Racing not Walken Step by Step into 2020!

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Greg2600

Racing not Walken Step by Step into 2020!

Post by Greg2600 » January 23rd, 2020, 5:17 pm

I led off the year of Barbara Walters (2020) by doing a paid meet. This was initially supposed to occur in June of last year, but was postponed. The prolonged silence from the theater (Ridgefield Playhouse) seemed very strange, given that both men lived mere minutes from it. Anywho, the primary need for me was the great Christopher Walken, who I’d seen a few times in NYC but couldn’t get him. This meet was fairly affordable and centered on a talk between the two. I wound up catching a fairly nasty cold in the week prior, so I was still miserable come show time. In fact, given my cold and the cold outside, I decided against going up early to graph him going in. He did rack though. The talk was really funny, as you could imagine. Afterwards, those with a VIP got in line off in the back. They just kept them on the two chairs they were sitting on and the house lights on. This resulted in some pretty terrible lighting, but what can you do? They wouldn’t allow autographs. There were a good amount of collectors waiting for exit, and though Walken literally said he would sign, the security of the venue went ballistic and shoved him in the car. When Dick Cavett, the host, left, they stood in the middle of the road blocking people from following.

It’s been fairly dry in the city so far this month, not much I cared to do. I did want a couple of older ladies who I am a fan of. First up was Suzanne Somers from Three’s Company and Step by Step. She exited the building, and was very friendly, doing for the small contingent of us there. A bit later I went to the zoo for the hilarious Jennifer Coolidge from American Pie movies, playing Stifler’s Mom. She was very sweet as well, and I took a selfie.

Somers

Coolidge

I did have a few fails though. I found info on Martin Lawrence, but I was not available to attempt until the second day. The crowd was too big for him, and he only ran out to his car. Oh well. Similarly, every time Robert Downey Jr. comes to town, I find info too late, and once again, on the second day, he didn’t want to stop at all.

:cries:

Last but not least, another indoor meet. I drove through some ice and snow to Oaks, PA, once more, for the annual Motorsports Show. Their guest list keeps getting weaker and weaker, having NASCAR former stars Kyle Petty and Dale Jarrett. I have tons of stuff signed already from them TTM, so I mainly just wanted a photo. I arrived just before Kyle did, and got the photo and a few cards signed. I even printed out some old photos we took of his dad King Richard and himself at Walt Disney World in 1993 when they had a parade for them there. He got a kick out of those. I left to get lunch, and returned an hour later for Dale, who won the Cup title in 1999, and Daytona 500 three times. The staff were a bit more rushed for him, for some reason (everybody got it), but I got a photo and two cards signed as well.

Jarrett

Petty

The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: Racing not Walken Step by Step into 2020!

Post by WOODMO » January 24th, 2020, 8:09 am

Great stuff. The Walken lighting is weird, it makes me think about the Kilmer event. The red makes it almost look like a Fiend match, but it turned out great regardless.

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » January 25th, 2020, 10:14 am

Great stuff. The Walken/Cavett photo is fine despite the lighting.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

Joresky

Post by Joresky » January 29th, 2020, 9:05 am

Awesome stuff! That Walken/Cavett pic is very cool!