Diane Keaton Book Tour 2020

You can talk about any upcoming signings in here!
Greg2600

Diane Keaton Book Tour 2020

Post by Greg2600 » January 10th, 2020, 11:39 pm

She has a new book, Brother & Sister, doing mostly conversations only.

Wednesday, February 5, 2020 7:00PM

BOOK REVUE
313 NEW YORK AVE
HUNTINGTON, NY 11743

Thursday, February 6, 2020 7:00PM
*This program does not include a book signing. All books will be pre-signed by the author.

Sixth and I
600 I St NW
Washington, DC 20001

Friday, February 7, 2020 7:30PM
*Sold Out

Harrison Auditorium
3260 South St.
Philadelphia, PA 19104

Monday, February 10, 2020 8:00 PM

Arsht Center’s Knight Concert Hall
1300 Biscayne Blvd
Miami, FL 33132

Thursday, February 20, 2020 7:30PM

Sydney Goldstein Theater
275 Hayes Street
San Francisco, CA 94102

Friday, February 21, 2020 7:00PM

Osher Marin JCC
200 North San Pedro Rd
San Rafael, CA 94903
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: Diane Keaton Book Tour 2020

Post by WOODMO » January 11th, 2020, 4:11 pm

Probably in for Huntington. I think she usually does photos at these things?

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » January 11th, 2020, 4:19 pm

If they allow her to, and it's an actual meet and greet. She did the last time, she's very nice.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » January 11th, 2020, 4:22 pm

Greg2600 wrote:
January 11th, 2020, 4:19 pm
If they allow her to, and it's an actual meet and greet. She did the last time, she's very nice.
That's what I thought, thanks. It seems it's pre-signed in DC, so I'd think itll be the same here. And in general Huntington is fine with pics usually unless the person is against it.

Btvsp3
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Btvsp3 » January 12th, 2020, 9:02 pm

WOODMO wrote:
January 11th, 2020, 4:22 pm
Greg2600 wrote:
January 11th, 2020, 4:19 pm
That's what I thought, thanks. It seems it's pre-signed in DC, so I'd think itll be the same here. And in general Huntington is fine with pics usually unless the person is against it.
I’m in for Huntington too!
Follow me on Instagram: StevenLesser

mrira
Marked Out Master

Post by mrira » January 17th, 2020, 10:13 am

Book Revue says she’ll be taking photos, so I’m in

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » January 17th, 2020, 2:47 pm

Fucking knob making the rounds early in 2020

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » January 17th, 2020, 6:42 pm

UPDATE: This event is now SOLD OUT. There is a wait list. Please give us a call for more information about being added to the wait list for this event: 631-271-1442

Thanks for supporting your local Long Island bookstore!

###

Join us for an evening with Academy Award-winning actress Diane Keaton, as she signs copies of her new memoir, Brother & Sister.

A LIMITED NUMBER OF TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE FOR THIS EVENT and will go on sale Friday, January 17th at 10am.

A ticket includes a copy of Brother & Sister, which will be handed out at the event.

Bring your camera! Ms. Keaton will be taking pictures with fans.

There will be no memorabilia or outside books signed at the event.

About the book:
From the beloved film star and best-selling author of Then Again–a heartfelt memoir about Diane Keaton’s relationship with her younger brother, and a poignant exploration of the divergent paths siblings’ lives can take.

When they were children in the suburbs of Los Angeles in the 1950s, Diane Keaton and her younger brother, Randy, were best friends and companions: they shared stories at night in their bunk beds; they swam, laughed, dressed up for Halloween. Their mother captured their American-dream childhoods in her diaries, and on camera. But as they grew up, Randy became troubled, then reclusive. By the time he reached adulthood, he was divorced, an alcoholic, a man who couldn’t hold on to full-time work–his life a world away from his sister’s, and from the rest of their family.

Now Diane is delving into the nuances of their shared, and separate, pasts to confront the difficult question of why and how Randy ended up living his life on “the other side of normal.” In beautiful and fearless prose that’s intertwined with photographs, journal entries, letters, and poetry–many of them Randy’s own writing and art–this insightful memoir contemplates the inner workings of a family, the ties that hold it together, and the special bond between siblings even when they are pulled far apart. Here is a story about love and responsibility: about how, when we choose to reach out to the people we feel closest to–in moments of difficulty and loss–surprising things can happen. A story with universal echoes, Brother & Sister speaks across generations to families whose lives have been touched by the fragility and “otherness” of loved ones–and to brothers and sisters everywhere.

IMPORTANT: Because this event is ticketed there will be no outside books signed at the event.

wewantflair
Site Admin

Post by wewantflair » January 18th, 2020, 11:17 am

What the heck was the limit for this if it sold out in a day?

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » January 18th, 2020, 8:01 pm

wewantflair wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 11:17 am
What the heck was the limit for this if it sold out in a day?
Sorry I truly had no idea. I didn't read the website. Obviously somebody read my post, knew enough to buy it ahead of time, and didn't bother to mention it here!

:leo: :leo: :leo:

Btvsp3
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Btvsp3 » January 18th, 2020, 11:36 pm

WOODMO wrote:
January 17th, 2020, 6:42 pm
UPDATE: This event is now SOLD OUT. There is a wait list. Please give us a call for more information about being added to the wait list for this event: 631-271-1442

Thanks for supporting your local Long Island bookstore!

###

Join us for an evening with Academy Award-winning actress Diane Keaton, as she signs copies of her new memoir, Brother & Sister.

A LIMITED NUMBER OF TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE FOR THIS EVENT and will go on sale Friday, January 17th at 10am.

A ticket includes a copy of Brother & Sister, which will be handed out at the event.

Bring your camera! Ms. Keaton will be taking pictures with fans.

There will be no memorabilia or outside books signed at the event.

About the book:
From the beloved film star and best-selling author of Then Again–a heartfelt memoir about Diane Keaton’s relationship with her younger brother, and a poignant exploration of the divergent paths siblings’ lives can take.

When they were children in the suburbs of Los Angeles in the 1950s, Diane Keaton and her younger brother, Randy, were best friends and companions: they shared stories at night in their bunk beds; they swam, laughed, dressed up for Halloween. Their mother captured their American-dream childhoods in her diaries, and on camera. But as they grew up, Randy became troubled, then reclusive. By the time he reached adulthood, he was divorced, an alcoholic, a man who couldn’t hold on to full-time work–his life a world away from his sister’s, and from the rest of their family.

Now Diane is delving into the nuances of their shared, and separate, pasts to confront the difficult question of why and how Randy ended up living his life on “the other side of normal.” In beautiful and fearless prose that’s intertwined with photographs, journal entries, letters, and poetry–many of them Randy’s own writing and art–this insightful memoir contemplates the inner workings of a family, the ties that hold it together, and the special bond between siblings even when they are pulled far apart. Here is a story about love and responsibility: about how, when we choose to reach out to the people we feel closest to–in moments of difficulty and loss–surprising things can happen. A story with universal echoes, Brother & Sister speaks across generations to families whose lives have been touched by the fragility and “otherness” of loved ones–and to brothers and sisters everywhere.

IMPORTANT: Because this event is ticketed there will be no outside books signed at the event.
Fuuuuck.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » January 19th, 2020, 5:39 pm

I got mine during a free period at work. I didn’t get to post because I never dreamt it’d sell out that quickly.

mrira
Marked Out Master

Post by mrira » January 19th, 2020, 6:53 pm

I saw the event pop up on my facebook feed a few minutes before the on sale time & after I read there be photo's I jumped on it.

Btvsp3
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Btvsp3 » January 21st, 2020, 12:01 pm

Got a waitlist ticket. 😔 Hopefully I still get to meet her.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » January 21st, 2020, 1:02 pm

Btvsp3 wrote:
January 21st, 2020, 12:01 pm
Got a waitlist ticket. 😔 Hopefully I still get to meet her.
How does it work? Is it waiting for a cancellation, or do you just come down and wait and hope there's time left over?