Michael Giacchino, Will.I.Am and more in Washington DC

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Joresky

Michael Giacchino, Will.I.Am and more in Washington DC

Post by Joresky » June 4th, 2018, 9:54 am

This past Saturday I went to Washington DC for a couple names. My top want at this spot was composer Michael Giacchino who has composed the music for lots of great movies including Star Trek (reboot), Star Trek Into Darkness, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, Jurassic World, Up and more. My second want was an upgrade photo with actor John Cho (Sulu in new Star Trek movies, Harold in Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle) but unfortunately I found out Cho decided to only come for the first night of the event and to skip the second night. I decided to skip entrances to save time and I showed up around 9ish and we waited for the event to finish. The first name we ended up getting was Will.I.Am from the Black Eyed Peas who came out a side door. I already had Will twice so this was just an updated photo for me. He was very cool as usual and took care of everbody (all four of us) that were waiting. Next we spotted Claudio Sanchez lead singer of Coheed and Cambria in the lobby and I got an updated photo with him (already met him a few times in the past). After this we saw composer Michael Giacchino (my main want) coming out and he was super nice and took care of all of us. I got a photo and my Rogue One soundtrack signed. After this we spotted author Nick Sagan (son of famous sci-fi author Carl Sagan) coming out and we got photos with him as well. He was nice as can be. Lastly, we spotted singer Grace Potter walking out and we all got photos with her as well. I already met Grace years ago so this was just an update for me. Overall, it was an easy night but it sucks that I didn't get my upgrade shot with Cho. Oh well, win some and lose some.
photomichaelgiacchino.jpg
Me and composer Michael Giacchino
photonicksagan.jpg
Me and author Nick Sagan
photowilliam.jpg
Me and Will.I. Am, singer of Black Eyed Peas
photogracepotter.jpg
Me and singer Grace Potter
photoclaudiosanchez.jpg
Me and singer Claudio Sanchez
automichaelgiacchino.jpg
Michael Giacchino signed CD

crowbar
Marked Out King

Re: Michael Giacchino, Will.I.Am and more in Washington DC

Post by crowbar » June 4th, 2018, 10:35 am

Giacchino is a legend, nice

oldschoolwwwf
Marked Out Master

Post by oldschoolwwwf » June 5th, 2018, 9:59 am

Explain the necessity for the "update" shot...what is different about him now then the picture you already have? For someone who claims to have stepped back from the hobby, you seem awfully disappointed that you didn't meet someone again that you probably already have a perfectly good picture with.

Joresky

Post by Joresky » June 5th, 2018, 2:20 pm

oldschoolwwwf wrote:
June 5th, 2018, 9:59 am
Explain the necessity for the "update" shot...what is different about him now then the picture you already have? For someone who claims to have stepped back from the hobby, you seem awfully disappointed that you didn't meet someone again that you probably already have a perfectly good picture with.
An update is just getting another photo with a celebrity even though the original photo is fine in quality.. the photo I need with Cho is an upgrade meaning my original photo is not good. In the original photo he is wearing big shades and a hat and this makes him unrecognizable in my photo meaning even though it is a legitimate photo with him, i'm in need of a better shot

oldschoolwwwf
Marked Out Master

Post by oldschoolwwwf » June 5th, 2018, 3:49 pm

We need a marked out dictionary.

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » June 5th, 2018, 5:10 pm

There's no need for updates. Combo gluttony only angers the combo Gods.

Giacchino nice, would have him sign Medal of honor PlayStation game.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com