Marked Out Kneels Beside Zod

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Greg2600

Marked Out Kneels Beside Zod

Post by Greg2600 » July 9th, 2018, 12:10 pm

I had some premium top secret info on the great Terence Stamp, who made a highly rare appearance in New York. I heard he was both in lousy health, and that he was ultra friendly. On greeting him, I quickly ascertained that was half correct. He seemed fine, mentally and physically, and was very courteous. He signed that Zod group 8x10 I started at Eternal Con, cracked a few jokes, and took the photo!

Mr. Stamp was appearing at a small film house as well, this time to do an impromptu book signing for his latest memoir, “The Ocean Fell Into The Drop.” I read it as it was pretty short. Basically it’s a collection of anecdotes that span most of his life. He was very big into meditation and yoga, traveled the world many times over, and seemed to meet rather famous people as would Forrest Gump. Anywho, despite the short notice, Asian Dave :asiandave: decided to make the drive to try for him all the way from Pittsburgh. Lanza :lanza: was also in, though from much closer.

Dave was nice enough to pick me up, and of to Manhattan we went. I tried to navigate as best I could, and somehow we pull up literally as Stamp is walking in from his taxi! There were like 5 or 6 local graphers that he was signing for, and Lanza got in there to get the book and a figure signed. I took his photo. Dave jumped in to get a Star Wars figure signed, which is embarrassing! The man has done so many great films/roles. Dave’s attempt at a photo was foiled by the dweeb who was handling the event, literally with a hand.

Lanza is done, and after we gab for awhile, he goes on home. Dave and I stay for the book signing, which was decently attended, though mainly from the people inside watching the film. One again, the dweebs said NO extras, so we just had him sign the book and took photos. He was gracious as always. On the way out, we asked him to sign, and he did for my Limey 8x10 (I printed a foreign title L’Anglais as I thought that was cooler), and Dave finally got a proper figure signed, the giant Zod! With that, we chatted with a NY master for awhile, then left. Grabbed a super late dinner, and dropped home.

Mattress Delivery?

Stamp seated

Lanza meets Stamp
Image Image

Asian Dave blocked, but meets Stamp

Greg meeting Stamp

Marked Out

Zeeeee Graphs

The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: Marked Out Kneels Beside Zod

Post by WOODMO » July 9th, 2018, 12:15 pm

Great job fellas!

capman
Marked Out Pro

Post by capman » July 9th, 2018, 12:21 pm

Wonderful!

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » July 9th, 2018, 1:35 pm

It will be a while before my report, but here's when I was able to KNEEL BEFORE ZOD

That giant ZOD figure is pretty bad ass. I agree his health seemed fine. Hope we are all so lucky when we push 80.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

Raza01
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Raza01 » July 10th, 2018, 1:57 pm

Awesome report!!