Will there be a future Fan Fest Event?

Discuss general topics dealing with the hobby.
Nicksfan23
Marked Out Pro

Re: Will there be a future Fan Fest Event?

Post by Nicksfan23 » November 8th, 2019, 6:49 pm

Continuing the desire to be transparent, we are in discussions with multiple groups to sell Walker Stalker Con and/or its assets. Therefore, we believe it is prudent to pause sales of Atlanta and Dallas (but also New Jersey for asset reasons too) until a final outcome is reached. We do believe those events will move forward but while discussions and negotiations are ongoing, it is best to not advance anything further at this time.

The immediate question and answer is, yes, the priority is refunds, talent debts and subcontractor debts to be paid from any sale or transfer of the company and/or its assets. If there are any proceeds after all of the debts are addressed those will go back into investing into the growth of Fan Fest Events.

Fan Fest Events is not being sold. Fan Fest London, Chicago and Nashville (and the sub events) will all proceed as scheduled with no halt in sales or preparation. We are working and are active in negotiations to refresh the talent roster for Nashville and continue to build the list for London. We’ve been assured by many talent and managers that with the resolution of the debt, the guests will return.

Addressing some other concerns and rumors. We are actively working with the State of Tennessee to ensure that refunds are being addressed and have been for nearly two months. We are being transparent to show that there is a genuine effort and desire to resolve things. Our desire, which is why we’ve pushed to try to avoid winding up the company, is to get the debts of the company resolved.

In regards to London. The winding up of the 2019 licensee does not affect the ability to put on the February event. The 2020 event is being handled separately and is proceeding, as planned. We had discussions with the venue this morning and they are sending over the information and assets needed to get the event up on their website.

We aren’t sure exactly what a new ownership group will mean for the future of Walker Stalker Con, but we hope that it goes into hands that will love it, like we do, and return it to the event you loved so much too.

Any questions should be directed to info@fanfestevents.com

Thank you,

Walker Stalker Con

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » December 3rd, 2019, 12:08 am

Fandemic Tour now has a new event in Atlanta in October of 2020, so that I'd assume is that for WSC/FF in the Peach State........
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » January 9th, 2020, 10:16 pm

Looks like FanFest Nashville was a total mess:

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » January 9th, 2020, 10:25 pm

Not for nothing, but who is still giving this company their money, in advance no less.

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » January 9th, 2020, 10:35 pm

The CEO chimed into a discussion on this in a FB group, but he then deleted all his comments. My guess is that he figured he'd try to set things straight, but was met with the usual attack lines. This Fan Fest thing has got to the point where there are people who have nothing better to do than complain about it. The very post that went up here is devoid of any journalistic professionalism or sourcing, just another hit squad. If I were him, I wouldn't have even bothered commenting.

That said, I am not defending anything about the company whatsoever, but I hope I'm not alone in being sick and tired of people whining about this convention company all over social media. Clearly there are issues, my advice is simple, DO NOT PAY THEM, DO NOT GO, enough already! I've been attending cons for a long, long time. I don't buy VIP tickets, they are a waste of money unless it's a line skip EVERYWHERE. You are getting hosed no matter what con it is. Be smarter. I mean, give me a break, "they didn't get their free food!!!" WTF is that? Get a life. I go to meet celebrities and that's it. If Fan Fest has the ones I want, I will go.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com