Hall of Famer Johnny Valiant

Jason1980s
Marked Out Pro

Hall of Famer Johnny Valiant

Post by Jason1980s » April 5th, 2018, 8:05 pm

As many know by now Johnny Valiant has died.

He was one of the first few Hall of Fame classes so you know he was very important to Vince McMahon and/or the earlier history of WWF.

After leaving WWF in 1988 he seemed to largely be done with fame except for the autograph signings and comedy shows (though he was in AWA in late 80s which I didn't know).

You would probably never know he was a Hall of Famer because of how humble he was in regards to his fame. He was quiet but a kindly gentleman. I doubt he could ever say a harsh or negative word about any person.

I was able to spend some quality time with him at two different autograph signings thanks to my friendship with Jimmy Valiant. In the time around him I could tell he was a good man.

I know he enjoyed signing autographs, meeting fans and doing his comedy routine but I think moreso he was an "everday guy" who was unassuming and maybe didn't seem to understand the wrestling autograph and photo op craze as his demeaner at wrestling signings seemed that of a shy individual.

I have several good friends affected by Johnny's sudden death. I'm glad we all got to spend some time with him, whether a lot of years or just a few times. In the few hours I spent with him, he gave me memories that will last the rest of my life.
Book WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Valiant for your event!!
PM me!

http://www.jimmyvaliant.weebly.com/

Meet WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Valiant ANY Sunday 12 noon to 4 PM at Boogie's Wrestling Camp located at
2916 Alleghany Springs Road in Shawsville Virginia. Free of charge!

"I'll never forget what the WWE took away from me. I also want to say I'll never forget all the great things they gave to me"-Bret Hart

class316
Marked Out Historian

Re: Hall of Famer Johnny Valiant

Post by class316 » April 20th, 2018, 3:47 am

Jason1980s
Marked Out Pro

Re: Hall of Famer Johnny Valiant

Post by Jason1980s » April 20th, 2018, 8:29 am

Sweet photo op, Steve. Johnny's was never too animated in photo ops but he was a great guy and multi talented.

Bruno Sammartino was everyone's hero for his in and out of ring actions and so many people are obviously very devastated with his passing, as was I. The Valiant Brothers are my heroes for the in ring/interview performances and the quality of men they are outside the ring. I wish Johnny really knew how much of a legend he was and how much he was appreciated by fans even 30+ years after his WWF days.

My personal favorite memory is getting to meet up with Jimmy Valiant and his family at Bud Carson's shop in Pennsylvania. My grandfather and I coincidently arrived at the same time as Johnny, in the parking lot then we all walked through the parking lot and the mall trying to figure out this old timey antique mall and where Bud's store was. In typical Johnny fashion, our conversation through the walk was about random, non-wrestling related information.
Book WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Valiant for your event!!
PM me!

http://www.jimmyvaliant.weebly.com/

Meet WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Valiant ANY Sunday 12 noon to 4 PM at Boogie's Wrestling Camp located at
2916 Alleghany Springs Road in Shawsville Virginia. Free of charge!

"I'll never forget what the WWE took away from me. I also want to say I'll never forget all the great things they gave to me"-Bret Hart