June meets and failures including an inconceivable list

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Hbklique1
Marking Out Amateur

June meets and failures including an inconceivable list

Post by Hbklique1 » July 9th, 2018, 12:07 am

I’m a little behind as the last few weeks have been busy but here’s June’s recap

San Francisco comic con

Highlights were Nolan North and Wallace Shawn. When I met Nolan he was very personable and chatty. Signed my figs and was in and out. Due to timing was trying to figure out if it’d be quicker to pay for the pro op or wait in line for a table op. Luckily as soon as I was done with Nolan’s line, Wallace’s line for pro ops was starting. The price was exactly the same so I jumped in his line. Got up and greeted me and spent a few secs with chit chat. While I never expect that for pro ops, it’s always appreciated. Next up was my fail for the month in Fandemic

Now I usually don’t pay for a vip for only one guest, but I took the chance as Batista was announced and he’s starting to become my white wale due to him cancelling sacramento twice and Portland once. While the guest list was great, there wasn’t anyone I needed so I just wandered the floor since I had a vip pass. The swag bag was probably the best I’ve received from doing a vip experience. Included: metal lunch box, portable water bottle, mints, sanitizer, headphones and a mystery vinyl toy. Now that was done, it was off to the long road trip.

To cap off the month, I drove to LA( 12 hour round trip) to meet Chris Jericho. The drive was pretty boring but I was able to catch up on some podcasts. I make it there about an hour before the signing and there already seemed to be a few hundred people in line. I jumped in line and waited until the man of the hour showed up. Jericho ran about 20 minutes late but once he started, the line was keeping a steady pace. About an hour and a half later, it was my turn and Jericho was polite and I mentioned to him that I enjoyed his podcast and liked his guests with the paranormal( something different and interesting to hear). I get my photo and figures signed, then made the trek back home. This was one of the more organized signing lbs I’ve been to and seems to be the first time anyone actually had their own paint pens to choose from.
Attachments
F863A469-BF14-4475-BF55-686FAD45D413.jpeg
8699ADE0-03F2-48F6-8BB1-EDFC6E4C79F8.jpeg
9E5B2D0B-B11B-4B51-B0D0-DE8392C56C2D.jpeg
AC69B3A1-B270-432A-ADC3-97FD1DC8AE93.jpeg

lanza218
Site Admin

Re: June meets and failures including an inconceivable list

Post by lanza218 » July 9th, 2018, 6:44 am

Jericho sigs really look great

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » July 9th, 2018, 12:03 pm

Awesome stuff!

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » July 9th, 2018, 12:07 pm

Gasp!! 24 hours on the road! Results were great though. Sucks about Batista but with Marvel they seem to be constantly filming.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com