Anyway Capman Wants it - Round Three - 10/27/2019

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
capman
Marked Out King

Anyway Capman Wants it - Round Three - 10/27/2019

Post by capman » January 4th, 2020, 4:44 am

So I really wasn't going to do a post as I honestly thought who would care since I wrote about him twice, but since both Greg ( privately) and Lanza brought it up, and for fun to do a nomination, here it is telling it in detail the only way I know how:

Again with no announcement or tip off, on Monday Oct. 7th, my friend texts me at 9a.m saying tix just went on sale for a breast cancer benefit in RI on Sunday, Oct.27th called “Mammos & Mimosas” sponsored by Lite Rock 105.and the special guest – STEVE PERRY (formally of Journey)! My rule has always been- BUY NOW, FIGURE OUT LATER! I buy, I quickly sell my Chiller Ticket, and make it a trip with my family. SOLD OUT in 90 min.

I get an e-mail from the DJ who knows me from the Boston Steve Perry event with the all rules and if there is any question we want to ask, send it. I send my two, she emails me back personally and thanks me. Then proceeds to tell me” and please Rob, remember, no autographs this time”. I found it funny that she remembered what happened in Boston and wanted to tell me no autos. I wrote back “I am not the one you need to worry about”. I’ll get to that later.

Day of – I get together with my group whom I met in Boston and we go 90 min early (like Boston). My gut feeling was right – he was there early for a sound check. I get out of the car, see his car, I run quickly (yeah I had a ticket from 1983 ready to sign in case….) and he goes right in car. Oh well, FF to the event.

Get in, get table, and the woman/DJ who told me not to bring anything, comes to me, and tells me she picked my question and she would like me to ask Steve. Like HBK once said “It is dangerous giving me a live mic considering the mood I am in” (which, for me, was great). So Steve comes out, NO phone recording of any kind, He is actually prompted to sing and gives us a full voice acapella version of Open Arms (w a 1 min Standing O). They save me to 2nd to last to ask question. Now, me being me, before I announce the question, I say “I would like to let you know Steve, that since you are releasing a xmas song , I am wearing the Official Steve Perry Xmas socks ( raise my leg), which you all can get at Steve Perry.com for a low low price”. This makes Steve laugh embarrassingly. I ask my question and takes about 4 min to answer. I’m thrilled. They announce pictures. I now have people coming up to me whom I do not know, saying they know me from the SP group on FB. One gentleman in particular says he saw a picture of me getting my poster signed and asked advice because he drove is hours he brought Journey singles to get signed. I told my quick story and he said he will try to get him when he leaves (spoiler- Steve blanked when leaving for the day).

Now, on to the pictures. From advice from masters like Heel Orton, Greg and others in the past, I insist our table go last. We do. The women and I all have our plan. I come to watch the guy that asked me about poster, he and his buddy get their 45’s signed as no security seemed to stop and Steve usually will never say no in the spotlight. I say “hmm”. The DJ sees this and says NOTHING. However, she sure is watching me. I am about 10th to last which I could do nothing about.

Now about 30 seconds before I go up ,a woman named Jill, from Fantasy Record, remembers me from Boston, as she is announcing everyone’s name before you get to Steve. I start dancing, and when she announces me, I pull up my pant legs and start singing n dancing to “Silver Bells” showing his socks. He is laughing hard now, and the pro photo guy snaps it. Then Steve puts his arm around me, and says “Let’s get a promo shot for the website”. DONE! I get a different style picture (my mission), and then get a third standard pic (which I am not crazy about) and ask Steve “ Why don’t you do a Vegas Residency, just acoustic or something”. He says “we’ll see, we will see”. I choose not to bring out the ticket as I don’t want to get pinched for future events and not worth it. My friend who told me about the ticket, she got two cd covers signed so that made me happy ( NOTE - he will NEVER say no to a woman asking).

That is my report! It was fun, I made memories for myself as I always try to do and got the full resolution JPG"s from the DJ (be lucky I don’t post a long report about the Magic Garden girls from June in RI) and met my idol/WW once again with a great picture. Will I go again in the future? Stay tuned, batkids, and find out!
Attachments
SP1_2019.jpg
SP laughing.JPG
THE SHOT.JPG
IMG_0970.JPG

mrira
Marked Out Master

Re: Anyway Capman Wants it - Round Three - 10/27/2019

Post by mrira » January 4th, 2020, 8:04 am

Great report. Always loved Steve Perry's stuff & would love to meet him 1 day.

billybatson22
Full Fledged Mark

Post by billybatson22 » January 4th, 2020, 9:33 am

As a report in general, this was highly entertaining to read.

As a lifelong Journey fan....AMAZING report to read and the photos are memories for lifetime!

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » January 4th, 2020, 10:58 am

Awesome man!!! Such a fun read!

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » January 6th, 2020, 2:40 pm

Ironically we had a Boone Day and Perry Fever report in the same day. I wish I could have gone there too, but there was too much going on that weekend. What's next, an op in Oh Sherrie cosplay?
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

capman
Marked Out King

Post by capman » January 9th, 2020, 1:51 pm

Greg2600 wrote:
January 6th, 2020, 2:40 pm
Ironically we had a Boone Day and Perry Fever report in the same day. I wish I could have gone there too, but there was too much going on that weekend. What's next, an op in Oh Sherrie cosplay?
I do have an idea in mind, not sure if i can pull it off.