SummerSlam Meet & Greet Lineups

You can talk about any upcoming signings in here!
lanza218
Site Admin

Re: SummerSlam Meet & Greet Lineups

Post by lanza218 » July 11th, 2018, 2:25 pm

class316 wrote:
July 11th, 2018, 12:48 pm
I'd go in debt if Brock were $125

We get it. Ur a lazy bum with no job and any event you pay $$ for is debt. Enough

luiginyc84
Marked Out Pro

Post by luiginyc84 » July 11th, 2018, 3:06 pm

Foot Locker in Times Square had Big Show and Carmella last year. Plus they were selling some WWE exclusive shirts and sneakers I think. So them plus the Stubhub store are good chances of happening again.
My Photo Ops / Autographs Collection
http://www.flickr.com/photos/luiginyc84/sets/

Whole F'N Gigantor
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Whole F'N Gigantor » July 11th, 2018, 6:32 pm

Holy shit that lineup is pretty lame and I've been waiting for that reveal for months. I'll be driving down Friday afternoon and right now, Daniel's the only name I'd be willing to pay for, maybe Braun, but shiiiiiiit that's some weak shit.

I'm definitely in for some free signings and whatever other events are going on.

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » July 12th, 2018, 10:19 am

Whole F'N Gigantor wrote:
July 11th, 2018, 6:32 pm
Holy shit that lineup is pretty lame and I've been waiting for that reveal for months. I'll be driving down Friday afternoon and right now, Daniel's the only name I'd be willing to pay for, maybe Braun, but shiiiiiiit that's some weak shit.

I'm definitely in for some free signings and whatever other events are going on.
I no longer watch, but who *should* have been on it?
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » July 12th, 2018, 10:22 am

Greg2600 wrote:
July 12th, 2018, 10:19 am

Ronda Rousey
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » July 12th, 2018, 10:32 am

ICW wrote:
July 12th, 2018, 10:22 am

Ronda Rousey
Well they never quite get the headliners at these things though. She'd probably cost too much money, and WWE seems content on keeping the price around $100-125 per wrestler.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » July 12th, 2018, 10:33 am

Greg2600 wrote:
July 12th, 2018, 10:32 am
ICW wrote:
July 12th, 2018, 10:22 am

Ronda Rousey
Well they never quite get the headliners at these things though.
I guess but she's been on TV more often then, say, Brock Lesnar and this is her first Summerslam. It wouldn't shock me if she's added to some sort of signing like Steph and HHH did last year (and one i'll miss out on!)
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » July 12th, 2018, 10:50 am

Word going around is Rousey refused to be apart of it. The names listed are all 150 names in wwe eyes.

jabronijosh04
Marking Out Amateur

Post by jabronijosh04 » July 12th, 2018, 9:54 pm

lanza218 wrote:
July 12th, 2018, 10:50 am
Word going around is Rousey refused to be apart of it. The names listed are all 150 names in wwe eyes.
I highly doubt she refused to do it

Also I wonder how fast Braun strowman will sell out

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » July 12th, 2018, 10:03 pm

jabronijosh04 wrote:
July 12th, 2018, 9:54 pm
lanza218 wrote:
July 12th, 2018, 10:50 am
I highly doubt she refused to do it

Also I wonder how fast Braun strowman will sell out
I have to bitch about the time I missed out on a Braun photo op.

A year or two ago, I was walking down 34th and 8th and I saw Braun in the parking garage across the street. I totally forgot that WWE had a house show that afternoon. He's with Bray and Luke Harper (I think). They emerge from the parking lot and they're standing on the sidewalk waiting for traffic to stop. So I ask Braun, "Hey Braun, can I get a photo?" and he says, "Yeah sure, let's do it before the traffic stops." He poses for the photo and a fucking cop grabs my arm and pulls it down, like I was holding a gun or something. The traffic stops and Braun crosses the street. I was so furious with that cop...

hack87
Full Fledged Mark

Post by hack87 » July 12th, 2018, 11:07 pm

I'd been waiting on these announcements and am usually on the fence with the high prices for what are not huge wants. The only two I don't already have are Strowman and Reigns, who I don't care about.

Does anyone think HHH and Steph be added like they were last year?

Whole F'N Gigantor
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Whole F'N Gigantor » July 13th, 2018, 10:40 am

Greg2600 wrote:

Would've loved that photo with Hunter and Steph they did last year. Also, would've loved soemthing similar to that NXT/Main roster champ photo they did back in 2015 (I think?) Just something unique. I know Mania Axxess is the bigger one and more money goes into it, but shit, gimme at least Nakamura. I feel like it's a big letdown, but I'ms till gonna find ways to meet people, I'm sure.

I wouldn't have ANY interest in Ronda fwiw. Just not a fan personally.

So for those who have gone, do they actually do a Axxess with other free signings and stuff like the Mania axxess or is it just these? Should I just plan on doing hotels?

mrira
Marked Out Master

Post by mrira » July 13th, 2018, 10:46 am

July 13th, 2018, 10:40 am
Greg2600 wrote:

Would've loved that photo with Hunter and Steph they did last year. Also, would've loved soemthing similar to that NXT/Main roster champ photo they did back in 2015 (I think?) Just something unique. I know Mania Axxess is the bigger one and more money goes into it, but shit, gimme at least Nakamura. I feel like it's a big letdown, but I'ms till gonna find ways to meet people, I'm sure.

I wouldn't have ANY interest in Ronda fwiw. Just not a fan personally.

So for those who have gone, do they actually do a Axxess with other free signings and stuff like the Mania axxess or is it just these? Should I just plan on doing hotels?
Axxess at Summerslam is only the paid stuff. Nakamura’s autobiography comes out in English early next month, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they did a signing at Barnes & Nobles

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » July 13th, 2018, 11:38 am

Objectively speaking, I feel this lineup is exactly where it was supposed to be. Nakamura seems a bit like an omission, and I half expected Ronda, not that I needed either one of them. I also expected a Divas trio like last time, in place of just Bliss, but aside from the Diva group I don't know where I'd even fit the other two in. On the surface Miz/Maryse seems pointless, but it's to promote the reality show. I suppose Nakamura replacing Joe could be better, but if Joe gets the title match it fits.

Also remember Triple H and Stephanie only did this once and they weren't apart of the initial announcement anyway. The NXT panel also was one and done. I had pretty much no wants I expected here, with zero chances guys like Rusev, The Usos, etc, would be priced like this.

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » July 13th, 2018, 3:21 pm

A Sanity shot would have been nice, but not for $125
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/