Tracy Smothers passes away at 58

ICW
Marked Out Master

Tracy Smothers passes away at 58

Post by ICW » October 28th, 2020, 12:10 pm

WWE is saddened to learn that Tracy Smothers passed away today at the age of 58.

WWE extends its condolences to Smothers’ family and friends.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

Jason1980s
Marked Out Pro

Re: Tracy Smothers passes away at 58

Post by Jason1980s » October 28th, 2020, 11:55 pm

This is not something you want to come into but we will always remember the good times. I had the pleasure of briefly meeting him in 2017 and the honor of taking a picture on his phone and Savio Vega's phone with him, Savio and Nikolai Volkoff. It's so awesome how so many guys know each other from working different promotions together either independent or non-WWF at various times and get to be a small part of them reminiscing and enjoying each others company is a great feeling.

I am shocked he was only 58. He's been around so long and had this really old school veteran look to him. He's one of the guys you hear so many good things about. Anyone who met him at an indy show and posts about it, you normally hear about him making the time to talk with them during the show or before or after. He was supposed to do a signing with Tommy Rich and Little Guido just a few weeks ago but he wasn't able to make it obviously. It would have been great for the fans of course but I'm sure the guys would have loved seeing each other. Having met all of them, I'm sure they got along really well during their time together. All three are absolutely "do anything for anybody" or "give the shirt off your back" type of guys. All three deserved bigger positions in wrestling IMO but all three would probably agree they were happy doing what they did.
I thought Tracy in WWF would have been a huge success in 1996 but it wasn't meant to be. He wrestled in all three major promotions of the time and it was always great seeing him no matter the promotion.
Book WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Valiant for your event!!
PM me!

http://www.jimmyvaliant.weebly.com/

Meet WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Valiant ANY Sunday 12 noon to 4 PM at Boogie's Wrestling Camp located at
2916 Alleghany Springs Road in Shawsville Virginia. Free of charge!

"I'll never forget what the WWE took away from me. I also want to say I'll never forget all the great things they gave to me"-Bret Hart