Capman is coming to NYCC..well not exactly

Discuss general topics dealing with the hobby.
capman
Marked Out Pro

Capman is coming to NYCC..well not exactly

Post by capman » August 9th, 2018, 5:27 pm

So I am not sure who exactly knows who this is but, ALex Ross, a fantastic artist who became famous for his DC/MArvel art and whom I have been waiting for to come back around for YEARS ( at least 10 or so), is finally coming to NYCC, but NOT coming to NYCC. Allow me...

So it appears he has a new book Marvelogy Book coming art with all the art of the Marvel characters he has done. They announced he is coming for panel and a signing of his new book. In a strange twist I don't normally see - You could pay for the signing only and not just the panel ( $10 less) and get the book ( which i don't care about as much) , exclusive Black Panther print and ONE personal item signed. I have been wanting to get my poster that I bought in 1996 so I am excited. Plus, I did not need a pass for NYCC ( is that normal?)

Who is going to join me in line and entertain me which their frustration of how this "NYCC sucks" and so forth??? ( no seriously,keep me company). Here is the poster Im getting signed.

https://www.showclix.com/event/marveloc ... dd/listing
Attachments
poster-kingdomcome.jpg

Greg2600

Re: Capman is coming to NYCC..well not exactly

Post by Greg2600 » August 14th, 2018, 1:37 am

You don't need a NYCC pass, because it's not in one of their venues, it's a couple blocks away. Ross is a great artist, but $65 for the autograph is a bit much. Also, the book is Marvel, and to me he was always more a DC guy.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

capman
Marked Out Pro

Re: Capman is coming to NYCC..well not exactly

Post by capman » August 14th, 2018, 8:18 am

Oh that book will be sold as far as I am concerned, but he NEVER comes to NYC so It was now or whenever. Well worth the price considering he was selling that poster ( I have ) signed on his website during xmas for $100. I was in Panama and was gone within a day.