Scrub that Pool Yourself Buttermaker!

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Greg2600

Scrub that Pool Yourself Buttermaker!

Post by Greg2600 » April 6th, 2018, 11:32 am

Not long after our last adventure, I saw that Tatum O’Neal was in town, and I needed her. Years back, she was at Chiller but every time I went to her table, she either wasn’t there or had a huge line. I gave up and went home, learning years later from a handler that she was a pain in the neck to them. I knew of a pretty low key spot, which wound up being myself and one other guy. Unfortunately she was late and blanked going in, and then out! We went to grab lunch, and returned. This time she was very hurried again, but I got the combo done! I would probably consider my BNB piece complete, not sure where I would find other cast members? Brandon Cruz and Brett Marx have done some cons years ago, but the rest are in California or totally MIA.

The Roseanne cast was also in town, and they were just plain terrible. How bad? John Goodman was an easier get than ANY of the women on the show. In fact, I got him to sign my Big Lebowski piece rather easily, while Lecy Goranson RAN out and wouldn’t stop. Roseanne’s car returned at one point, but she never got out or rolled down the window. While I was waiting around, I saw JBL John Bradshaw Layfield coming up the block, and grabbed a selfie!

In the evening I tried the cast again, but the spot was really chaotic. Besides Michael Fishman, aka DJ, who was very nice, it was blank city. I also finally got a photo with Scrubs star Zach Braff, but Sarah Clarke was pretty bad and denied me several times walking in.

Another stop along the way was the book signing for Mike Epps, which had literally 25 people, most of which were his friends. I arrived as he was finishing, and grabbed a photo and left.

I finished by joining a friend at a hole in the wall. I wanted Ann Reinking, world famous dancer, and of course “Grace” in the 1982 Annie film. She exited and was nice as can be.

I made another NYC trip to try for Simon Pegg and Dana Carvey. They both didn’t stop on the way in, though I wasn’t there yet. Bryan Cranston arrived and did nothing. Carvey runs out the door into the car, and several graphers chase it. He did roll down, but most of us thought it was Cranston’s car so we didn’t run. Pegg shockingly left and did nothing. I’ve yet to see this man stop in my presence. While there I saw Train lead singer Patrick Monahan, and he was nice enough to stop. Final move of the night was for actress Michelle Hurst, who is mostly a who name. However, she was one of the “hostages” in the Airheads movie, which I love, so I went for it. She was very sweet, though, and that was that.

All in all can't complain but Roseanne herself, Tatum, and Pegg all stopped during the day following, which is annoying! :exasperated:
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

ICW
Marked Out Master

Re: Scrub that Pool Yourself Buttermaker!

Post by ICW » April 6th, 2018, 12:09 pm

Nice scores, sucks about the Roseanne cast but screw her anyways
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

Btvsp3
Full Fledged Mark

Re: Scrub that Pool Yourself Buttermaker!

Post by Btvsp3 » April 6th, 2018, 10:21 pm

Yeah the Roseanne cast was awful. I was lucky enough to get Pegg last week but he wasn’t very nice about it. He didn’t want to sign my Star Trek poster because his character wasn’t featured on it. :smh:
Follow me on Instagram: StevenLesser