ICW DELETES Manhattan Mayhem

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
ICW
Marked Out Master

ICW DELETES Manhattan Mayhem

Post by ICW » March 5th, 2017, 12:39 pm

I came into ROH's Manhattan Mayhem with some pretty tempered expectations. The card was decent but lacked that "oomph" to it, although I was REALLY looking forward to seeing Will Ospreay vs. Dragon Lee. I believe that was their first-ever solo match and it's certainly a dream match amongst diehard wrestling fans.

The pre-show meet and greet lineup was REALLY lacking IMO. No Adam Cole, Bobby Fish, Jay Lethal, or Briscoes? For a the New York show? Strange to the say very least; however, something completely unexpected would more than make up for it.

I did, however, score three solid first time meets.

Up first was Will Ospreay, who is certainly in the Top 5 Best Highflyers in the entire world. The sky's the limit for Ospreay. He was really cool! I had him sign my PWG Trading Card and he also offered to sign an 8x10 for me, free of charge! Great guy.

Next was "The Last Real Man" Silas Young. I really enjoy his character and he came across great on an interview w/Bryan Alvarez a few months ago. He was really nice, asked me and my friend where we were from. Terrific guy.

Finally, I met Dragon Lee. He's insanely young and is arguably the top high flyer in the world. I don't believe he spoke much English (I believe he had a translator with him) but he was really nice.

The show itself was really good (I had ringside seats) right up to Ospreay/Lee. THAT was when the show went from "fun" to "OMFG!!!" Their match was superb. The Young Bucks vs. Lio Rush & Jay White followed and was really good. The Bucks retained their titles...and then the lights went out. When they came back on, THE BROKEN HARDYS were in the ring!!! The crowd went INSANE.

Matt cut a promo about how they left TNA and everyone assumed that they were going to sign with "MeekMahn" but they were signing with ROH. They then challenged the Bucks to an impromptu tag title match...and WON! It was INSANE.

Following their victory, they announced intermission. I heard a buzz in the arena shortly after and saw the Hardys being led out to the corridor. I immediately made a beeline out to the corridor and saw the Hardys behind a small table with a gigantic crowd around him. It felt like there was going to be a damn riot! This one security guard FLIPPED HER LID. "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU ALL DOING! BACK UP! BACK UP!" The crowd responded by chanting "DELETE! DELETE! DELETE!" at the security guard!

Finally, they decided to move the Hardy's downstairs although you had to buy a ticket upstairs. The price for a combo was $40. I was really low on cash but my friend, who participated in the meet and greet earlier, offered to split. We decided to try it and, sure enough, we were allowed to split! :ohyeah:

I thanked Matt and Jeff for giving me a memory I will never forget. They were both really awesome. They signed 1 8x10 and my friend told me I could hold onto it! Success.

What a night!

Autographs:
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: ICW DELETES Manhattan Mayhem

Post by WOODMO » March 5th, 2017, 2:09 pm

That seemed like a great moment! Excellent Hardy shot!!

cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master

Re: ICW DELETES Manhattan Mayhem

Post by cmshowstopper » March 5th, 2017, 7:03 pm

$40 combo is a fucking steal!
http://www.cmshowstopper.com/ Official Webpage Of CM Showstopper

http://www.fallenangelchristopherdaniels.com Official Webpage of Christopher Daniels