legal limbo of late. So, that may factor in.