ICW's Evolve 79 Report

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
ICW
Marked Out Master

ICW's Evolve 79 Report

Post by ICW » February 26th, 2017, 2:52 pm

I decided to make the trip to Queens for another Evolve show at La Boom. That place has become a hotbed for wrestling (Evolve, Tier 1, FTW, and more) and it really is a fun environment to watch a wrestling show.

I had three main wants heading into this show: ACH, Jason Kincaid, and Zack Sabre Jr. ACH and Kincaid would be first time meets while ZSJ would be a three-peat.

I showed up around 5:30 and was able to walk right into the club. To my utter disappointment, the pre-show meet & greet featured "All Ego" Ethan Page, Jeff Cobb (Matanza from LU), and Matt Riddle - all people I've previously met and had nothing new for them to sign. Boo. I did see that Kincaid had a table set-up but he wasn't around.

The show was tremendous, tons of fun, and ZSJ won their championship in a great match vs. Timothy Thatcher.

Post-show is where I hit a homerun.

ACH had set up a table and charged $5 for a combo. I had him sign my Wrestle Kingdom 11 program, which is funny story. ACH wrestled as Tiger the Dark, a masked character that is the arch-nemesis of Tiger Mask W (Kota Ibushi). When I asked ACH to sign it, he pretended like he didn't know why I would want him to sign Tiger the Dark's spot in the program but would do it anyway. He was a great, hilarious guy. $5 combo to meet someone that nice? Awesome.

I noticed a (very) attractive girl working the merch table and recognized her as Candy Cartwright, a performer for Shine and other lower-level Indies. I do think she'll eventually be signed by WWE - her gimmick is sort of a bitch - so this could potentially be a nice get. She was also thrilled that I recognized her and snapped a bunch of selfies with me.

While they were dismantling the ring, I noticed Keith Lee hanging around and approached him for a selfie. He was as nice as could be and thanked me for my support. If you've never seen him wrestler, do yourself a favor and correct that. He is INSANELY good - especially for his size.

I then hopped on ZSJ's massive line. I had him sign my PWG card and took a photo with him and his newly won title. Awesome stuff. And, by the way, he didn't charge. :yes:

I then met Jason Kincaid, who was charging $10 for a combo. Nice, quiet guy.

Finally, I met Indie wrestler Chris Dickinson who is REALLY good. Hard hitting, stiff worker type. I think he's going to be noticed by WWE. He's legit.

I also saw Evovle tag team champion Fred Yehi and he took a selfie w/me for free. Great guy.

Autographs:
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: ICW's Evolve 79 Report

Post by WOODMO » February 26th, 2017, 8:49 pm

Awesome!! The Sabre post title win shot is a definite wrestling photo of year contender

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » February 27th, 2017, 12:29 am

Rack fest bro!

Gumby
Marked Out Pro

Post by Gumby » February 27th, 2017, 2:13 am

Always love reading your reports ICW. Great stuff!

heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Post by heelorton79 » February 27th, 2017, 4:14 pm

Very cool stuff!

UFOboy
Full Fledged Mark

Post by UFOboy » February 27th, 2017, 5:08 pm

great stuff..looks like you got the best of texas talent!